[split] Anyone Willing to be Interviewed By Email?

MrCrazy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to perpetuate this, but I wanted to address MrCrazy.

Going by the logic that you shouldn't tell teenagers about tuppers because they are more likely to make and dissipate/kill them, then you should be working to take down this site and all information on tulpas. Someone who knows about tulpas is more likely to make and kill one than a person who doesn't know about them. I'm not saying we should be spreading this information like pixie dust to the point of encouraging it to happen. If someone wants to speak about it or discuss it, that's fine. The idea that a single class project is going to cause a problem is absurd. I'll set the stage as best I can from my experience in the public education system. Let's start with a class of 30 kids. I'm guessing about half will be completely uninterested, as a conservative estimate, so we're down to 15. I'm guessing that 2/3 or so of those people won't be interested enough to look into it more. We have 5 left. I'd say four of them might end up researching it a bit, and either giving up or losing interest. And then there was one. At this point, let's factor in the likelihood that this kid will actually make a tulpa, then he will kill it/dissipate it/make it into a sex slave.

All I'm saying is that it's not a big deal. The numbers might be coming out of my ass, and there is always room for error and outliers, but the point stands.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

If it's not too late, you can interview me :P Toss a PM my way :)

Also, MrCrazy, I'm a teenager and not all of us dissipate our tulpas because we're assholes. I keep finding posts talking about how terrible teens are because they kill and neglect tulpas and it's just not true. It's a generalization. Sure, some teens do it, but some don't. The same goes for adults. Despite the popular belief, age does not always improve ones wisdom/judgement. Sorry OP. I really felt the need to address MrCrazy because I've seen a lot of posts like this recently and it's just not right.

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

Must say I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with the crowd - and found a particular point by "mr crazy" to be rather hypocritical - "you are against free speech!" Followed by an opinion that we should be prevented from telling people about tulpas... Which Is I believe freedom of speech.

I would still love to be interviewed though for this project - if you need any help with compiling it I have a bit of exp. with presentations if you need to bounce ideas.

Also for your demographic information I'd point out I'm mid-late 20's - good luck.

Must say I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with the crowd - and found a particular point by "mr crazy" to be rather hypocritical - "you are against free speech!" Followed by an opinion that we should be prevented from telling people about tulpas... Which Is I believe freedom of speech.

Fallacy. I won't actively try to stop people from trying to make tulpas Mainstream, other then advise them against it. Whereas Amber literally tried to get me banned.

If it's not too late, you can interview me :P Toss a PM my way :)

Also, MrCrazy, I'm a teenager and not all of us dissipate our tulpas because we're assholes. I keep finding posts talking about how terrible teens are because they kill and neglect tulpas and it's just not true. It's a generalization.

I already said multiple times that I don't think ALL teenagers are like that. You should try to actually read the stuff I type, because I'm starting to think you guys are doing this on purpose.

Really, you guys should try to take a page from Quilten's book. At least he made an actual argument.

Despite the popular belief, age does not always improve ones wisdom/judgement.

Sorry to say, as the human brain learns new things, more often than not, further knowledge and wisdom is acquired. That's how learning works.

Wisdom =/= knowledge. I could teach you how to move your eyes independently - doesn't mean your now wiser for it. 'Course maybe you are, hard to say - but wisdom implies ability to make a well deduced and informed decision, some

May say the best decision, yet the amount of time I see some really quite aged and thusly 'wizened' people doing stuff that kids would say "the hell you doin fool!" To astounds me. Age can indeed lead to wisdom but it's not a sure-fire thing.

While you say you would never actively stop it, this forum works towards helping people with it, and your point of view actively discourages people, and discouragement is only a stones throw from prevention do you not think?

I suppose there is always free will though. -

Wisdom =/= knowledge. I could teach you how to move your eyes independently - doesn't mean your now wiser for it. 'Course maybe you are, hard to say - but wisdom implies ability to make a well deduced and informed decision, some

May say the best decision, yet the amount of time I see some really quite aged and thusly 'wizened' people doing stuff that kids would say "the hell you doin fool!" To astounds me. Age can indeed lead to wisdom but it's not a sure-fire thing.

So would you say, that you are wiser than you were when you were younger?

I know I am, and I'd wager a lot of people would think that they are wiser in adulthood then they were as teens too.

Wiser.. I would love to say yes but honestly (and not for the sake of arguing my point) I'm not sure I am much the wiser for my extra ten years and university.. I know the world better but I would have put that under knowledge.

Wisdom. Hm. That said I was always the overly sensible kid in school - never really did the stupid stuff others did because I saw it as stupid and pointless. Outsider ftw. Perhaps a little wiser would be true, but nothing to write home about I don't think.

Hmm. Well if anything this has promoted some self reflection. ^^