Tulpa Language and Communication?

Faemon

So, before getting comfortable with calling my incorporeal buddies Tulpas (because cultural appropriation of or unnecessary yet inevitable confusion with Buddhist mystical blah, and the English plural bothers me just as much as the Latin plural blah blah, and weighing similar experiences versus adopting the interpretation of the experience and method by which aforementioned blah blah blah...) I had a few, well...incorporeal buddies.

Most of them were, I felt, sentient and had enough of a life of their own...but it wasn't until this latest one that I ever heard words, and even then not that often.

As you can tell by my nitpicking above, I'm awfully precious about Words Mean Things, down to etymology and all.

I did frequently communicate with my tulpas, though. I'd give a long speech, partially vibed out and partially spoken (into Wonderland, natch, imagining myself talking) so that I could clarify in myself what I was vibing out. And, likewise, they'd give back vibes: like when a corporeal person gives a slow blink with their jaw set and you just know the words that would accompany that look are "You blithering idiot." Or you can translate that into, "I'm not here for this! I am 1000% done with you!" Somewhere in between is that vibe.

And it's vibes that I caught from my tulpas that didn't have facial features and couldn't express themselves in facial features way.

This new one actually has a face and body language, but language-language is still conveyed sparingly.

So now, sometimes, when I'm writing in my journal, I let my tulpa weigh in and I feel like I'm taking diction except that of course that nothing is actually being said as in sounds coming into my ears and fitting into vocabulary nets of neurons in my brain.

It's just me translating the vibes into words.

And some translations of vibes are better than others, I think, but they're still very very rarely voices, accents, forming English words. They're still only just vibes for the most part.

I get kind of startled and a little nervous, even, when I hear tulpa words as real actual words. It's like a high-functioning part of consciousness that part of me believed that I should keep "mine" although I'm also open to relaxing about this hangup.

How clearly can you communicate with your tulpa? Or how does your tulpa communicate with you?

It's getting better. When I first started, I would often times sense a movement in my mind's eye, and even though it wasn't clearly visible, there was an overwhelming sense of intent. I would simply know what it was my tulpas were trying to tell me without them using actual words. (To be fair, these were mostly one word responses, and not full sentences.)

Now my tulpas are capable of responding in English via mindvoice, and they are doing so more and more often. I have noticed that I almost always sub-vocalize their responses, yet I seldom do so with my own thoughts or mindvoice. Curious, that.

They do not often give a response unsolicited, and unless I'm properly actively forcing, responses tend to be short, not more than one or two sentences. Our next goal is to have them responding or initiating conversation as a corporeal human might. When I eclipse with them, I've observed a definite improvement in my ability to hear them, as well as in the length of their replies.

My girls are usually pretty good about speaking up on their own when something's bothering them or when they just want to talk, but they didn't always speak English. They used to primarily communicate through mentalese (or if you prefer, by the exchange of ideas rather than words). It's worth noting that they're older than a lot of tulpas on the site though, even my youngest is two and a half years old and she's pretty well-developed.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Pinky, Sunray and Ex all communicate pretty well through mindvoice. I don't think it's ever really hard to "hear" them, in that regard. Sunray, though, rarely speaks unless spoken to, but I think that's just her personality. She's quiet and shy but also very caring, so she'll often speak up for herself if she sees that I'm in a bad emotional state and wants to help.

Pinky and Ex, meanwhile, tend to voice their thoughts on just about anything. ...All the time. I could be doing anything and one of these two will jump in with their snarky and/or witty banter. It's just how they are. XD

Kael, meanwhile, doesn't talk nearly as much, but that's probably just because he's the youngest and not very well developed. Often times even when I speak to him directly, it's hard to get a spoken response out of him. He is, however, much more likely to respond with body language, as I can usually quite clearly see him in my mind's eye. (And this mind's eye thing accompanies all my other tulpas' vocal responses, as well, so that I can see their body language, too.) We're starting to think that maybe Kael also has a more quiet personality, though, sort of like Sunray, though his young age is also probably at least part of the reason why we can so rarely "hear" him.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Now, this is the problem that has got me a bit stuck in the past: communication. I mean, we are getting better. Recently we have made quite a lot of progress, until a couple of days ago I wasn't feeling so good, and my concentration went... Anyway, It's very hard to describe. Sometimes Saphira is easier to hear, and sometimes not. It's hard to make out individual words sometimes. I don't think it's her fault, but almost entirely mine. I think it's more of an issue with my mental "hearing". I've tried several methods, with limited success. She usually says longer sentences, which the longer the sentence, the harder it usually is to make out. She still gives me head pressures too if she can't get her opinion across. From what I have made out she has made some pretty funny jokes that have often resulted in me grinning like an idiot and making "tsk, tsk" sounds while gaining odd looks. :D We're getting there, slowly but surely. I just sometimes get a bit lost on what to do. I feel that this is the main barrier. Once we get this sorted, the sky is the limit. We will get there.

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"