Switching without the Tulpa?

Neon_Spark

I have a theoretical idea for a new way to tulpaforce. What if someone were to skip ahead and work on switching before anything else? I know such a thing has been done without tulpae, (Out-of-body experience) but could this be used to develop a tulpa much faster and, possibly, be used to tell if a tulpa is sentient?

Now I don't know if a tulpa can tell if another tulpa is sentient or not unless the get a response like the host but if that is the case, then this could be used for learning if a tulpa is sentient or not early since when you switch you basically become a tulpa.

If not the early sentience detection or faster development times, then at least it would allow more fun with the tulpa since you would actually be in the wonderland. It could also help people with a short attention span. (It's hard not to be distracted by the world around you since you're always there.)

Could this be possible? If so, then why has nobody mentioned it before?

EDIT: I understand the challenge of switching, (This is why switching is one of the last "end game" things to do) but I just want to know if it could be done. FOR SCIENCE!

Tulpae

Neon(Anthro): Working on... Something...

Guest amber5885

If you don't have a tulpa what are you going to switch with? Switching requires a concious effort from both parties that's what makes it so difficult because it's not just you, your tulpa has to work at it to.

I don't think you can switch with nothing.

I don't think you can switch with nothing.

The term "Out-of-body experience" comes to mind. It's a similar concept, if not almost the same. You can leave your body, with or without a tulpa, and explore, free of physical constraints. The only difference would be that you would go into your wonderland with your tulpa (in development or "complete") or something similar.

Tulpae

Guest amber5885

I think it could in theory work but it seems like it might be harder then just simple forcing. But I don't see why trying it and comparing progress for like a week compared to traditional forcing just to see what happens would be a bad thing.

I don't see why it won't work, but I don't see why it would work better. Maybe an experiment is in order here.

I think what you're talking about sounds more like astral projection which is a conciouse out of body experiance and VERY hard to do. It takes a great deal of concentration to do it.

Another side note as far as astral projection goes its commonly know that the practice is EXTREAMLY dangerous. You're basically leaving yourself open for bad energy and it's a very draining practice and it does take quite a while to be able to learn,

It honestly seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I don't see why it won't work, but I don't see why it would work better. Maybe an experiment is in order here.

I would try it myself but I'm working on my tulpa, so I'm a bit preoccupied. That and I wouldn't know the first thing on switching or whatever were calling this. Switch-forcing? That sound dumb but it's a good placeholder name...

Another side note as far as astral projection goes its commonly know that the practice is EXTREAMLY dangerous. You're basically leaving yourself open for bad energy and it's a very draining practice and it does take quite a while to be able to learn,

I didn't say anything about actual astral projection, I said it's a SIMILAR concept. Also if we have to use astral projection to actual do this then we should move this topic to the metaphysics board...

Tulpae

Guest amber5885

What you're talking about is called astral projection. You force an out of body experiance through meditation and you can free wonder through this world or travel to other worlds.

I've never done it but I know peoPle who have said they did. I tried once and by the time I managed anything I was so tired I straight up passed out for like four hours.

@Neon,

Yeah, but the thing is, your body is pretty much left dormant during the presumed OBEs, or just vivid WILDs in a lucid dream where you actively waited for drifting into a REM cycle to enter a lucid dreaming state. And if we imagine how the body would naturally have bodily processes, and mental mechanisms to keep your body from moving, even if you shifted your awareness elsewhere, in theory, if you have no one to reference to take dominion over your body, your physical body is just a shell, metaphorically speaking.

And even if you put yourself in circumstances of having a tulpa while attempting said OBEs, or just vivid WILDs for those less metaphysically open-minded, I would presume the host and tulpa have to be proficient with their body and mind to the point where their mind isn’t going to be predisposed to lock most of one’s motor movement to prevent themselves from moving while they’re dreaming, or having those sensations people attribute as OBEs.

Never have I heard in context of OBEs and lucid dreaming where someone was able to actively be aware of their dreaming body, and see their real life body move at the same time. If that was ever the case, then that would be one amazing individual that can tap into dualistic processes with their body and mind. Now, if we go with the theory of switching, and shifting awareness somewhere else, we may be able to be in a wonderland, or a state of awareness where it could be akin to dreaming (e.g. non-lucid or lucid). But then we have to consider how the brain mentally prepares itself for those circumstances.

An analogue to emphasize on this is something like the delta waves; if there’s a general association of loss of body awareness, and deep sleep with that specific frequency while the body is moving at the same time, wouldn’t that mean the brain would alter back into a brain wave state akin to being more awake, active, busy, and things of that nature? To accomplish something like that with nothing to refer to would imply the individual can, yet again, dualistically have two modes of brain waves active at the same time. I would imagine that would be mentally taxing on the brain, even if we did have a tulpa in the equation, though I could see that being something likely with overarching practice over time though.

But even with switching with a tulpa, I would presume the host that shifts their awareness would be in a state akin to dream-esque states of being, but the difference is it being an “esque” type of thing, and not the genuine real state where the physical body is mostly dormant while the mental aspect of yourself is either active, or dormant with an ebb and flow type of awareness of their dreams. So maybe switching, in theory, could be where the host shifts awareness to imaginary sensations and virtual experiential realities in their heads within brainwave states that could help promote that (e.g. alpha waves), while the tulpa takes dominion over the body to get the sense of real sensations going on.

It’s like being at a borderline between, for example, Alpha and Beta waves, or even Alpha and Theta waves, but not really being at a consistent brain state for a long period of time; it may just be going up and down like I mentioned before. Of course, this is all a bunch of ad hoc claims contingent on theorizing brain wave states and things of that nature.

I have moved this to General Discussion, as this is more discussion material.

As Amber said, "switching" without a tulpa can't be done, as there is no one you would be switching with. However, switching is comprised of two distinct parts: dissociation, and possession. Switching without the tulpa possessing wouldn't really be like switching, but you can still dissociate, and enter the "tulpa-like state" that people talk about.

With that, your mind senses would surely be more vivid, so it may aid forcing, in ways. I have no idea if you would be able to determine a tulpa's sentience better, or anything like that, as I've never done it. However, complete physical dissociation is very difficult, and you would almost definitely be better off spending that time forcing your tulpa. You would surely see results more quickly.

Though if you wanted to pick up dissociation as a side project alongside your forcing, then it couldn't hurt, so long as you have the time.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Wall of text

Ok, I struggled to understand you just then. Can you put that in a simpler, tl;dr kind of way? Please?

As Amber said, "switching" without a tulpa can't be done, as there is no one you would be switching with. However, switching is comprised of two distinct parts: dissociation, and possession. Switching without the tulpa possessing wouldn't really be like switching, but you can still dissociate, and enter the "tulpa-like state" that people talk about.

With that, your mind senses would surely be more vivid, so it may aid forcing, in ways. I have no idea if you would be able to determine a tulpa's sentience better, or anything like that, as I've never done it. However, complete physical dissociation is very difficult, and you would almost definitely be better off spending that time forcing your tulpa. You would surely see results more quickly.

Though if you wanted to pick up dissociation as a side project alongside your forcing, then it couldn't hurt, so long as you have the time.

How do you even do physical dissociation? I assume it's the same way with normal switching but without the switching bit. But if not then how would someone do that?

Tulpae

Ok, I struggled to understand you just then. Can you put that in a simpler, tl;dr kind of way? Please?

Usually walls of text have no paragraphs or spacing, but I won't bother to correct your misuse of the word.

You say the OBEs are similar to the theory behind switching with tulpas, but the experiences seem to be as different as night and day. For OBEs, or just something like a WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream), your brain would technically be prone to lock most of your motor functions so you don’t act out physically of what you’re dreaming in your head.

So if you feel you can “switch” and have your body move at the same time without some frame of reference, like a tulpa for instance, it’s not really consistent with the term of switching in the first place; you’re just shifting awareness, but without someone to take dominion over experiencing sensations within your body.

And with how the brain alters through all kinds of states throughout the day, if you wanted to have your body in some kind of deep sleep while you shift into a dream state, and then have your tulpa switch to your body without your body snapping back to a brain state for being alert and awake, wouldn’t that disrupt how you’re experiencing things in the dream state? So something that may be ideal is being in a state where you can be alert and awake, but at the same time aware of things going on in your imagination to get a dream-esque type of feeling, or feelings akin to dreaming.

So for the question on using OBEs to switch with nothing to reference from, it becomes moot at this point since it's ambiguous associations to feel it ties in with switching with tulpas in general. Just know that if you're going to be offering theoretical ideas on something like this, people will be trying to describe a bit more, especially if it's taking about senses; something where there's a lot of subjectivity to get the gist of it.

TL;DR: If you want to switch into a state that's akin to dream like qualities, or tulpa-like states of being, then in theory, someone is going to have to actively move the body around while you're doing that. If you have nothing to refer to, the theoretical idea becomes rubbish, and isn't even sequential with the definition of switching in general. If you want to pry into more ways of how you can do something that can't even sequentially follow itself in theory, it's probably the reason nobody, or rarely anyone mentions it at all.