Question about tulpas and religion

Ok, so, I'm Christian, specifically Catholic. I don't think any of my tulpas really identify as any religion, though (which I guess makes them agnostic?). At any rate, if anyone else here is religious, I was wondering what your thoughts were about your tulpas in regards to religion. Like, do you think that tulpas have a soul? Or are they a part of your own soul? If you were to die, and go to heaven or hell, would your tulpas go wherever you went? Or would they go down their own path, independent of you? Would all your actions be judged together as one entity? Or would they simply not exist at all in the afterlife?

I'm curious as to what other people's opinions are on this. I personally really don't know at all.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

If they don't subscribe to any religion, they are atheists, but probably agnostic atheists, yes. If they were gnostic atheists you would probably know.

I'm an atheist myself so I don't want to clog up the thread with my views, since that wasn't the intent. I did make a thread similar to this a while back, and there were some helpful responses. I don't have the link on me at the moment, though.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I could expect any question but that one.

I think that there is god, question is what one? There are too many possibilities. Tulpas, I think, have religion based on the background. Race, place they are from... All matters.

My tulpa, at least I think so, follows my philosophy.

Remember, you never know what is around the corner until you look there.

And may the fears keep away from you.

Guest amber5885

I'm not religious but I know there is a god with everything that's happened to me or at least there's someone or something out there watching my back.

Toby is agnostic.

He goes where I go since we are connected but again everything as far as the matters of religion, faith, god and spirituality are up for debate. Since none of it can be disproven or proven we don't really know.

One thing Toby and I do agree on is being a good person and living your life in a way that benifits everyone.

I will admit, I have never been religious, and do not really believe in some higher power that controls all of us. I think that god is what people perceive them to be. They do not actually exist, but people's belief that there is another being watching over them gives that belief power, even if there is nothing actually there. It is hard to explain, but that belief influences people to behave differently. I would be prepared to believe otherwise if a god appeared in front of me and smote me with a thunderbolt. I also kind of believe/hope there is an afterlife, god or no god. I believe that if there was one then the tulpa and host would stay together, as you are both part of the same mind, no? Unless (recalling my religious education lessons) you are all added to a pool of people and become part of god, which I think would be pretty horrible, as you would lose all individuality etc. I have no idea about souls yet though. I don't intend any offense by this, as religion is naturally a very touchy subject.

Those are our thoughts on this anyhow, and I think Saphira thinks very similarly to me.

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

I was wondering what your thoughts were about your tulpas in regards to religion. Like, do you think that tulpas have a soul? Or are they a part of your own soul? If you were to die, and go to heaven or hell, would your tulpas go wherever you went? Or would they go down their own path, independent of you? Would all your actions be judged together as one entity? Or would they simply not exist at all in the afterlife?

The word tulpa originated from a practice of intense meditation in Tibetan Buddhism, which meant that tulpa as it originally applies, fit in with the Buddhist view of how the world operates.

While you pose the question to religious people, there are many religions, many worldviews outside of religion, and many differing worldviews within the lineages of what can be considered a single religion...as applies to the questions that you ask.

Your definition of soul might be different than mine, ideas of the afterlife, and so on. I consider mythologies as a way that our psyches can process our relationship to the world and ourlseves, and tulpas as result of that same process. My answers from a religious standpoint might be strange because they don't quite fit your questions.

I realize that lots of people have lots of different beliefs and that we're probably not all on the same page about everything. And I wasn't asking for definite answers, either - I know there really aren't any definite answers to give. I was just curious about people's opinions on the subject.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

I don't believe in an "existing" God, but God as the perfect collective consciousness of everything. Put simply, I believe that everything in existence is a piece of God, and even though things seem good or bad from our perspective, everything is also perfect.

My tulpas' thinking and beliefs are all very much logic based, but they've better access to my subconscious than I do, which is where their thoughts come from. They have some base beliefs that should prove to be true no matter what, because they're rooted in our perspective of reality, not attempting to know anything outside of us. Put simply again - my tulpas believe they're a very advanced set of thoughts in my brain, but also that the essence of love and togetherness we feel is real. They believe we'll be together when I die just as two lovers would, in whatever afterlife you believe in.

Explaining past that seems a bit off topic, but basically my tulpas believe what makes the most sense to believe in. That entails a mixture of logic and positive un-provable beliefs, designed to make the best possible experience while we live life.

Sorry if that was a bit complicated.

I've put a lot of thought into these things, it was very hard to write it so watered-down concisely. No one wants a textwall on my spiritual beliefs though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks, Linkzelda.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]