Alexavier

Is it possible to adopt a Tulpa?

My friend had recently gave up on his Tulpa, which really bothers me, since he's basically letting her die. and I wanted to know if there was a way he could transfer her into my brain before she complete fades. Is that possible to do? Or is it completely hopeless for Stephanie (his Tulpa).

Reality is a story the mind tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic firings. A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence. And our mind can lie. Never doubt it...

Why does it bother you? Ideas die all the time. Characters' lives don't get published. Dreams of songs get forgotten.

If your idea of Stephanie is something that you want to keep alive, then I think it's possible, but it's going to be your Stephanie and not his. If your Stephanie insists that she's the same Stephanie, then that would be interesting and cool, but then just meet me over at the metaphysics board. ;)

Faemon explained well, I think it's just how YOU see it. After all, tulpae are just products of the mind, so it wouldn't be impossible.

~Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore~

Depending on how much the tulpa was developed...kind of. If it wasn't sentient or developed much, you could create a tulpa with the same form and go for the same personality the other guy was aiming for. The problem with that is that it might be confusing and problematic for the tulpa to try and understand and deal with. Of course, the wouldn't have any actual memories of your friend past what you've told them, unless you have some sci-go tech nobody knows about. Otherwise, no. You can't transfer a developed or sentient tulpa, and really not any tulpa, to someone else's mind.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Why does it bother you? Ideas die all the time. Characters' lives don't get published. Dreams of songs get forgotten.

If your idea of Stephanie is something that you want to keep alive, then I think it's possible, but it's going to be your Stephanie and not his. If your Stephanie insists that she's the same Stephanie, then that would be interesting and cool, but then just meet me over at the metaphysics board. ;)

I just felt bad for her and that it was unfair for her, since she doesn't get to be fully developed the way she was suppose to. I now know that I can't "save" the original Stephanie, I just wanted there to be a way to save her since she, like all Tulpas, are true living entity, like us. But I kinda understand my friends reasons for doing so, Its just me having wishful thinking :P And maybe In the future I will create a tulpa similar or identical to Stephanie, though, that may not be for a while since I like to develop one Tulpa at a time. c: Also, thanks for the reply!

Reality is a story the mind tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic firings. A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence. And our mind can lie. Never doubt it...