Teens and their tulpas

arcanemagic

That was mostly just an example about the possible unintended consequences of creating a tulpa. We barely know anything about what tulpas are, so it seems pointless to discuss whether teenagers should create one or not using depression and emotional problems as an argument when having a tulpa might just as easily cause these problems to become worse rather than better. We simply don't know enough about tulpas to discuss these topics yet.

I understand that. When I created this thread, it was mostly to separate the arguments that I'd seen popping up in unrelated threads from threads that had nothing to do with this :P

Also, Gryphon Flight brings up a good point. That being said, I don't regret (no ragrets hehehe) creating Markus so early. Whether or not that makes me foolish, I don't care. I'm glad for the extra time with Markus :P

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting a group of individuals in one group is bad. However, I also think that logical inferences can be made. Teens, generally, still have development that needs to be done, as the brain is still growing and developing until 24. I generally recommend that people don't create tulpas unless there is clear reason to believe that it is in their best interest, and I can't help but feel that generally teens who get into tulpamanceing wouldn't be doing it to actually improve themselves, rather they'd do it 'cuz its kool.

Also in my experience, teens who say that they are mature for their age, generally are less mature than people their age.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

Huh? Cool? I'm pretty warm at the moment actually. Sorry, I know what you mean. Unfortunately I can see very clearly how that is true, being among so many of the type of teenager who would do something because they think it will raise their social standing. To be perfectly honest, I try not to go with the flow actually. For one example, if something was particularly fashionable, I would probably go out of my way not to buy it, and wear something that I actually like wearing, not something that's "oh, that's pretty cool, it's ugly and expensive as hell, but people will like me because of it and be too busy worshipping it to notice the person who is actually wearing it". It's not a choice to annoy people, and to my knowledge, it has only annoyed the people who actually go out of their way to cause trouble for others.

@UCT I can see where you are coming from there, and in many cases that may be true, but if you are referring to me, I don't believe I fall into that category. I may be wrong, but I don't believe so.

P.S. I hate creating negativity, and I do not mean to argue with anybody or offend them. This is a wonderful forum with good helpful people, and should we really be creating conflict? Not really setting an example for newcomers are we?

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

I can see where you are coming from there, and in many cases that may be true, but if you are referring to me, I don't believe I fall into that category. I may be wrong, but I don't believe so.

P.S. I hate creating negativity, and I do not mean to argue with anybody or offend them. This is a wonderful forum with good helpful people, and should we really be creating conflict? Not really setting an example for newcomers are we?

Just a little rule of thumb I have, it doesn't always apply.

Hell I broke my own rule when I made a tulpa. I made Sonya because the idea was neat. Now she's sort of Muse or a moral compass. However had that been the plan, I think we'd be a lot better.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

'Cuz it's, cool, 'cuz it's cool... Well, I'm not on this wave, but knowing people, I would say, that if I told them I have a tulpa, they'd think that I am schizophrenic. If it was some "Cool man", they'd go for it themselves.

And fail. Only a clear mind (relatively, of course) can lead you to success in this field. Those people who do something just because it's cool and everybody thinks so will never get a fully conscious tulpa. If they even get any success, it would be a servitor.

They don't think about tulpa as companion, more as a... Like... Slave, or similar things... And that is what doesn't let them succeed. Even if they understand that, they mostly won't acknowledge mistakes and go whining. Or forget about this.

Or will tell everybody that they got tulpa in no time. Well, it all has the same probability. But the most noticeable are third ones. But roleplay can be sometimes easily spotted.

And may the fears keep away from you.

I am 14. I started making a tulpa when I was 13. I originally wanted to create her to be a helper to me. I've changed a lot in 1.5 years, and I still am, so my views on tulpas are always changing. Now I want her as a friend that will be there forever. Sometimes I look at my list of traits and cross out a few, because they don't seem right. They fit my original vision for her more than how I feel now.

Some I got rid of are: appreciative, deferential, obliging, and polite. It seems like I wanted to be superior to her back then, even though it was not long ago. My opinions are likely to change again, because I am still in my early teen years.

Another thing about being a teen tulpamancer (if I can even call myself that) is that I get distracted a lot. I can't clear my mind. There are thoughts that won't go away, like a new popular game everyone talks about, or my crush, or what I would do if I could time travel. I find myself feeling hopeless about my tulpa, and then I don't really care. Having a tulpa seems like a distant, impossible dream.

Conclusion: I'ts extremely difficult to make a tulpa if you are still rapidly changing as a person.

I am 14. I started making a tulpa when I was 13. I originally wanted to create her to be a helper to me. I've changed a lot in 1.5 years, and I still am, so my views on tulpas are always changing. Now I want her as a friend that will be there forever. Sometimes I look at my list of traits and cross out a few, because they don't seem right. They fit my original vision for her more than how I feel now.

Some I got rid of are: appreciative, deferential, obliging, and polite. It seems like I wanted to be superior to her back then, even though it was not long ago. My opinions are likely to change again, because I am still in my early teen years.

Another thing about being a teen tulpamancer (if I can even call myself that) is that I get distracted a lot. I can't clear my mind. There are thoughts that won't go away, like a new popular game everyone talks about, or my crush, or what I would do if I could time travel. I find myself feeling hopeless about my tulpa, and then I don't really care. Having a tulpa seems like a distant, impossible dream.

Conclusion: I'ts extremely difficult to make a tulpa if you are still rapidly changing as a person.

I understand a bunch of stuff that you've just put forward and I agree to an extent. I'm 15 and I'm a relatively static person. All of the personality changes that you've made to your tulpa are things that I've not had experience with because I didn't create Markus' personality.

The whole "I can't concentrate" thing is something that I'm more familiar with but I've found that if I just let go of any feeling of definite control of my thoughts they kind of float away by themselves. If I try to control what pops into my head, it just gets worse :P

The feeling of hopelessness about the whole creation process does happen to me from time to time. Sometimes it seems an impossible and infinitely distant goal, but when that happens I try to remember that it's all about the journey, not the end product. That perfection is something to be sought after but never achieved. If you get too caught up in the endless amount of progress and work ahead, you'll just sink yourself down into doubt. Because in the end, life is work, and work is what makes life meaningful... that being said sometimes it is a bit of a pain :P (But seriously, without work what would we do all day? We'd be bored out of our minds with all the fun!)

Anywho, there's my little speech on stuff :P I guess what I'm trying to say is that creating a tulpa varies in difficulty depending on who you are.

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!