My story (and hopefully hers)

Countoonce

Hello,

My name is Count, I am a 16 year old male, and I started a tulpa yesterday. It seems like it will be a wonderful adventure, so I'm going to post my experiences here.

I do not know if it is a common approach or not, but I did not plan my tulpa out at all. Honestly, I don't want to plan her out. It seems kinda strange to be crafting a personality, at least for me. The only thing I knew going in is that she would be a she, and that she would be around my age.

And so I started talking to her, parroting, if you will. At first she had no personality, and it was really hard for me to parrot her. The conversations were really forced, as you would expect. But at somewhere near the 30 minute mark, she started to develop a personality on her own (I guess). I would best describe it as a mix between Holo from Spice and Wolf and myself. She has the "holier-than-thou" way of speaking, teases me a lot, and puts on the front of being a tsundere. I will not go into too much depth on her personality, but it is very rich and distinct, as I'm sure anyone who has watched Spice and Wolf understands. Over time, it started to feel less like direct parroting and more like talking to someone. I'm not quite sure how I should describe this - thoughts bubble up from my unconscious that are either for her or for me, and they have different flavors, if you will. Often times, her side of the conversation is smoother than mine is. All of this would lead me to believe that things are going really well, but I'm not sure how far I can get with this parroting technique.

For instance, both sides of the conversation are in my mindvoice. I take this to mean that my subconcious is generating different 'flavor' thoughts for her personality and mine, but my conscious mind still has to translate them all into mindvoice. This means that while our thoughts have this difference, they are all being controlled by me in the end.

That is basically my story so far. I have done this practice for probably 3 hours in total at this point. I'd like to ask you guys for some help here (any would be appreciated) on the topic of where to go from here. Many guides seem to suggest personality creation straight into form creation and then keep doing it until the tulpa can speak for itself, but I would rather get her to speak before giving her a name and form. Do you think this is wise? What should I do during forcing sessions? I have the feeling that this parroting thing will only get me so far, as I am kind of a crutch for her in the speaking department that way.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for making this PR into an advice thing. Hopefully that's ok/there are people willing to offer advice.

See you when something new happens!

Count

I'd say give her a name first so that she'll at least have an identity that you can address her by when you talk to her. Not sure exactly when you should start on the form though, but you could use a misty cloud or an orb as a placeholder and let her choose her own form later on.

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My name is Count, I am a 16 year old male, and I started a tulpa yesterday. It seems like it will be a wonderful adventure, so I'm going to post my experiences here.

Hello.

It is a wonderful adventure, but not one for the faint of heart. My tulpa adventure changed my life and pulled me through my darkest times. Now I'm going to start making a second tulpa to spice up the adventure!

I do not know if it is a common approach or not, but I did not plan my tulpa out at all. Honestly, I don't want to plan her out. It seems kinda strange to be crafting a personality, at least for me. The only thing I knew going in is that she would be a she, and that she would be around my age.

That's basically exactly what I did lol and I'm glad I did so because my tulpa is still unpredictable to this day.

That is basically my story so far. I have done this practice for probably 3 hours in total at this point. I'd like to ask you guys for some help here (any would be appreciated) on the topic of where to go from here.

I did 75% of my tulpaforcing in my wonderland. It makes the tulpa more realistic, and gives you an image to speak to rather than a thought. You don't need good visualization skills to force in the wonderland. In fact, mine were quite poor--I only saw the darkness behind my eyelids at first.

Parroting will probably establish a framework for the personality, but I believe your next step should be to simply spend quality time with your tulpa in the wonderland, and believe with all of your heart that they are listening to every single word you say to them. That will make them feel loved more than you could possibly imagine.

Many guides seem to suggest personality creation straight into form creation and then keep doing it until the tulpa can speak for itself, but I would rather get her to speak before giving her a name and form. Do you think this is wise?

This is why I hate guides. In reality guides are meant to guide not suggest. Reading all of the 'guides' just overwhelms new tulpa creators with information that is necessary but not essential.

Anything that you personally do to design or improve your tulpa is a wise thing to do, so don't doubt yourself. Talking to your tulpa will develop its sentience, and as a result they'll speak for themselves and a personality will follow. In psychology personalities are theorized as being byproducts of experience, but they are also being attributed to certain genes. Since genetics play possibly very little to no role in the personality of tulpas, the memories you form with your tulpa (and your own memories) will build her personality.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for making this PR into an advice thing. Hopefully that's ok/there are people willing to offer advice.

It's okay if you make your PR into an advice thing. That is one of the primary reasons for having a PR :)

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema