Genius Tulpas

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amber5885

Be a genius. Your tulpa can't surpass you in intelligence as they only have your mind to work off of. They can come up with differing ideas, tastes and opinions but they can't know say the inner workings of the human body if you don't know anything about biology.

Could you define that a bit more?

Theoretically, a tupper can, if you give him or her the permission to do so, take information from your subconscious. With some training that should work pretty well. Ever seen the movie "Limitless"? The part where he helps that girl with her exam or whatever, that was the power of his subconscious. That (the permission) together with some mnemonics could help not only your tupper, but also you to become more intelligent. (And if I may say that, I guess that an alternative wonderland could help; a memory palace, look it up, good stuff.)

With best wishes for you and your tupper,

Maru.

Guest amber5885

1) limitless was a movie.

2) you subconcious is still your own mind and your tulpa is stuck within those bounds. If you are average intelligence your tulpa is average intelligence. If you are a genius then your tulpa is a genius but you can't just "poof! Genius tulpa" it doesn't work that way.

Toby: for the record I've been around for 23 years and as far as accessing the subconcious mind.....it's not this vast portal of information like you think it is. Mostly what's stored there are memories and memories of what you learned in school may or may not have been there.

It would be possible for me to sift through them and maybe better understand a subject to help my host but I can't just pull information out of this air. I could only really help her to better comprehend what she already knows.

No offense to her but there is no chance in hell I could be a genius because she isn't. There's a world of information that neither of us know. Now we could make an effort to learn new things together and I could offer a better perspective for her but that's as far as it goes.

Also dude don't belive what you see in movies if that shit was even close to possible I would be straight up drop dead Fred but it's not so I'm not.

I know that it was a movie. "Ever seen the movie "Limitless"?". The plot has nothing to do with tuppers, and I know that there isn't a drug that can boost intelligence. That was just meant to be a comparison. And I'm also aware that a tupper can't go beyond ones own borders, but still, I think even the permission to enter the hosts subconscious can really help. And I'm not as naive as you maybe think, that's why I posted the second part with mnemonics.

-Maru^^

I haven't seen Limitless, but I do notice that it's mentioned here. Basically, like many other stories, the film is based off the idea that humans only use a fraction of our brains. Although commonly believed, it's not true -- humans use almost all of our brains.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I don't really believe in the 10 (or in that case 20) percent myth, although the theories about its origin are interesting. I just think that some parts of the brain don't work too well with others. Nah, that sounded kinda wrong... Like, very creative people use the right side of their brain more, and very analytical people the left side. (I think it was this way around, if not feel free to correct me.) If one would use both sides equally however, it would increase, if not the intelligence, then at least the memory. And I think tuppers are able to have some influence on that. Even just the creation part. So if one would use the capability of memorizing things as a definition for intelligence (and way too much people do so, I guess), then a tupper would be able to make a person smarter, to let it use more parts of the brain equally efficient. So yeah, that was what I meant. If a tupper makes it host smarter, then it also increases his/her own intelligence.

Hope what I said makes sense,

Maru.

Midnight's probably less interested in technicality's and more in the power tulpas have over your mind that you don't (easily) have yourself. Like, the memory scavenging (never worked for me, but I think Amber herself has experienced that), and the easier access to the subconscious. Not quite a vast wealth of information no, but my tulpas have proven many times over that they can think "outside the box" fairly instantaneously whereas I would have to meditate or etc. to do so myself.

That last one, working similarly to intuition in my experience, shows a lot of potential. I can ask my subconscious-interface/tulpa Sylvia pretty much any question and get a very informative answer, that was within my ability to answer yet I could not myself. She and my other tulpas can do this without fail, with only a second's notice. I can ask them anything that's perplexing me and get an answer I can work with. And I consider honing that skill a step in the right direction for making a "genius" tulpa, or at least a very smart and useful one.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

A genius is someone with an IQ of 150. Ever looked at questions from an IQ test? It's all figuring out numbers in your head, and seeing how fast you can reach your conclusions. I don't know this for certain, but I've read that many tulpa are fantastic at math (even if they don't like it). If that's true then one can argue that all tulpa are geniuses.

James: Hello, all!

Some or many, but not all.

Also they aren't necessarily limited to what you're able to do. They can tap into some abilities your brain might have but you can't / don't know how to use. Or like anyone they can train and develop a skill, which might be, but is not necessarily shared with you.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)