Was it really worth it?

Gimir49

What risk? What

Also none of the spooky stories have been true and the spookiest thing is seeing people that think they are.

Anyway I can tell you're looking for any regrets us tulpamancers may have, so I won't just tell you how all of those questions are dumb like I want to.

I'm not really 'looking' for regrets or trying to belittle you guys or anything. I just want to make a tulpa myself but I'm not exactly sure what she is supposed to be like and I am merely afraid that if I don't put enough thought into her OR let her develop her own personality I may end up regretting it later. I don't want to halfass this but at the same time I don't really know what I want and that makes me afraid to start.

Anyone here has an experience with just letting a tulpa pick their personality? Like let us say I like the feel of characters A and B from some sort of medium but I can't properly describe what kind of characters they are. Would this be enough for them to know what I want? Maybe any tulpa here could describe how this process works, according to what they've built their personality when they were more or less given free reign to do so.

I'm not really 'looking' for regrets or trying to belittle you guys or anything. I just want to make a tulpa myself but I'm not exactly sure what she is supposed to be like and I am merely afraid that if I don't put enough thought into her OR let her develop her own personality I may end up regretting it later. I don't want to halfass this but at the same time I don't really know what I want and that makes me afraid to start.

Anyone here has an experience with just letting a tulpa pick their personality? Like let us say I like the feel of characters A and B from some sort of medium but I can't properly describe what kind of characters they are. Would this be enough for them to know what I want? Maybe any tulpa here could describe how this process works, according to what they've built their personality when they were more or less given free reign to do so.

You could just start with a very general idea for what you want your tulpa's personality to be like and then let them develop their own from there.

For example, the only trait I'd really picked out for Kael was "stoic", because Pinky and Ex were both so loud and kind of crazy that I wanted a very different personality to balance them out. Kael's still in development but it seems all the other traits he's developed so far were not only chosen by him but also came naturally just based on what he wanted, I suppose. Already he seems like he's sort of quiet and inquisitive and a few other things I can't quite pin down, but, yeah, I like watching him develop and sort of figure out who he is and who he wants to be. And I think he likes that, too. Even most of his physical design process was a joint effort between the two of us as I sort of got feedback from him on what he liked and didn't like. It's been working out well.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.

Not knowing what you want is fine :P I'm sure whatever you decide to do for your tulpa will be fine. I started out by trying to develop Markus' personality but it just didn't feel right to me, so I stopped. It's fine to change your mind halfway through things like this(not talking about dissipation. I'm talking about techniques) If you feel like doing something will be harmful, it probably will be. If it feels like it won't do harm or will do good, then it will. It's all about belief :P Also, as for the characters A and B, you and your tulpa share a head. If you have some abstract concept of what you want them to be like, you could base their personality off of that. If it makes sense to you while developing their personality, if that's what you want to do, then it'll work out fine for your tulpa :) Hope I helped, good luck!

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

I think so, even though I did a lot of the stuff you're not supposed to do starting out, and it led to a rollercoaster of ups and downs. I'm happy with the end result though which is what matters.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Regrets? Nooo!

As someone has already said, just start out with a general idea of what you want. You can add and/or take away as time goes on. Don't forget that tulpa are not static and they mature as more time passes; say you go all the way to imposition--well, that's not the end of everything, really. The tulpa can still develop even after that.

Also, because she's a part of your brain, she understands what you want even more than what you do . . . you won't mess up.

James: Hello, all!