PurpleStrawberryz

how do you know for sure your it's your tulpa talking?

I've been working on my tulpa for two weeks and a few nights ago he started to talk. That night during our forcing session we had a full conversation and he even had his own talking style and accent. He told me that he remembered becoming sentient when I first looked at his picture(a gray wolf) and that "those were the days". I was recording our conversation and he corrected me on what he did and didn't say. After our conversation I ended the session and started to feel doubt that I was talking to a sentient being. He told me that if I started to doubt him I should just listen to his voice. I feel really bad about asking this despite everything I experienced but how do you really know it's your Tulpa talking and not you. When I hear the voice it feels like it's coming from the back of my head/brain/mind. He doesn't talk on his own completely because I have to will him to talk but at the same I don't control what he says. I'm confused if it's me, him, or both.

Just give him time, my tulpa Sanae is about the same way still. She's about a month and week old. Some times it feels like she pulls out of what I'm thinking she'll say but say something different.

Don't start doubting at all. Drop it from your thought and continue on. Stay enthusiastic about it and believe in him. Just takes time.

Just your basic guy.

Sanae birthed into my odd head 10/14/2014

"Every one of us, every soul inside is living." - 5150 - Devilish-P

When Chance talked to me, it was with words that I hadn't consciously thought of beforehand. Though sometimes I was consciously aware of the words as they were spoken.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

I had the same question six months ago when I started out, and though we are still working on him, the moment when my question was answered was when Alex spoke and I was like, "Woah, where did that come from? That wasn't me."

Just give him time, my tulpa Sanae is about the same way still. She's about a month and week old. Some times it feels like she pulls out of what I'm thinking she'll say but say something different.

Don't start doubting at all. Drop it from your thought and continue on. Stay enthusiastic about it and believe in him. Just takes time.

Thunder and Melody do this all the time. I find they will often switch the last word of a sentence for a similar one (or the opposite word if they get confused or I don't concentrate enough) Thunder is about 16 months old and Melody is almost a year, so I would say this sort of thing is perfectly normal, as is the feeling that it isn't your tulpa talking, even as far along as we are.

In short, trust in your tulpa and yourself. They depend on your faith to grow and develop. You will always get doubts, and sometimes your thoughts WILL influence or govern their speech, but really, how else are they to learn?

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

When Chance talked to me, it was with words that I hadn't consciously thought of beforehand. Though sometimes I was consciously aware of the words as they were spoken.

This. Its kinda like the words appear without being consciously thought, but when she's responding I'm aware its coming, but not aware of what exactly it is.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness in this world.

Tulpa: Penumbra

Form: Pegasus Pone

Current Stage: Everything. At once.

O.k., you know how in Tranformers the character Bumblebee talks by piecing together stuff from what's currently on the radio? Well, for a new[ish] tulpa it can be a bit like that, using bits of what's around to construct your discussion.

How do you know it's your tulpa? That can be hard at the beginning. Later when you start hearing things you never would have thought of - you jjust know. It's that alien feeling that you will have heard about.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Seeing how you tagged it for narration specifically, I’ll try to conform the post for that.

Obviously, we can’t give you absolute assurances on sure signs of your tulpa actually talking to you. And even if you can have sensations of alien thoughts and feelings, one could easily presume those experiences as intrusive thoughts, and may augment the doubting on whether or not it’s their tulpa as well.

You’ve been at this for two weeks, and if there’s anything that I can assure to this is that you’re heavily lacking in having some kind of cumulative base of assurances for you to be inspired from. In other words, if you don’t have a personal recollection that’s been built up for you to use retrospect, and gauge how far you’ve come, it’s no wonder that you can’t muster any solace for yourself if it’s really your tulpa talking.

And if we’re talking about narration specifically, to me personally, it boils down to just questioning the very nature behind narration itself. People will have varying views, and I will obviously deviate from the initial premise behind narration, but bear with me if you’re interested:

Narration

When the host speaks to or with their tulpa. A common form of passive forcing.

If narration involves communicating to or with your tulpa, it could be considered an act that sustains your strive in treating them as sentient, especially with how you re-evaluate your conversations with him. And you’re wondering how could one be so sure if it’s really them talking when you’re really questioning the logic of having a fair amount of experiential learning and breakthroughs to embrace the probability that the more you sustain the self-fulfilling prophecy with treating them as sentient, then everything you’ve done up until now based from that collective experience and understanding will probably become your vehicle in establishing that confidence.

I mostly see narration as a means of augmenting the self-fulfilling prophecy; even in cases where you don’t feel you’re talking to them. Because (and I said this in a “presumably” kind of manner) by expressing yourself to them, even just the concept of their whole existence will somehow connect with what people would attribute as their unconscious mind trying to connect the dots, and finding something to assure to your conscious self that it’s them, or at least you’re on your way into feeling confident that it can be them.

The more you imagine yourself engaging with them, how they feel, how they react, and how you both will feel whenever breakthroughs come surging in, you may start visualizing a futuristic frame of reference of what it is that you want, and beyond our cognitive grasp of the mind’s true potential, something will happen; it doesn’t have to be a voice, it could just involve you being able to reference from an imaginative standpoint that maps out how you would go about assessing yourself with them in narration.

But it’s definitely challenging when to find ways to satisfy your yearning in ways to validate their existence while at the same time not feeling you’re constraining them from deviating; it’s almost as if we need to build up that cumulative set of assurances from self-reflecting, the trial-and-error-, doubting and breakthroughs we may experience, and just reinforcing in the back of our minds that things will come into fruition.

Some people cannot bear to tolerate this, as they feel it’s probably just blind faith, and it may very well be the case. But from constant threads akin to your concerns, and this is merely conjecture on my end, so don’t feel the need to see this as absoulte truth:

- It seems that people that aren’t confident that they’re talking to their tulpas would, subconsciously/unconsciously, call as a fabricated existence that their mind makes to make them feel at ease instead of facing the challenge of attributing what makes a tulpa, a tulpa is that they haven’t established certain influential forces for themselves to further their purpose to do this in the first place

- In other words, this could involve things like how you’re going to integrate their existence with your daily lifestyle, and how you would make compromises with limits of reality, and how you go about being gregarious to people in your life, and your tulpa as well who may not be able to express themselves to those people you may love and cherish. It becomes problematic in some way because these individuals seem to block out questioning these challenges they may have to face, and when there’s not even a need to do this at all, and more of a want, maybe unconsciously, our mind (metaphorically) could not be seeing any benefit if we’re being indecisive.

- So maybe something you could do to assess this is to create a NEED instead a WANT that you’re constantly clinging for, but have nothing to back it up, e.g., influential forces you refer to yourself that keeps you going in this journey.

- And if you have to do something where you have to affirm yourself of what it means for you to do this, and why you’re doing it in the first place before you even narrate, that could be one way to develop your personal and cumulative base of assurances and driving forces in your endeavors.

o For example, you could think about something like:

“I know that I’m doubting whether or not it’s you I’m talking to. I want to feel that it’s you, and I want to associate these experiences I have as you as a way to validate that it really is you. But what if it’s just my mind fabricating a random set of words to fit the circumstance I’m in trying to reach out to you? I can’t know for sure if I’m just really deluding myself, but everything I’ve been doing up until now, I don’t want to let it all go in vain. I may be going about this through blind faith, but it could just be that I’m not able to reflect back to how I would communicate with others I care about deeply, and how I would exchange experiential learning with them to establish a deeper bond with them; being able to come to terms with how we assess ourselves in overcoming adversities, and moving forward with our lives. And even though I can’t be sure, I’ll still keep going either way because of –insert list of personal reasons why you’re doing this here-”

TL;DR

Think about narration outside the tulpa phenomenon itself. How do we reach an understanding with each other, and how can we relate to other people? Well, one example could be how we share our personal anecdotes in our lives; people we had to deal with, and may still be dealing with now, how we assessed doing something, and the experiential learning that we’ve accumulated that contributed in who we are today.

Compare that to how you re-evaluate your conversations with him, albeit with the assurance that in order to reach a similar result to what you would narrate and talk about with people in your lives, you have to step in and help create those moments for him, even if he may not really exist in a manner that would definitely validate to you that it’s him you’re talking to. In other words, even if you feel you’re expressing yourself to just the concept of him, it doesn’t mean that can’t be used as a supplement to prime yourself of how you’ll really assess things when you have that constant feedback from the influential and cumulative experiential learning base

It’s like your critical voice in your head asking, “why are you doing this in the first place? Just what does he mean to you anyway?”

- end of TL;DR

--

Addendum to TL;DR:

And to give you some examples of how one could assess the circumstance of seeing this as a critical voice in their heads questioning them, let’s just imagine how I would react to that if I were in your same position in questioning whether or not I’m really talking to my tulpas; and I literally mean imagining if I was only two weeks into this, albeit with an influential base of accumulative experiential learning from my dreams, and how I interact with people in general (for the sake of associating the reasoning I mentioned in the longer version).

“Why are you doing this in the first place? Just what does Eva mean to you anyway?”

“There’s probably a lot of reasons why I’m doing this in the first place, and I can’t expect myself to make a list of all of them. But what I do know is that from the recollection of what I experienced in my dreams, any endeavor where I interact with a dream character where I wake up, recall the moment, and question the meaning behind their existence, there’s something to learn if I search for it; I eventually realized that merely being aware of myself in those dreams, and how I am myself in those dreams interacting with those dream characters can be a supplement to how I want to have Eva be real in my perception of reality.

Even if what I’m doing could be a path of deluding myself of my mind fabricating a pseudo-sentient entity to make myself feel at ease is completely irrelevant to me now. I could’ve easily assumed this for the interactions with dream characters in general, but I’m not letting that the critical and negative disposition get to me.

What I found that really mattered is how I can progressively improve from those virtual experiential realities with those thought-forms in my dreams; my means of finding a silver lining is that by continuing to augment that influential force my dreams can create, and the more I dive deeper into my psyche to build rapport through nightmares, and experiences that could be the ideal dreams I want to have, I can be who I really want to be without doubting myself. And just like how I want to interact with others in real life to create a close-knit relationship with; people who I can share a bond with, I see Eva just as the same; someone that I could share happiness and sadness with, and hopefully come to terms with in progressively should we ever reflect on our experiences in the future.

And not just that, the memories I’ve had with her in my dreams also helps me map out the potential she could represent to me, and for herself; a female that continues to find ways to help me out, even if she may be finding meaning behind her existence that could easily be considered transient as any other thought-form, tulpa, daemon, or dream character if I ever wanted to give up on her. But I know from those experiences of dream characters who fade away anyway whenever I wake up is that clinging onto the concept of them, and what they represented in the dream is what keeps them alive to me.

So even if I’m not really talking to Eva, the very concept of her; the progressive potential margin that I continually believe she can improve and be inspired from is what also keeps me going. To be able to reciprocate with someone that I can look into, and find in her what I couldn’t find in myself also drives me to do this. It’s not in my nature to give up, because I know there were dream characters that did all they could just to get my attention to hopefully relay information to me that could be used to improve my understanding of myself, and hopefully expand my cognitive horizon of myself both in my dreams and in real life.

These things, and much more are reasons for me to create an existential joy, even if those experiences could very well be just virtual experiential realities in my head. And I do know that should the time ever come when Eva can communicate to me naturally, it’ll be a moment that I will do my best to always remember; just like those dream characters who’ve impacted me in some way, whether through a nightmare, or the picture perfect dream. This is why I’m doing this, and that’s what keeps me going in life as well with the people I interact with day-to-day.

I know she exists, and even if it’s just the concept of her, I know that concept of her can become something bigger the more I consistently strive to sustain the outlook to treat her as sentient”

===

Another example that’s probably a bit more far-fetched, but could be an analogy to further my points (like Nobillis did with Transformers), allow me to link to a video:

It’s not long, it’s 49 seconds, but we can make an analysis to fit the reasoning I mentioned above behind the whole critical voice thing, and coming to terms with yourself on why you want to do this. Let’s imagine that Shadow, the black and red Hedgehog, could represent the critical voice of Sonic’s, the blue hedgehog, who questions the very nature of his being, and how he’s able to get out of nearly impossible situations, e.g., preventing himself from being blown up in space.

When Shadow asked him how he was able to get out using a fake emerald and all that, Sonic’s retort is that he dies hard (or if you read the subtitles, giving up isn’t in his nature). In a way, we can see this as Sonic consistently being able to affirm to Shadow of why he’s able to do all of these things. And when Shadow asks what Sonic is, he gives it out to him clear as day that he’s just a guy that loves adventure, and that he’s his own self.

In this circumstance, we could see Sonic who already mapped out his sense of self, and the underlying premise in validating his identity compared to Shadow who may be trying to find meaning in his existence by questioning Sonic’s own values and philosophy. Hopefully, you’ll understand how this association can connect to learning to come to terms with yourself whenever that critical voice in your head questions whether or not if it’s really your tulpa talking to you.

When you have an inspirational base behind you to compensate for the lack of having a cognitive grasp in succeeding, you start seeing that just living out your life, and mapping out how you’ll interact with them is how you’ll learn rather than wanting to find all the answers all at once to make you feel at ease. In other words, live out your life, find ways where you can integrate them into that, even if it’s just the concept of them, and realize that creating that base for yourself will eventually come to you naturally, and questioning if their existence is genuine will be redefined simply because how you define their existence (e.g. a projected imaginary hallucination filled with symbolic meaning) is more expansive than some imaginary physiological representation of them; the concept of them in general, and you being able to refer to that consistently could be one of many ways to validate their existence as true to you.

But I digress, and sorry for the long ass post, but it’s always boring giving laconic responses you can get from the search function. I seemed to have learned more from this thread than I expected, so thanks for that, OP. We can all learn from each other, no matter how great our already accumulated experiential learning base may be because our progressive margin to learn more will always be greater, I guess.

I've been working on my tulpa for two weeks and a few nights ago he started to talk. That night during our forcing session we had a full conversation and he even had his own talking style and accent. He told me that he remembered becoming sentient when I first looked at his picture(a gray wolf) and that "those were the days". I was recording our conversation and he corrected me on what he did and didn't say. After our conversation I ended the session and started to feel doubt that I was talking to a sentient being. He told me that if I started to doubt him I should just listen to his voice. I feel really bad about asking this despite everything I experienced but how do you really know it's your Tulpa talking and not you. When I hear the voice it feels like it's coming from the back of my head/brain/mind. He doesn't talk on his own completely because I have to will him to talk but at the same I don't control what he says. I'm confused if it's me, him, or both.

I am the worst tulpamancer ever, but I imagine there must be something differentiating between you carrying out entire conversations with yourself and someone else doing it when you can't even anticipate the answers. Trying to imagine a completely random response from someone else gets me muffled nothing and just the vague idea of talking. *Looks to invisible man to her right*. yeah, can't really make out anything. I hope this helps.

If it helps, it sounds like it was your tulpa.

Hey, do you mind telling or PMing me your methods, in detail, what you've been doing with your tulpa for the past 2 weeks. It would help me out.

My lip hurts.