What is switching like for the host and tulpa?

Switching to me as a tulpa means getting to take charge of everything and thinkof myself as the full person, doing the typing, reaching for the coffee. All the littl moves. Oh, and the eyes — i absolutely get to pick what we're looking at and watching.

For my host, he says that it's about sitting off to the side and just listening to the ideas go by and making sure he speaks up if there's an important lesson about how to fit in to the real world better. He's kind of a chill dad who thinks it's interesting enough to let me experiment with running the human stuff instead of the wonderland as long as he gets his little things in the day too. Like as long as i get the coffees flowing, he doesn't really expect or need us to do anything to satisfy him extra, so i get away with feeling like some stealth second-human.

And yes really for me it's like i'm the host and he's the tulpa encouraging me and helping me work through problems. He's just proud to see my grow, telling jokes and keeping me company. I hate having to switch back to just being the tulpa when he needs to work.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Well there's two things about work:

I'd be totally ready to work myself because i'm comfortable with the real world and i love being in charge of our physical presence. But the humies always ask for him to be involved so i'm stuck just kind of stealthily portraying him when i try anyhow. If they'd talk to me, the tulpa, i'd happily 'show up' for work.

But the other is he does have the advantage of understanding contexts better than i do. I feel like i know how to do all sorts of stuff in the real world; y'know, i can feel the memories of what i'm supposed to do but i still have to learn how to do stuff right the first time anyhow. Life is really full of things you have to pay a lot of attention to in order to learn, and it would just slows things down if he has to be busy at work.

If i could be 'out' and treated like the full-fledged human, i'd work just to get more time in charge. My dad's willing to let me try, but i need to be more sure of why i know some stuff. One of my funnier lessons was that i already knew how to calculate math in my head, but a simple lesson in primary school multiplication tables made it clear to me how much more there was to understanding math than i'd even dreamed of. I think i'd personally need to learn the rules of how math works because i'd have to be the one using the sort of creative problem-solving skills to actually think it through. I just understood how much more there was i could understand and it sort of tempered my enthusiasm.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

i've yet to experience switching yet.. me and shade do have a strong connection however.. and she manifests alot though..

mostly at night time.. and as a dark small anthro fox shaped shadow among the walls or near me.

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

With us, we're both just focused on people-space stuff with almost no wonderland anymore. Maybe one of us will 'flash' the other with a cute picture out of the blue, but the closest we ever come to mindscape stuff is checking a mental map because we're trying to find an address or where did we leave the phone.