Can you switch with your tulpa(e)?

Voltian

Can you switch with your tulpa(e)?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Can you switch with your tulpa(e)?

• Yes
    • No, but we plan to
    • No, and we don't plan to

Well, Starfire hadn't gotten any replies on her post in the general discussion. That made me wonder: Just how many tulpamancers can switch with their tulpae? I was surprised when I didn't find a poll.

I call him Lance

Favorite Quote

"It's what I live for."

Well gee, I don't know. Apparently according to the technical definition, no?

My tulpas are able to replace me in controlling my mind and body, meaning not only actions but also thoughts are theirs and not mine, while I take their typical position as "in the background" with no control over the body or thoughts. Apparently the fact that I'm still aware of my senses (as my tulpas are mine at any given time) confounds/conflicts with the technical definition. But for all intents and purposes, I'll say yes. There's no practical difference other than awareness, which is natural for my tulpas and subsequently I while switched.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

That's actually how it is with me and Starfire. I'm in the background with her in control of my body. I pretty much just blank out unless she's talking to me.

I call him Lance

Favorite Quote

"It's what I live for."

I don't know if it was a switch or not but summer tried it when I was asleep and I woke up having summer fully possessing my body. I did not remember anything what happened but she said she made the body stand and she needed to push it was falling down amd walk a few steps.. she also said that she opened the body's eyes.. i believed her when she showed me her memories..

in my point of view all I can remember are 4 things my 3 dreams whch felt very real, LIKE hell real I tought that was the real world.. like I did have the sense of touch but very faintly.. and I remember I was falling down a hole and saw summer and cherry looking down.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

Nope. I fail at dissociating, so regular possession is the best we can do. We obviously plan to learn switching, but after all these months there is very little progress, so I don't have high hopes for that.

Hah... We can never seem to get past rudimentary possession before something important irl happens, completely taking me away from forcing for a time until I kinda forget about it...

But! Once we get possession down, I assume we'll go for the gold in switching

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

It's something that I really want us to achieve, which is odd when you think about it because it doesn't benefit me in any way, only my tulpas. I suppose I'm one of those humans who wants to do certain things purely because they can.

I think Thunder and Melody would both like to try it for the same reason they are at least vaguely interested in imposition: any exercise that might bring them closer to me, they want to try and do. All I need is motivation and time to practice.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

Switching has never appealed to me. We tried it a while back and got nowhere, which was mostly because we didn't actually do it for that long, but it wasn't something we really wanted to do. I don't get to spend as much time with them nowadays and adding switching to it will just confuse things more. I got things to do, people to see, classes to take, and both of my tulpas are crap at Chemistry. Just personal preference I guess. I mean, I can see the appeal for others, but it's just not for us.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]