Some frustration about creating a tulpa...

Wah

Hello everyone, I started creating my tulpa a few days ago and it's been going pretty well so far. I've read a bunch of guides and threads by now and some things have been bothering me for awhile now that I couldnt find answers for...

Some people say when they started out by creating their tulpa they let him/her choose their own form. If that is the case... What do you do when you are active forcing? Build on their personality? For how long? Some people imagine being in their wonderland when they are actively forcing, but you wouldn't be able to do that without having a form for your tulpa, right?

How do you interact with your tulpa in your wonderland if you don't have a form for him/her? Some say you can imagine a blue orb of energy or something similar to start with, but how are you going to interact with a blue orb in your wonderland? Can't really go on any adventures or any fun activities with an orb... right?

It seems that one side says that it's OK to start out with just building on your tulpas personality untill it becomes sentient and then work on a form together... But then you hear it's important to do active forcing alot... But what can you do while active forcing that you couldn't just do talking to your tulpa during the day, if you dont have a form for them yet? You don't need to sit down in a relaxed place just to repeat their traits to them, or something similar, when you can just do that while going about your day.

Have I misunderstood what active forcing is? From what i've gathered so far it's about being in a relaxed position, similar to what'd you be doing when meditating and only focus on your tulpa. For example: Hanging out together in the wonderland, building on his/her form, working on your visualization, building on their traits etc... Yet how will you do half of these things without having a form for your tulpa? You can build on their traits and whatnot while just narrating to them during the day, can't you? So why the need to sit down and focus?

and a side question: If you do have a form for your tulpa already, and have built a wonderland and whatnot, arn't you puppeting them while interacting with them in your wonderland before they've become sentient? Everyone says puppeting/parroting is a bad thing but they also say it's important to force alot and more often then not these forcing suggestions include interacting in the wonderland. But to visualise your still non-sentient tulpa in the wonderland... Everything you do together will be basically under your control, it'll just be a bunch of puppeting, no?

Sorry it's just been frustrating me a bit... Thanks for any answers :)

I've been up for way too long so I'm not gonna answer this too in-depth, but for the sake of quick answers..

I personally think people emphasize the "let your tulpa choose its own form" thing too much. Besides the obvious fact you have to give them at least a temporary form before they can exist to choose their own (like an orb of light), others shapeshift or just change once or twice later. But at the same time most tulpas I've known have been perfectly fine with their form/appearance from the start. Certainly mine (though Tewi and Flan got a bit older-looking over time), but many others too. If your tulpa ever wants to change how it looks/something about it, they should just tell you.

And for puppetting before they're sentient - yeah, kind of. Puppetting isn't inherently bad, until the tulpa is sentient and then it's just hollow communication. With all this freedom people preach they give the idea that it's not okay to choose a basis in the first place, and it totally is. All of my tulpas are perfectly fine with their original appearances after 4+ years. Flandre didn't like her personality a long time ago so we worked to change it, because she asked. Anyway, of course since your tulpa isn't sentient from the start you'll have to do some things akin to puppetting. Though people usually recommend simply talking to your tulpa while visualizing them but not requiring a response rather than puppetting. But it still wouldn't hurt to imagine the types of conversations you'd like to have with them, or how you'd like them to speak/communicate.

Free will man, tulpas don't require some strict set of instructions to be followed. Heck, I followed pretty much none of them recommended here because I didn't know tulpas existed when I created mine. I haven't done almost any "forcing sessions", no progress report and I don't think I ever asked any questions. I figured out what made sense to me (most often discussing it with my tulpas) and took in information that sounded good from this forum.

So yeah I'm tired sorry. Uhm, imagine what you'd like your tulpa to be like, talk to them, don't stress out about messing anything up because you really can't. There really are no rules but you can still ask questions of course, just keep in mind you'll get opinions and anecdotes that make sense to the person stating them. I'm going to sleep, good luck.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

"like any long journey, the first step matters not.. it is how far you are willing to go"

that's all i can tell you if you want quotes.. but really all i can tell you is keep at it, look at guides and just keep narrating (mentally talking to it, sometimes me and haku sing.. i don't sing out loud since i have a hoarse throat at the moment but we sing for quite a bit to favorite songs, Haku LOVES "one more time" be it remix or other) Sentience is going to take a while that is what i can tell you but it's well worth keeping up on it.

Just do what you think is right mostly, tulpamancing is different for everyone, no two tulpamancers have a set way.. from what i can surmise.

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

I never seem to go very in depth so sorry it my answer's short or not helpful or whatever :P

I know this is probably something that you've seen a lot here, but seriously whatever works for you. Active forcing doesn't directly imply visualization but it seems that a lot of people visualize their tulpa while actively forcing. To actively force you just need to focus your attention on your tulpa as opposed to cleaning your room or going to work while also concentrating on your tulpa(which would be passive forcing :P) Also, you don't have to be in any kind of meditative state to actively force with your tulpa. If you want to, you can. It's really helpful for vivid visualization. I personally find it absolutely exhausting so I tend not to do that much, but as long as you're not focusing on other things then it could be considered active.

You don't have to use a form to actively force with your tulpa, not even a blue ball, but if you're going to try to visualize them then you'll need a form for that. You could make a form for them and, once they're sentient, they'll change it if they don't like it. If, instead, you don't feel the need to visualize your tulpa then you can just concentrate on maybe a spot in your mind that your tulpa will occupy one day, but isn't developed enough to do so quite yet. Like an empty space that your tulpa can fill. That being said, you don't have to do either of those to actively force with your tulpa. Those are things that came to my mind, but maybe something better works for you.

For me, actively forcing with Markus was weird at first because she didn't move or talk or do anything really. So I'd just puppet her over to a cliff and we'd sit on the edge, watching the sunset. I'd tell her about my day, what was going on on the outside, stuff that was bothering me, adventures we could go on once she became independent, whatever came to mind really. Eventually she started looking around and standing up and stuff. Once that happened, we'd go for walks. After she got used to walking around and doing stuff, I guess she decided to experiment with forms :P Markus started off as a really classy looking guy in a suit (hehehe I know, silly but whatever. It seemed pretty good at the time :P) She then went through a BUNCH of deviations and her forms usually only lasted a couple of days. Hell, she's still messing around with forms! Her hair color and style changes a bunch. She does, however, seem to like earrings so I created some that look like they're made of starlight for her for xmas :P Anyway, I seem to have gotten off track. But yeah, it was a bit weird at first and there was a significant amount of puppeting going on before she was independent. Just to get her around though, I wanted to go on adventures with her, not with myself controlling her :P

As for personality, you don't have to work on a personality at all. Your tulpa will eventually develop its own and I'm sure they'll be awesome. Markus, my tulpa, didn't start out with a personality :P Again, I know I've said this like a million times but whatever works for you. Whatever you think will work probably will. You can incorporate symbolism to create your tulpa, like imagining various personality bits flying into them or something, but you don't have to. I tried that out but it just didn't seem right :P

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!