Raising your kids to know and practice tulpamancy

JaySkyecrest

Guest amber5885

To clarify hush, what I'm saying is that tulpas and imaginary friends are one in the same. Toby is my partner in life and in romance and I wouldn't claim that with something I didn't think had a mind, free will and emotions of their own.

But I think by changing the terms you change the ideas of what is and is not possible and what is and is not okay to do when it comes to their creation,

Odds are good if you have children they will create an imaginary friend an an imaginary friend has all the same qualities as a tulpa up to and including their own thoughts and ideas (sentience) being able to see them in the real world (imposition) and being able to engage in their own activities that can sometimes distract the child. (parallel processing)

If you drop the magical terminology what you're left with is a straight forward concept that most children understand and con to discover on their own anyway,

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being around the community for over two years now, children under about 17 or so are the most likely to do really shitty things to them, get sick of them and let them die, abuse them in horrible ways. Please don't tell children about this. They're literally the worst. Don't let them have absolute power over another entity.

I get where you're coming from because children can be terrible, but so can people over 17. It's just not great to lump the good ones in with the bad in a general statement like that. I'm a teenager and I feel that I'm pretty good about forcing and interacting with Markus. At the very least I would NEVER do anything to purposely harm her and certainly never dissipate her. It just feels shitty to be lumped into a group like that.

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

I'd encourage that sort of thing in my child, if they took an interest in it, but I probably wouldn't force it on them. As others have mentioned, young children excel at tulpa creation, and like many skills it's one best learned from a young age. Personally I think that outweighs the risks involved with a young host abusing their tulpas, since there's always the potential to make things right down the road (as I did with my girls). But then my adolescence is like the perfect example of what not to do with tulpas, so anyone reading this should probably take it with a grain of salt.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I'm only 14, and my thoughts may be incorrect in their root, and all like that.

Well, what do I think? First: it can work. Yet we need some security. Almost everybody (as far as I know, 'cause I didn't) has an imaginary friend of sorts. But what do we hear if we decide to talk about it? Schizo, psycho, go to asylum, etc. So if any of you is gonna do something like that, try to make your child understand one thing: NEVER talk about it DIRECTLY, if you're in the presence of anyone not in the deal. Actually, when I was only starting making a tulpa, I introduced the concept to my friends through the LM article(it's saying the biggest amount of right opinions comparing to other encyclopedias in this case). They thought of the concept like of schizophrenia, except of one - as far as I know, he tries to create one himself now - and I never talked about it to them, except this one.

Second: try to control the process. Yet not directly, no, be a sidekick. On this forum, one man said something about "tulpa mentorship program". Well, it was a good idea. Be a teacher. And don't forget to explain, that the tulpa isn't the boxing dummy - it's sentient being. Just to clarify.

Third: DO NOT FORCE CHILDREN TO IT. I've seen many drek, so this one needed to be put in. It's their personal, dangit. In the same rule - if the child is okay with form and personality, but you don't like it, better do not try to change it. It's deeply personal.

And, adding to the holywar: yes, I'm 14, and I've seen many adults, that behave like your metaphorical teen, and many teens, that behave like your metaphorical adult. I've seen many drek[2]. Not to mention I'm not going to be harsh, if you didn't deserve it.

tl; dr: Be a "teacher" for your child, don't be intrusive without real need, and keep it a secret from men not in the deal. And teens are not always aggressive.

And may the fears keep away from you.

My children will never learn of tulpas till they come of age to be allowed to use the internet. Despite both me and my fiancé having tulpas.

I've experienced too muh tulpa drama to let my kids go through that.

Amber, are you trying to suggest that ALL imaginary friends are tulpas? Also, tell me. How many children keep their tulpas for the rest of their lives?

Guest amber5885

More often then not tulpas and imaginary friends share exactly the same qualities. Ask a child who has one. Their friends talk to them, have ideas and opinions different from there own, they have a wonderland everything,

The only reason we loose them as children is because we either become focused on other thigs (puberty and growing up) or we are reprimanded for having them after the normal time frame.

Once a child hits a out 9 or 10 the imaginary friend is no longer "normal" usually they're picked on if they mention having one and parents react negatively as well causing most kids to too neglect or abandon them out of shame or fear.

I personally don't think that all of them do,

how do you know that the people who had then as children don't still have them and just don't talk about it?

Also for the record, most kids would Probobly treat their tulpa or imaginary friend better than most adults as most kids tend to show a lot of respect and consideration for imaginary friends in childhood, whereas most people while creating tulpas aren't even sure they belive in them,

In my family we learned about tulpas from the familial tulpas (which we called Mythical Beasts). There are two of these - Crab and Turtle - and pretty much everyone in the family knows these two. Crb and Turtle pretty much only concern themselves with children - mainly with an aim to entertain. They are rather irreverent, generally ignoring adults except perhaps to make fun of them.

So, I guess the main difference is that in my family tulpas are just members of the family like everyone else. No, I've never set out to teach my son but, he does know Crab pretty well so is familiar with the basics of interacting with a tulpa.

Being around the community for over two years now, children under about 17 or so are the most likely to do really shitty things to them, get sick of them and let them die, abuse them in horrible ways. Please don't tell children about this. They're literally the worst. Don't let them have absolute power over another entity.

I realize that sometimes this may be true, however, I sure that an equal number of adults are guilty, and from what I understand, they are in the majority on this site. I admittedly am 15, however I believe that I have been a good companion for Saphira, and would rather chop off my own leg than let her go or do anything that may be detrimental to her. I think that your statement only pertains to children that are a bit unstable. No offense to anyone intended.

Anyway, I don't believe that children under the age of ten should really have tulpae. how would they pick appropriate personality traits etc? unless it is based on a dream character of an imaginary friend they have that seems to be relatively sensible.

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"