What happens after...

Otsana

So... when you die, does your Tulpa's go with you? That's what i believe at least. You can spend forever with them. AWHH :3.. unless they don't want to. (whats your opinion?)

Host: Otsana

Tulpa: Devan

I think that when you die, you don't "go" anywhere. You just disappear and so does your tulpa. If you think otherwise, you shoul probably check out the Metaphysics section.

May the Force be with you

There really is no telling until it happens, though I admit I did get to thinking about this quite recently, after reading some stuff by Brian L. Weiss, M.D. My own personal belief generally just involves the continuity of the soul, but even if that were the case, I'm not sure how that would apply to a tulpa.

Even if my soul carries on after death, I'm left to wonder if a tulpa also has its own soul, or if it's just technically a component of its host's soul. Getting a little more far-fetched, maybe a tulpa mind structure is a vessel into which a lost soul can be (re)incarnated, without any immediate knowledge of its past before being a sentient tulpa (similar to a normal human's lack of memory after reincarnation, in most of the belief systems that accept that). Who knows?

I dunno. I tend not to ruminate on it too much, since I figure it's eventually coming to all of us whether we know what happens or not.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

Just throw in some if's and apply healthy skepticism to everything and it's not a problem. Never state anything as fact, but at the same time, keep your mind open to possibilities too.

Your tulpa is part of your consciousness. IF your consciousness survives in some form after you die, assuming it's pure consciousness (no physical attachments, emotions or personality etc.), then you and your tulpa would be one, together. Unless you believe in a material afterlife, there won't be personalities and forms so much as a feeling of connection to everything, which obviously includes tulpas from your own mind, but everything else too.

Reisen and I think that's perfect - the only way to be truly together is to remove all boundaries, which includes attachment to personalities and forms. Being one with everything fits that and much more. And if you really do just cease to exist (consciously), then I guess I'll never have time to be disappointed, huh?

Not to mention, losing everything that makes you you and becoming "one with everything", could also be a metaphor for dying in the scientific sense. How poetic.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well, considering that the only thing that makes me, well, me, is a set of brain states and firing neurons and neurotransmitters. The same goes for my tulpas. Once I die, my brain rots. I'm not exactly sure what exactly could come after, unless I had what some people consider the "soul", but I personally don't subscribe to that particular notion.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Oh. You know, why I love the tulpamancing forums? There almost all time come up questions, for which nobody can give right answer.

Get ready for anything. You never know, what's right or wrong.

It's the same thing I always say about religions - there is god, but what one?

And may the fears keep away from you.

Yep, they'll be 6 feet under too, rotting in your brain.

Aaand that's why I want my body to be cremated after my death.

May the Force be with you

This depends entirely on what a Tulpa exactly is, something that's not fully understood.

If they are what I think they are, splinters of the self, then whatever happens to the host should in turn happen to them.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand