glitchthe3rd

A theory on how many tulpas is too many

Over the years I've had several that have been temporary so to speak. They come, they go, they return later, all with various degrees of development. I've also had "permanent" tulpas leave. One dissipated, and two just left and return from time to time much like the temporary ones do. At any given time, I seem to retain 2-3 permanent ones. When I got 4, the first one left(though he returns as

Mentioned). I got another one, and lost another one. None of mine have really had a purpose other than companionship. One acted as a mentor, one acted like a moral compass, but They didn't go away just because I no longer needed a moral compass(I definitely could use one. Unfortunately, he happens to be the permanently dissipated one, and efforts to retrieve her have failed rather miserably).

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

I think this is why I get mildly disappointed when I see people making a second or third, it's most likely going to be obsolete soon. Gimmicky tulpas.

Ah-yup, tried that twice, each attempt about a year apart, and failed both times. Guess I don't have any real purpose for more than just the one.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Ah-yup, tried that twice, each attempt about a year apart, and failed both times. Guess I don't have any real purpose for more than just the one.

And yet you're completely satisfied with your first one? She is vocal, imposed, all that?

May the Force be with you

Oh yes, I'm very happy with her. Still not really imposed yet, no, but certainly vocal and thoroughly developed visually. The weak link at this point is me; I'm currently working on inducing hallucinations, as well as conditioning myself to listen out for her all the time, rather than just when I think to do so.

But yeah, I guess deep down I never found much of a purpose for having my other tulpas who came along after her. In the end they never really managed to become as deeply entrenched as she has.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Yeah, I agree with Neon, and I think I've seen a few people on here who went though the same thing. The first really is the most special, the first one to talk and gain independence and surprise you with it's development. Following ones don't seem that special, you already have expectations for it, and even have to go out of your way to give it some kind of meaning just to keep it interesting. I know that doesn't apply to everyone but it sure happened to me.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012