Teens and their tulpas

arcanemagic

I've seen several posts about teens in threads that they don't belong recently so I've decided to create this post. People can argue about how evil or terrible teens may or may not be to their tulpas. As for my personal opinion, I think that it's just bad to put all teens, or adults for that matter, into one group and say "bad." Some teens are mature enough to make tulpas, and some adults aren't. It depends on the individual, not their age group.

Posts on this thread ( https://community.tulpa.info/thread-anyone-willing-to-be-interviewed-by-email ) prompted me to create this thread btw :P

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amber5885

Good idea!

There is a lot of "ageism" on this forum. And I do understand completely where it comes from. The human brain isn't really don't developing until the person is in their 20's and teenagers can be rash and immature.

In my experiance both online and IRL, so can adults. And I actually know quite a few teenagers who are more responsible and thoughtful then a lot of adults i know.

Lumping any group together is insensitive and leads to a lot of misconceptions that simply aren't true

I don't think age has a lot to do with whether or not you will make a good host. I think it's dependent on the maturity of the person and I've met some very mature children and immature adults.

I think it needs to be judged on a case by case basis. And even then, who are we to judge some one else's decisions? The best we can do is educate, inform, answer questions if needed and hope for the best.

MrCrazy's problem/point is the "This information is more dangerous than it is beneficial" argument. I'm pretty sure that argument exists all over the world and has for the past thousands of years, too. And the general consensus is that, if you always limit yourself because of what might happen, you never end up making progress. In this context, that means that you're willing to ruin a hundred potentially beneficial tulpa-host relationships to prevent a few destructive ones.

I understand that logic perfectly fine. But it's not predominantly accepted anywhere, because when it is, progress stagnates. It's the basis of, and ultimately leads to, "Humans should all be killed so we don't cause any more harm, even if it means losing the good parts of humanity too". And human nature itself disagrees.

I get the feeling there's no convincing someone who thinks this way to think otherwise. Not my intention, rather, I want them to know that their opinion will forever be opposed and unaccepted. Humans as a whole have decided some harm is worth overall benefit, ie sacrifice one person to save many. And there will always be those that oppose that (superheroes?). Their logic, however, is that there's always a way to save everyone, without sacrificing even one.

How will you apply that to tulpas?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

As for my personal opinion, I think that it's just bad to put all teens, or adults for that matter, into one group and say "bad."

And you do realize that myself and my associates weren't lumping ALL teens into one category. Like, if you go read what we said on the threads. I don't get how you guys keep making this mistake.

Also, Reisen, do you really think people having tulpas is progress for the human species?

No one is attacking you here please stop

Hey, I'm just commenting. I'm not even particularly angry now, which is amazing, I know. I just notice there's a lot of claiming that I and the others with me, like Hush, were saying that we were saying that ALL teen mancers are terrible when anybody who would read our posts would realize that is clearly not what we're saying.

Guest amber5885

Stop dude. You're not discussing anything you're accusing people of attacking you and in this thread we are not.

If you want to post your opinion on the matter that's fine but this thread isn't about people's opinions of what you specifically said.

Stop dude. You're not discussing anything you're accusing people of attacking you and in this thread we are not.

Actually, I'm simply pointing out that I've seen nobody saying that all teenagers are bad mancers. That's relevant to the thread! It's about teen mancers!

Also, Reisen, do you really think people having tulpas is progress for the human species?

It's a comparison using similar logic, not an exact match. You're smart enough to know that, don't argue for arguing's sake. You know full well what I said.

Many people will benefit from having tulpas in their lives. This forum is proof. A few people will not be helped at all, but I feel sorry for those people themselves as much as I do for their tulpas. (IIRC You're a little biased in this aspect, hating humans but not their tulpas, huh?)

You don't believe the benefit is worth the bad. Rather than accepting a small amount of loss for a large gain, you believe that small loss cancels out the positivity of the gain in the first place, opting for neutrality. And again I say, I perfectly understand that. A superhero would never willingly sacrifice 3 people to save 100, they would use their comic book powers to find a way to save all of them.

Life doesn't always have a 100% answer though. BUT at the same time, we can never be sure that we really do have to kill those 3 to save the 100, so searching for a way to save them all is still a respectable standpoint.

It's an analogy. What I meant for you to get out of my post was, "With so much possible benefit, is it really worth forgoing it to prevent the much smaller loss? A better option is to find ways to minimize the loss while retaining at least a portion of that benefit."

It's simply lazy to flat out deny the entire experience. Killing all the humans to remove all evil is the lazy, uncreative answer. Do what at least some people in the world trying to do - enable to most benefit while minimizing the negative as best they can. Find ways to make sure those few people will never hurt their tulpas. The reason that even happens is ignorance, and it's usually due to the lack of understanding of a small amount of information when more is available.

If that school report was thorough enough, it could be nearly impossible for anyone who paid attention to make certain mistakes. And if they choose to only pay attention to a tenth of it and remain ignorant for that, so be it. The 100 may just have to benefit while the 3 now 1 doesn't. If you're a perfectionist (and I think you are - I am too), then failure means it's time to figure out how to improve again.

So instead of taking the lazy way out of stagnation, figure out how to safely move forwards. Maybe he doesn't show his report to a class of random people, maybe he provides the necessary information for those interested to further educate themselves.

Reality isn't perfect. You don't have to accept that, you can keep trying to get closer and closer to perfection. But refusing to continue for fear of loss will prevent you from ever gaining again.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yeah, you guys were being over sensitive. Nobody thinks all teens are bad hosts, but I do indeed believe increased age is going to correlate with maturity and being a less shitty host in general. Less experience and raging hormones are working against them. This shouldn't be a controversial idea