Do tulpas really need attention to survive?

KHost

I disagree with Upper Class Twit. I'll make this quick, if I can. If you want your tulpa to develop, grow, be active, et cetera, then yes. If your tulpa is in stasis or you have a wonderland that works like mine (essentially, if I'm not there, they aren't doing anything, or we're not talking/forcing, they don't experience the passage of time. They "sleep", if you will), then not necessarily. I had Jira for good while before she went into "stasis", and when she came out she was just as developed, active, and so on. This probably isn't a universal thing, practically nothing on this subject is, but those are my thoughts.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Would you say then that it's plausible that a tulpas ability to survive long periods / indefinitely without attention could have a direct link to the hosts natural memory abilities? Like someone who has a really bad memory and tends to forget things that are not always at the forefront of their mind would find their tulpa fades more quickly than perhaps those who have a very stable and vivid long-term memory?

Interesting that you bring that up, because I actually have a really awful memory, long term and short term. I guess it's due to something else.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

[/align]

I disagree with Upper Class Twit. I'll make this quick, if I can. If you want your tulpa to develop, grow, be active, et cetera, then yes. If your tulpa is in stasis or you have a wonderland that works like mine (essentially, if I'm not there, they aren't doing anything, or we're not talking/forcing, they don't experience the passage of time. They "sleep", if you will), then not necessarily. I had Jira for good while before she went into "stasis", and when she came out she was just as developed, active, and so on. This probably isn't a universal thing, practically nothing on this subject is, but those are my thoughts.

Everything I've experienced, and everything my acquaintances have experienced, contradicts that.

Menzy was in stasis for an entire year, and its nothing more than symbolism. When he came out he needed extra forcing to bring him to sentience.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

Would you say then that it's plausible that a tulpas ability to survive long periods / indefinitely without attention could have a direct link to the hosts natural memory abilities? Like someone who has a really bad memory and tends to forget things that are not always at the forefront of their mind would find their tulpa fades more quickly than perhaps those who have a very stable and vivid long-term memory?

We think that in theory, yes, it's possible. But we can assume that if you have a good relationship with your tulpa, and if you've spent a lot of time creating and forcing, your memories of him/her will be quite clear in any case. Like in general, not everybody can remember a person met once some years ago, but everybody can remember his/her best friend even after years.

If this doesn't happen, maybe the problem is in the relationship, not in the person's memory (except for mental issues, but those are exceptions).

Everything I've experienced, and everything my acquaintances have experienced, contradicts that.

Menzy was in stasis for an entire year, and its nothing more than symbolism. When he came out he needed extra forcing to bring him to sentience.

Of course the necessity of "extra forcing", or getting used to tulpamancy again, depends from person to person. But we think that the very fact that you were able to bring him to sentience again after a year, shows that the quantity of attention is not vital to tulpas.

While I was rushing downward to the lowland,

Before mine eyes did one present himself,

Who seemed from long-continued silence hoarse.

When I beheld him in the desert vast,

“Have pity on me,” unto him I cried,

“Whiche’er thou art, or shade or real man!”

That's true, KHost. Concerning what UCT said, I don't have the same kind of relationship with my tulpas as most people do, I think. We don't talk all the time, and rarely every day. We chat a bit sometimes and hang out for a long time often enough to keep us all happy. It helps me be able to get work done and keep that stress off my mind, and it lets them just kind of do their own thing.

I guess you could think about stasis as a coma (as an idea, not including comas from trauma or severely detrimental damage). The person is still the same and has all their memories when they wake up, mostly. If not, some therapy (comparable to forcing after stasis to get progress back) is usually done.

[/align]