An App for Tulpamancers

dandbear

So, this idea just popped in my head recently: why not make an app to assist tulpamancers in their various creations? I'm talking about an app to help initially develop the tulpa, allowing the user to upload photos, record characteristics, and change them as need be. The same could be done for wonderlands/paracosms, and could help those with multiple creations keep track of them all. Tips, guides, etc. etc. could be an outstanding feature as well.

This may be of more benefit to newcomers rather than those more experienced, but still a good idea nonetheless.

(((Also, a thought: one could look at all of the things he/she has recorded on the app and force/meditate/visualize on them. For instance, say a location in a certain paracosm is a forest--

>Paracosm

>>Forest

>>>Picture

>>>Picture

>>>Details

>>>Notes

While browsing this screen, one could focus on all the information logged and go there mentally, making tulpamancing in public 10000000x easier and efficient. I do this similarly with a notepad myself and can assure you it is extremely helpful.)))

What do you think?

[align=center]"What is real? How do you define ‘real’?

If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell,

what you can taste and see, then 'real’ is simply electrical signals

interpreted by your brain."

- Morpheus, from The Matrix[/align]

[align=center]Proud host to Ivan, Mabel, Landon, and Pierre.

[/align]

If you want to make an app then make one. Lots of people have said they are going to but no one has actually made one, so you probably won't either. Do you know java or swift/objective-c to make an app? Can you purchase a developer's license for your platform? If not, give up. No one is going to make your app for you.

I wasn't asking anyone to. I was just asking for input, actually. And I'm capable of producing one-- like I said, just wondering if it's a good idea or not. No set in stone intentions of making one at the moment.

[align=center]"What is real? How do you define ‘real’?

If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell,

what you can taste and see, then 'real’ is simply electrical signals

interpreted by your brain."

- Morpheus, from The Matrix[/align]

[align=center]Proud host to Ivan, Mabel, Landon, and Pierre.

[/align]

I was considering that too. On my opinion, the App as a tool should not replace the main goal(s). So, I would keep it simple to the bones.

What we need most in the beginning? - Reminder, passive forcing during the day (and dreams?)

So if you can make an App it'll lbe great!

Use case scenarios:

1. Post Reminder/notification on a fixed or random time intervals. (exponentially distributed)

2. Get simple feed back for: "Did you narrate to your Tulpa?", "Did you undertake some activity together?", "Did you hugged/send good feelings?", "Did you got some reaction/feedback from your Tulpa?"

3. Collect and Diplay statistics from 2.

Details on the requirements:

1. Notification could use provided picture of Tulpa or associated sound. Randomly distributed notifications intervals are better as one doesn't get accustomed.

2. The App-UI for feed-back needs only 4 big buttons. This should make it easy to use during the daily activities.

3. Statistics motivates us. (psychology of a Game-mechanics )When we can see our success and eventually points getting better we feel motivated. App should collect also the reaction times. It means if one skips to react on notification. Statistics should be displayed only at the end of the day. This is to escape from unnecessery meddling with mobile (and not with your sweetheart Tulpa)

4. Integration with wearables, androd or Peble-watch interface should be best. (Rel 2?) (iwatch or what ever)

I'll be really happy if you like the idea. (The main part is: keep it simple and concentrate on the important and the added value of having device) Unfortunately I myself am too busy right now to code myself, but once more I'll be happy if you realize it (shouldn't be complicated)

By the way I suppose coding with your tulpa could be fun.

Perhaps your Tulpa likes it and is better then you ;-)

3. Statistics motivates us. (psychology of a Game-mechanics )When we can see our success and eventually points getting better we feel motivated. App should collect also the reaction times. It means if one skips to react on notification. Statistics should be displayed only at the end of the day. This is to escape from unnecessery meddling with mobile (and not with your sweetheart Tulpa)

I suggest including something like Marks' Questionnaire. That way users can test themselves on how well they can visualize at different times. They can see if they visualize better immediately after waking up, or before going to sleep, or after a game of chess, or after drawing, or after reading a book, and they can chart their progress over time to see visualization improves.

I'd also like to see a viewer for these forums. Maybe a button that takes you to your own PR, and another button that takes you to guides.

Also, I think it would be cool to have the option to hide the app. That way people like myself who will always be "in the closet" about tulpas don't have to worry about being outed. One of my apps is only openable from the dialer, where you dial a certain number, then push ##, then the call button.

Actually literally hiding the app might be difficult, so the other alternative is to disguise it. Make it look like a normal calculator, until you enter a particular code (determined by the user) followed by ===. Or disguise it as an alarm clock (with a button you can hold down to take you to a PIN screen) or another kind of app nearly everyone has. Hide It Pro disguises itself as an audio manager.

I'd also like to see an option for hiding images and audio. Fenchurch has the form of a woman, and if my girlfriend ever finds the recordings I use for forcing her voice, or the pictures I use for forcing her form, she'll think I'm cheating on her.

Hide It Pro hides files by changing the name and extension, and putting them in a hidden folder inside a system folder. People who know what they're looking for can find it easily.

I think a better way to hide files is steganography. Basically lots of file types have a byte that tells programs that the file ends there. You can put whatever you want after that byte, and almost no programs will be able to see it. Using this method, pictures of a tulpa could be hidden in desktop backgrounds and ringtones, or other images and sound files.

But that's just me going crazy with ideas. I could totally understand you not having the time or ability to implement these.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• 2 months later...

I've made an App for Android - to send reminders on random time and eventually to track general Tulpa activities and mood. . My Tulpa likes me writing this. She thinks it's good for me to write it. Not that the App somehow is more then a supplement to the real work. Memory crutch of sort. Narrating, visualizing or (mind) picture of your Tulpa friend is your work. Actually isn't it the best time when you are together?

So, when you buy a crutch consider you need it. That's why it costs :-( sure I'll do my best to improve it.

"My Tulpa" is the App called.

• 2 months later...

Way under rated post, I have the app downloaded and its use full as hell. A place to post a tulpa portrait for reference would be excellent though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It's kind of convenient that this thread was bumped, since it brings to mind some of the tools I use on my phone for thought folk related stuff, and since I liked sharing things, this seems like a good place to talk about them. There are actually some very useful tools around that, while not directly related to tulpa making, is very useful for the exercise.

Character Story Planner: This is a program that acts as a writer's personal character database, not only allowing the use of images, but having a bunch of fields, so many that I'm sure you're bound to run in to one that you would not have even thought of. This one is obviously useful for tup making, as it allows you to have a simple, well set up profile for your buddy. This is especially useful if you're like me and have more than a few to look after.

Another Program I like using is Nice Simple Photo Widget , since it has a slideshow feature on the widget itself. So, if you have a bunch of pictures that are of your tup, or at least remind you of your tup, you can load this program up and always have a nice reminder just a swipe away. I also use StyleNote to have little reminders around on my phone, but you can use any "post-it" like app for stuff like this.

And of course, the most useful record keeping and reminder tools are the every present Text Editors and in-built Alarms. None of the mentioned tools are tulpa specific, but they surely are enough to make your phone in to a powerful assistant for your development work. There's also stuff like brain entertainment software on the Play Story if you get use out of it, I know I do.

Peace

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace