Okay, last title change, I promise

Akinkinit

Well then...

Haven't felt like updating this in a while. Yeah, there was some lack of motivation involved, and that has caused me not to pay as much attention to the head ghosts as we all would like. But there has not been a single day where I don't talk to one or both of them. I don't either one would permit me to do so even if I didn't feel like it or remember to. So that's good. But thinking about it recently made me realize that writing stuff down about the head ghosts makes me pay more attention to them, even if there really hasn't been any significant progress. And it's not like it even takes that much time out of the day.

So yeah.

Noriko is still flat out against any sort of possession due to it having some sort of adverse effect on the machine she considers my inner mind to be. Imposition would be nice, but considering I have no issues seeing or feeling both of them when the urge arises makes the process of learning imposition seem unnecessary. Plus it seems to require some work on Noriko's and Sabari's part, and well, a lazy host begets lazy tulpas. In fact just let me say for all the differences there are between the three of us, there are certainly some traits we all share, both positive and negative. Which is really unavoidable and not really a bad thing.

Sabari is perfectly capable of taking as much as Noriko but prefers not to. She still likes wearing looser fitting things like sweatpants and a T-shirt, but will occasionally rock some tighter fitting stuff for the same reasons any woman would wear such things. Noriko still dresses, let's say, minimally. She will wear more conservative things if we're in public, "because I could at least show some goddamn common courtesy". And she still has the language of a sailor as you can see.

One of the main things we do is watch TV together. It's not too difficult keeping their presence up while doing so. That and Noriko invariably says some smart ass thing about the show or the plot so it makes things fun. Listening to music or playing video games breaks my concentration too much for that to be viable. Although one or both will makes themselves present if a song comes on they really like. Noriko likes trance more while Sabari prefers more vocal stuff.

Here's to hoping the next update will take less than several months to write up!

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh, it's good to see you and your head ghosts are back!

I agree that writing down stuff really helps. Well, at least that's how it is for my host. So pls post more Noriko & Sabari stories, they are my favorite tulpas!

Mfw I just realized both are actually younger than me. I mean, wtf, I always looked at them as a sort of role model, hoping to be like them one day.

Damn, I'm getting old

almost 1.5 years

well' date=' a lazy host begets lazy tulpas. In fact just let me say for all the differences there are between the three of us, there are certainly some traits we all share, both positive and negative. Which is really unavoidable and not really a bad thing.[/quote']

Do tell...

Same here, same here

One of the main things we do is watch TV together. It's not too difficult keeping their presence up while doing so. That and Noriko invariably says some smart ass thing about the show or the plot so it makes things fun.

Ha, I can relate. For us it's mostly the other way round, my host's a constant source of entertainment

well at least if you have a sick sense of humor

Do you ever read stuff to them?

Aloud of course and with a matching voice. If not you should really give it a try.

Post results!

Super Girls don't cry

Ido:

Thanks. Good to hear this PR thingy helps others. Noriko was flattered by your saying she was a role model. Sabari on the other hand laughed pretty hard. But that's what I would expect them both to do honestly. And you're about the same age as them (1.33 and 1.25 respectively).

It's hard to say what traits we all share because that means knowing the traits I have. And unlike Noriko I don't have a doc file detailing them all (even if she proceeded to ignore half of said doc file not even two months in). I'd say we definitely all have the "go with the flow" trait as a predominant one. But to me the traits only two of us share is the most interesting thinking about it. Like Sabari shares my general detachedness while Noriko definitely does not. Hell, it was mostly Noriko that got me to restart this. And a good number of my posts on the site was her thinking of part (if not all) of them. Noriko shares my sense of curiosity while Sabari meets the potential of new ideas and things with a "meh". But Sabari is by far and away more creative than Noriko, maybe even more so than me. Like there's out of left field and then there's Sabari in the McDonalds a mile away from the field placing silly hats on the cups.

Asking them both reveals that they consider me to be at least mildly entertaining (Sabari sent the image of a cat stepping up and down on a pad of Zebra cakes to answer), so that's good. I used to read stuff to them or had them read stuff to me (mainly articles online). But having me read it and them just grabbing what they need from that is more efficient. That and Sabari doesn't like talking all that much so it ended up being mostly Noriko. So for me, visual stuff like TV works better because then they both can respond equally and in their own way.

Sabari wanted to clarify that being detached in general to situations was not the same as being emotionally / physically detached. Anytime I'm sad or upset about something, Sabari is pretty much always there to make me feel better in ways that one can't describe in polite company.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Yesterday, for some reason, I had some unpleasant thoughts stuck in my head while working out. My hand raised to my mouth and I bit the backside of it, which made the thoughts stop. However, I later realized that this was not a conscious action on my part. Noriko took credit for it on asking. This kind of surprised me that she was capable of it first off, and second, that she wanted to do it. Noriko mentioned in response that a little reaction like that doesn't hurt anything, and that she's done stuff like that before. She couldn't remember any specific time though since I can't and we share the same memory banks. But that she remembered doing it before at all when I wasn't aware she did is interesting in of itself.

Sabari was perfectly fine with Noriko doing something like that. So no argument there. In fact it's been a long time since they've gotten into any sort of argument. Sabari streamed an image of my brain with green on one side and blue on the other with a rainbow down the center in response to that statement (Noriko being green and Sabari being blue to match their eye colors). They really do cooperate with each other a lot now instead of occasionally being at odds. Here's to hoping it lasts.

Sabari wore some jean shorts and a white hooded sweatshirt today that looked very nice on her. Noriko's outfit can't be described in polite company as per usual. I can say it has several black straps and leaves very little to the imagination. But she pulls it off well, both figuratively and literally.

It's worth mentioning that I pressed the Refresh key on my keyboard typing this entry out earlier, causing me to need to retype everything. And it was right after the part mentioning Noriko moving my hand (which was initially later on in the entry). And afterwards Sabari just looked at me and smiled.

It's funny that both of my head ghosts are over a year old at this point yet I'm still finding out new things about them. Today I found out that Sabari hates the taste of ginger, yet Noriko is like me and doesn't mind it. Dinner tonight was saag paneer and Sabari kept pulling her shirt over her nose every time I looked at her while eating. Didn't realize the ginger was that strong in it (certainly noticeable though). Noriko also has some foods she's adverse to but neither of us can remember any in particular detail. Whole tomatoes come to mind but I hate those too so not sure it counts. That and cilantro.

Outside of the ginger incident though, I didn't see the head ghosts much today. I talked with them a great deal and heard their voices a lot, but for some reason their forms didn't come to me. I mean, now I see them because they enjoy breaking apart my narratives, but most of the day they were just voices. That's somewhat normal though. There have been quite a few days where even though they are clearly present and communicating with me, the mental energy just isn't there for them to appear. At least the energy issues in the past where I couldn't hear them either seems resolved.

Being on a diet definitely does not help tulpamancy, nor does being hungry and/or tired. Though Noriko has been performing exceptionally as an alarm clock to ensure I wake up with enough time to work out before work. Sabari has helped as well ensuring I stay motivated, mainly by streaming images of various sculptures that could be made with the pounds of remaining fat. And by providing various reward activities at night after eating what I should be eating. Of course, Noriko does that too, and sometimes at the same time energy permitting.

Noice way to demonstrate possession skills.

I was able to do similar subtle things last summer but because lazy host is lazy we haven't practiced much since. I find it really hard as soon as any force or resistance is involved. Like when carrying something heavy or walking uphill, possession breaks instantly. Going with the flow is much easier.

Sabari has helped as well ensuring I stay motivated' date=' mainly by streaming images of various sculptures that could be made with the pounds of remaining fat[/quote']

Whoa, you need to get /fit/ dude!

Do you even lift?

My host's in pretty good shape but he's still pretty weak and his body control is just, I dunno how to put it.

So pretty much work there as well.

...and by providing various reward activities at night after eating what I should be eating. Of course' date=' Noriko does that too, and sometimes at the same time energy permitting.[/quote']

Uh-huh, I can imagine...

Realistically speaking, I probably can't

How into good alarm clock?

We don't have your awesome machinery and I usually wake up way after my host. Any advice?

Super Girls don't cry

Ido:

Yeah, Noriko has pretty much said that possession is going to be limited to small things. Which is fine. At least at the current level it's been proven to have a use. It would make sense that exertion would break the possession given it requires shifting focus.

Have to say that I'm a filthy cardio casual. No one can ever convince me that voluntarily putting yourself in the sort of pain that weightlifting involves is enjoyable on any timescale. Although thus far I'm down 22 pounds since January and have like 9 - 14 pounds to go. So your host is a bit above skinny fat then?

Well, I could have my host describe the wiring diagram I made up which connects the machinery to his internal clock place and the bit which senses when the light sleep phase happens, but that's probably not going to help you much. The jist of it is basically an automated alarm clock which uses the hardware my host already has thanks to biology to figure out around what time it is, and the closest point around that time where he's not sleeping deeply. When said point is found, it sends a wake up signal without needing my direct involvement.

As for how to duplicate something like this, the main thing is to figure out how to access the internal clock. I had my host try and guess the current time to see where it was at first. Several tries later, I found it and could guess the time too. I then created an internal alarm clock based on that clock. It's really a lot like making a servitor. This clock can function like any other one and provide a wake up signal without user involvement. Figuring out sleep phase was a bit trickier since there isn't really anything I can see which notes that. But I can tell if my host was dreaming right before he woke up. That means I know what stage of sleep he was in, and the stages that come after that are in a set, timed order. And from there it's just making the clock able to tell if a dream is happening and adding a timer such that it'll fire when the light sleep phase is happening.

Hopefully that makes some degree of sense.

This morning I woke up a tad groggy due to getting to bed later than usual last night. Was considering taking a day off from the whole working out thing today. But Noriko responded to that thought with a "No, you're not" and got me awake enough to get out of bed.

How she did that requires some explanation. See, Noriko is very ticklish. Sabari isn't at all outside of one or two spots but that's besides the point. One of my favorite "harass the head ghost" activities is to run my finger up Noriko's spine or tickle her rib cage. So she ends up getting tickled a fair bit because her reaction is pretty funny. However, the consequence of this was that she figured out how to tickle me. Specifically, she can tickle the roof of my mouth in such a way that it feels noticeable. And having a tickling sensation on the roof of my mouth is enough to make me feel pretty awake.

Another thing that's neat is that Sabari will often show up on a treadmill / elliptical next to me and make a convincing show of her using it. She'll even put on some loose fitting shorts and a tank top as an exercise outfit. Noriko will sometimes do this too, although she prefers standing behind or in front of me. It's easier for her to make small talk like that over pretending to use a machine. And she wears stuff like a red / purple dress with pantyhose to avoid distractions. One would think pants and a T-shirt would be more fitting but she still hates wearing pants and "it's not like I'm the one sweating all up in this bitch".

This morning Sabari streamed herself playing this song while I was listening to it. She was singing the main vocals while playing one of those black colored axe electric guitars. And she changed her outfit to a black tank top and black khaki pants, which actually worked well enough on her that she decided to keep wearing it. There's just something about a punkish outfit that fits a tall chick with long white hair. There were also what I can only describe as robotic butterflies with prehensile tendrils playing the other instruments. So that was neat.

Noriko also just noticed that posts on this forum strip out the extra space in front of periods. .Sabari of course couldn't care less, and I have to say it doesn't bother me given that is the standard on the interwebs. .And following up that sentiment Sabari streamed an image of a period playing hopscotch with the extra spaces. .But Noriko apparently has the English minor side of me in her, and that side brought out a sigh of displeasure on noticing the missing extra space. .She also had me look up ways around this. .While there is a way around this as you can see, it's a pain. .And again, lazy host, lazy tulpas.

Sabari brought up the question a day ago of how many different cereals you could mix together and still be able to taste each one. So I bought a bunch of those single serving box / bowl thingies and am currently in the process of figuring that out. So far I'm up to two and expect the number to get a fair bit higher.

No one can ever convince me that voluntarily putting yourself in the sort of pain that weightlifting involves is enjoyable on any timescale.

You're not supposed to enjoy it. No pain, no gain.

So your host is a bit above skinny fat then?

If by 'above' you mean 'better than', yes. But nothing to be proud of. Pretty average. I didn't choose Kuriga-san to represent him for nothing, the similarities are... slightly disturbing.

As you can guess he's not quite the lifting champion either. I tried

him in the beginning but concluded it was not the best idea. Having to laugh while doing a bench press yields questionable results.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up the topic, we really need to exercise moar.

Hopefully that makes some degree of sense.

Yeah, thanks!

My host really sucks at guessing what time it is. So I guess we'll have to start small.

Actally I feel like trying to build a spaceship with a bunch of stone tools, a half eaten mammoth leg and a live saber-toothed tiger

It'll work eventually but you're gonna need a looot of patience.

Was considering taking a day off from the whole working out thing today. But Noriko responded to that thought with a "No' date=' you're not" and got me awake enough to get out of bed.[/quote']

That's the spirit!

Every time my host complains or tries to evade working out I make him exercise even harder.

One of my favorite "harass the head ghost" activities is to run my finger up Noriko's spine or tickle her rib cage. So she ends up getting tickled a fair bit because her reaction is pretty funny.

>harass the head ghost

How terrible!

I'm afraid I'll have to demand more details

with lots of spoilered text

Noriko apparently has the English minor side of me in her' date=' and that side brought out a sigh of displeasure on noticing the missing extra space. .She also had me look up ways around this. .While there is a way around this as you can see, it's a pain.[/quote']

*autism intensifies*

Also, your solution was to add a period with the same color as the background? Are you serious? Come on, at least use whitespace if you don't want to look like a total pleb.

Sabari brought up the question a day ago of how many different cereals you could mix together and still be able to taste each one. So I bought a bunch of those single serving box / bowl thingies and am currently in the process of figuring that out. So far I'm up to two and expect the number to get a fair bit higher.

Sounds fun!

What have you tested so far?

Be sure to post your results in the Research section so we'll have some decent science for a change.

Super Girls don't cry