An Alternative to IRC Chat

Guest ThunderClap

Guest ThunderClap

Hello! I figured this would be a good alternative to IRC chat because you can use it inside your browser and it is easy to use and very powerful. I do not know much about computers, but I thought I should just leave this here if you could get it working. You can read about it on the website. Please excuse me if I am incorrect about anything, like I said, I am not a computer guy, I just figured this would be a cool thing to try out.

https://blueimp.net/ajax/

Edit: This can be integrated with MyBB. So if you have an account on the forums, your account can be used on this chat, if I am not mistaken.

Guest ThunderClap

I know. I am only suggesting this because you can do more things with this than you can with the IRC.

Guest Albatross_

You have to understand that the IRC is not Tulpa.info's IRC. It was created back when the tulpa community was still on /x/, and many (if not the majority) of the users there do not visit Tulpa.info. Most of them hail from 4chan. The webIRC is just there to provide easy access to the already existing IRCs.

You have to understand that the IRC is not Tulpa.info's IRC.

no one implied that it was. the webIRC gives easy access to #

shitpost

, not the forums channel.

the people who go on any of the other channels are usually in #tulpa anyway, there just happens to be a lot of people who probably forgot to take #tulpa off their auto-join list.

Guest Albatross_

Mordred, I was simply explaining why the AJAX webchat would not serve the same purpose as the webIRC.

I was not suggesting that you didn't know the origins of the IRC channel.

Guest ThunderClap

My bad, I assumed wrong. I personally just do not like the AJAX interface. Looks ugly as hell.

I am pretty sure there are themes you can pick from to change the look of it.

IRC is just overall more useful. It runs on pretty much anything, via applets, html, or programs - anyone can use it, in the way that they prefer. This seems unnecessarily limiting.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Pidgin.

Also, your signature quote is insanely original, ThunderClap. I can't help myself from pointing this out.