the music I so loved

aksulthefoxx

I always had the ability to take an object From my mind and make it real and the times I do that the most is with instruments but I question why is it that if I can perfect instruments with such ease from my mind then why is it so hard for me to have my tulpa be visible . does anyone know the reason to this?

I'm just theorizing, but I believe it's difficult because a tulpa is a much more complicated construct, you could say. An object, will stay just that, an object. A tulpa, however, can move, talk, make facial expressions, think, etc all on their own. That said, I'm sure the impositional aspect will go a lot faster for you than most people.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

I guess it all boils down to what the mind expects to perceive.

One of the major tasks of the brain is to create a coherent picture of our environment from the poor and flawed input of our sensory organs. It will do this with all force based on our experiences and expectations, that's why our mind is quite easily fooled by illusions, especially if they seem more plausible than reality itself.

You say you've always been good at imposing instruments so your brain already expects to hear / see them in a realistic way if you think of them. That might not explain why you are able to do it but at least how.

I know this taste-phenomenon from accidentally taking milk instead of fruit juice out of the fridge as both come in similar bottles. It still tastes like the expected fruit for a short time.

This might actually be a fun training method. Have someone prepare different beverages in non-transparent containers for you, some with the correct label, some mixed up. You should be used to the look of the packaging so your mind expects a certain taste. Make yourself believe the labeling is correct for some time, focus on the expected taste, then drink and see what happens.

Same goes if you taste food while blindfolded. You'll be surprised how hard it is to guess the food if you can't see it.

So the bottom line is - we need to practice until the mind already expects to see / hear / feel our tulpas as we think of them. It's all habit, as hard as it might be to get there.

I know this taste-phenomenon from accidentally taking milk instead of fruit juice out of the fridge as both come in similar bottles. It still tastes like the expected fruit for a short time.

This might actually be a fun training method. Have someone prepare different beverages in non-transparent containers for you, some with the correct label, some mixed up. You should be used to the look of the packaging so your mind expects a certain taste. Make yourself believe the labeling is correct for some time, focus on the expected taste, then drink and see what happens.

Same goes if you taste food while blindfolded. You'll be surprised how hard it is to guess the food if you can't see it.

There have been some interesting experiments about this, particularly with wine tasting. Professional wine tasters have been completely fooled by simple tricks: putting an expensive wine in a cheap bottle, or cheap wine in an expensive bottle, or dying a white wine red. Basically it all boils down to a $5 wine tastes about as good as a $500 wine, so long as you don't look at the label.

It's been done with Coke too. People who are a little bit older than me might remember "New Coke". In 1985, Coke stopped selling their original formula, replacing it all with "New Coke", which had done very well in taste tests. Everyone was outraged, saying that New Coke was far worse than original Coke. Coke quickly brought back their original formula, and stopped selling New Coke entirely in 1992. Some people think that "New Coke" was just a marketing ploy -- people love Coka-Cola Classic better now than they did before they tasted the alternative, and sales went way up when it came back. Conspiracy theorists say we never got the original formula back -- just what Coke wants us to believe is the original.

My father was one of the people who hated New Coke, and my mother had him and a friend of his try two unmarked cups of cola to see if they could tell which was original Coke, and which was New Coke. They couldn't.

Around the same time, actual scientists were doing the same experiment. They found that people couldn't even tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi -- but they preferred the taste of something in a cup labeled "Coke", whether it really was or not.

Similar experiments have been conducted with scent. A common classroom experiment is a teacher cracking a rotten egg or pouring a nasty-smelling chemical into a bowl at the front of the classroom, and asking students to raise their hands when they can smell it. After the whole class has their hands up, the teacher reveals that the egg wasn't rotten, or the "chemical" was tap water.

There have also been multiple pranks on TV where announcers said they were experimenting with broadcasting a scent through television, and thousands of people called in to report that they could smell it.

So yeah. As Yakumo says, with scent and taste it's pretty easy to fool yourself.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson