A message for the Guests on this forum

Pleeb

Banning is called that? That's news to me. More like a take that to idiots who no one wants around - which is what you probably see trolls as - but one who wants to troll gets over bans easily. Idiots don't. If you start thinking of everyone as a troll, you'll only make the lives of legit users more difficult and alienate the people you want in.

The ones you don't like you ignore. If one doesn't understand that and feels the need to reply to obvious troll posts, they deserve to get trolled. Maybe it teaches them a thing or two and overall that's better for them.

If they wanted to mass troll this place, they would've already done so. Perfect targets with imaginary pony waifu fucktoys and all. I found out about this place in a thread about you guys with the OP's intent to storm in and troll and everyone's reaction was just "meh losers who cares".

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does getting rid of trolls make life harder for legit users?

But trolling isn't just tricking people and getting a rise out of them. Trolling often turns to insults and shitthrowing, which makes this forum look like shit to other people. Plus it fucks up thread counts and is just childish. It's like letting your kids run around in a restaurant.

Just because we haven't hit a massive wave of trolls doesn't mean it ok for little ones to leak in and have their fun. All trolls should go. If all trolls are guests, then the only thing we can do is cut guests loose. Which is bad for guests. Unless they make a name for themselves, which in that case is fine. It's better than being a guest. Even if you only want to ask one question, you can just leave and never come back. Who cares as long as you didn't call someone a name, fuck up their thread with retarded questions or fuck up the irc.

Why should trolls get an easy ride just because they are too difficult an issue? If they get an easy ride, they have already won and trolled you.

frt

It's not just a matter of trolling, it's a matter of breaking the rules. People -- members and guests -- that are just going into threads and flaming, flamebaiting, ...wait, I already said this!

I would also like to refer to the points that Phi brought up in his first post -- and I agree with all of them except for the last, about the three-day thing.

Especially things like: GuestA makes a topic asking for advice, GuestB posts in there as GuestA, saying he/she is trolling, generally posing as OP, etc. I'm always getting messages from members, "I think guest A, B, and C is the same person trying to make it look like everyone dislikes my idea. Could you check?" and I'm all, "I cannot, they're all using TOR."

I also am with Avalanche on his message right above mine.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Okay, I went on my trip for about three days, I come back to find it hasn't let up. I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions and opinions on this thread. You can refer to my three replies on this thread (as well as Phi's reply) for the rationale used behind why guest posting is now disabled.

If the anons who don't want to create an account (this site may help, though), after you make a "tulpachan," let me know, and I'll add it to the links section.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png