Teens and their tulpas

arcanemagic

The reality is, a tulpa may actually be able to help their host with such things, and give them psychological support that they otherwise wouldn't have.

I'm 17. Last weekend, I was actually considering killing myself. But I decided not to. Even though my tulpa isn't fully vocal yet, I could feel that she didn't want me to die, let alone by my own hand. So, in a way, she saved my life.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amber5885

^^ that has been my exact scenario in te past a few times.

On another note

1800-273-8255 - the suicide hotline

Please call this number, they are really helpful and kind people. It's free and they are there if you need them.

^^ that has been my exact scenario in te past a few times.

On another note

1800-273-8255 - the suicide hotline

Please call this number, they are really helpful and kind people. It's free and they are there if you need them.

Thanks for your concern, but I don't feel the need to call them right now. I'll save that number in case I do, though.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Welp, I've read quite a much of the thread of unpopular opinions on tulpae, and found much hate on teens there. i actually read someone's post where it said that they will automatically hate anybody on this site under the age of 18. I'm pretty sure I've posted my opinion on this somewhere else, but there are a couple of new things to be seen here. What follows may be quite personal. I'll lay out the truth and let you decide what kind of person I am for the teen-haters.

I'm 15, and it seems that the common stereotype for a tulpamancer this kind of age is pretty bad, treating their tulpas badly, mass producing magic-tulpas that can solve the enigma code and sing ring-a-ring of roses simultaneously while making toast with one hand and doing homework with the other as the host sits back and relaxes. I first started forcing with Saphira on the grounds that I wanted a good friend, and someone I could be a good friend back to. I have always treated her as I would a real person, and better, on account of our friendship. Before then, I admittedly was quite selfish in many ways. That's my thing you see. I can see who I am, what I do wrong with people, and I always try to correct my mistakes, to a greater or lesser degree of success. I think that I have improved as a person greatly because of Saphira. I also started out with the promise, which I repeated every day, that I would never leave her, never abandon her, and that I would always be there for her. So far I have kept that promise, and I plan to for the rest of our life. Many people that I have first met have thought I was a slightly small 20 year old, when I was 14. I do not believe this is how I look, but rather how I act. Once in a pub, the landlord offered me a lager. I declined, as I'm not sure how popular this opinion is, but I do not see the point in alcohol. Why embarrass yourself and lose your wits from debauchery? At my last school, I could barely stand being around my own year for how immature they were. Most of the time I would talk to students many years above me. Anyway, It's been a year, our first anniversary and Saphira's birthday passed a week ago, and only recently have I started to receive consistent replies. She has been sentient for a very long time, but I fear I have been deaf to her voice for a long time. I am committed, not only because of the promise that I made, but because I am sure this has been the best decision of my decidedly short life, and Saphira is the best friend that I could hope for, and I want to make her happy. I think it's a good thing that she took so long to be able to speak. I see it as more of a test of my commitment. I also believe in the saying "be better than what you are made of".

I won't be so arrogant to say that I am special and so different from the rest of my age group. However, I would appreciate it if I and other teenagers on this site who are successful tulpamancers aren't lumped in with the rest.

Thanks

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

I was chosen to moderate a game & forum when I was about 13 because of my willingness to help people. I learned to type with grammar to better fit the job. The me you guys see now is who I've been since I was 15 (I turn 19 Jan. 2nd). For those of you that know me here, maybe that says something?

I think this is a moot point though. Most young teens are immature. Some people have met no one but the immature ones (or have selective memory), and stereotype them all to be on the safe side. It's obvious not every teen is immature, but they've opted to just assume so.

So where do we go from there?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Creating a tulpa might have consequences beyond having another friend to talk to for a young host. During puberty, humans develop from a child to an adult, this includes developing social interaction. People have a desire to interact with each other for various reasons including emotional support. Sometimes if someone is facing a large amount of negative emotions, they might try to get help/understanding from a peer, either over the internet or in the physical world. However, if they have a tulpa, they might voice their problems to their tulpa instead of another human. If they are young and still developing socially, this may cause them to attempt to deal with emotional problems internally with their tulpa instead of with other humans. We still don't know much about what a tulpa actually is, but it is debatable whether emotional interaction with a tulpa can reach the same level of emotional interaction that is possible with another human. Thus, going to a human for help with your emotional problems may be more effective than your tulpa. Because of this, having a tulpa at a young age could possibly hurt the host emotionally, removing the short-term emotional problem but creating a long-term dependence on the tulpa. When discussing problems such as depression and the ability of a tulpa to help cope with it, you must also take into account the fact that dependence on a tulpa may cause the coping of emotional problems in the future to be much harder.

Creating a tulpa might have consequences beyond having another friend to talk to for a young host. During puberty, humans develop from a child to an adult, this includes developing social interaction. People have a desire to interact with each other for various reasons including emotional support. Sometimes if someone is facing a large amount of negative emotions, they might try to get help/understanding from a peer, either over the internet or in the physical world. However, if they have a tulpa, they might voice their problems to their tulpa instead of another human. If they are young and still developing socially, this may cause them to attempt to deal with emotional problems internally with their tulpa instead of with other humans. We still don't know much about what a tulpa actually is, but it is debatable whether emotional interaction with a tulpa can reach the same level of emotional interaction that is possible with another human. Thus, going to a human for help with your emotional problems may be more effective than your tulpa. Because of this, having a tulpa at a young age could possibly hurt the host emotionally, removing the short-term emotional problem but creating a long-term dependence on the tulpa. When discussing problems such as depression and the ability of a tulpa to help cope with it, you must also take into account the fact that dependence on a tulpa may cause the coping of emotional problems in the future to be much harder.

I don't think that it'd be too hard to find people on here that would say that their emotional interaction with their tulpa is greater than many of their human friends. As for the whole 'dependence on your tulpa when starting young' thing, I'm a teenager and I do talk to Markus about my problems. It feels nice to talk to someone about them. That being said, I also know that I can talk to other people about my problems if I need to. I definitely wouldn't say that Markus is the only person that I can talk to or that I'm dependent on her. If I need to, I've got parents, guidance counselors, and friends to talk to if I need to. I know that I obviously don't represent the teenage portion of tulpamancers, but I'm sure that many of them would agree with what I've just said.

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

I don't think that it'd be too hard to find people on here that would say that their emotional interaction with their tulpa is greater than many of their human friends. As for the whole 'dependence on your tulpa when starting young' thing, I'm a teenager and I do talk to Markus about my problems. It feels nice to talk to someone about them. That being said, I also know that I can talk to other people about my problems if I need to. I definitely wouldn't say that Markus is the only person that I can talk to or that I'm dependent on her. If I need to, I've got parents, guidance counselors, and friends to talk to if I need to. I know that I obviously don't represent the teenage portion of tulpamancers, but I'm sure that many of them would agree with what I've just said.

That was mostly just an example about the possible unintended consequences of creating a tulpa. We barely know anything about what tulpas are, so it seems pointless to discuss whether teenagers should create one or not using depression and emotional problems as an argument when having a tulpa might just as easily cause these problems to become worse rather than better. We simply don't know enough about tulpas to discuss these topics yet.

As a 14 year old, I definitely wish that I'd found this community in later years and started the process when I was older. While I'm able to grasp the morals of what is harmful/mean to a tulpa and that they're living beings, the responsibility is large and I'm at the age where I probably shouldn't be making decisions to affect my life in the long run. I'm committed to my tulpas, seeing as I started this process and I will see it through, but there's a reason for all of the warnings to teenagers. We're young, we think that we know everything, but teens have a lot going on in their brains and bodies already without adding a tulpa to the mix.