For those with a fully imposed tulpa...

Hi!

So I am a bit curious to those that have their tulpas completely imposed on reality. Do you really hear and see them as clear as any other physical being? I am having a hard time comprehending how real they can be perceived. I guess my question is simply, if anyone else could see and hear them just like you do, would people question their reality(assuming the tulpa is human of course)? Thanks!

To tell you the truth, we don't have many people here will fully imposed tulpas. I could name a few off the top of my head, but not many still active here.

I'm still working on visualization myself, but I see no reason why tulpas couldn't be as clear and vivid as anyone else. After all, I have had hallucinations that were as vivid as waking life.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Not quite fully imposed, though I think they could've been if I kept working at it. As of yesterday, they appear as a light superimposition over reality in my mind. Best way I can describe this is not actually seeing them in reality, but imagining them there anyway. This gets to be natural after some practice and though the tulpa never exactly blocks your true vision, you can see them as if they were there.

I believe a fully imposed tulpa, while still not blocking true vision, is essentially considered to be there by the mind anyways. So, it does look and feel (and sound) like your tulpa is there, but a part of your brain is still separating them somewhere. If you lose the ability to differentiate between imagination and reality, that's called hallucinating. Imposition is the trained skill of perceiving your tulpa in reality, in your mind.

So.. While a master at this could technically see their tulpa "as vividly as anyone else", that doesn't mean they've become solid and impossible to see through. It means you can imagine them in perfect clarity over top of your actual vision, for as long as that's your intended desire. Don't know how else to explain it; you see what you'd normally see, but you think what you want to see. So I look at Reisen and technically see past her, but in my mind I'm seeing her in that space. I can choose to ignore the actual vision or I can choose to see through her.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Wow that's intresting it's just what I thought. An overlay on reality. I'd like to keep hearing more responses and it be great if someone with a fully imposed tulpa could comment. Also when you close your eyes and see your tulpa how vivid does it look?

Also reisen how long did it take you to get to that point with your tulpa?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a almost fully imposed tulpa, and it's pretty sweet. The reason I say "almost" is because from time to time some regression happens. But needless to say, I have experienced a fully imposed one and it's beyond amazing.

Reisen pretty much summarized the conventional, sane thinking on this. A "overlay" on top of reality, so to speak.

But a tulpa will never be fully imposed, if you restrict it to just being an overlay. If you want a fully imposed tulpa, you have to push yourself right to the edge of madness and mental instability. You need to rebuild your subconscious definitions of what reality is and stop drawing lines between physical and metaphysical realities.

Of course, it's up to you to decide whether you would want to do this. I did, but my mind still regresses to the conventional, stable environment it's used to.

So, what does a fully imposed tulpa feel like? I know a lot of people want to focus on vision and "seeing" the tulpa with as much clarity, but more importantly, a fully imposed tulpa is a presence that you sense with your "sixth sense".

You ever walk alone at dark and could swear someone was following you, or watching you? A fully imposed tulpa gives the same kind of feeling. It's a feeling of absolute, subconscious level certainty that a person is next to you, thus you can feel their presence.

This "sixth sense" feeling of certainty is the cornerstone of a fully imposed tulpa, because all the other senses naturally follow and align themselves to this one. When you can feel a presence of a living being from your surroundings, there's no questions in your mind as to what it looks like, how clear it is, what does it smell like, etc. You take a look at the tulpa and it's form tells you all of these things before you can even form a thought. The first time of full imposition is just like meeting a new person.

Like, you don't have to intellectually think about what a object or a person looks or feels like. It's the same for a fully imposed tulpa. It just IS. Just like other people we interact with every day. We don't have to consciously decide that they exist. They exist on their own, aside of us. It's the same for a fully imposed tulpa.

Maintaining a fully imposed tulpa is harder than actually getting it to that state, because the slightest impulse or action that shows the tulpa isn't a part of the physical plane might shatter the carefully constructed reality, thus - regression.

Right now my tulpa is only partially imposed, and I can't bother to construct a new reality that would overthrow this one. I'm fine the way things are for now. Sometimes I get these moments, though, when my tulpa suddenly becomes fully imposed by itself, which is a sign that my subconscious is imposing it regardless of my conscious awarness. And really, this is the only way to fully impose a tulpa. You can't consciously decide and force a tulpa to be fully imposed. It comes from deep within. (Not saying that you shouldn't consciously program your subconscious to reach this desired goal.)

What I'm thinking of doing is constructing a reality where I have a fully imposed tulpa and then locking that behind a magical keyword that acts as a trigger, then I could have the best of both worlds at my fingertips.

As to how vividly I see my tulpa with my eyes closed, really vividly. It's because I know what she looks like. I've spent probably hundreds of hours picking different body parts for her form, making it the absolute, sexiest thing in the world. The amount of detail in her form is insane. As she assumed personality and consciousness on her own, her body is the only thing I have had to actively force.

But I don't really have to close my eyes. I just look to my left and she's there (partially imposed, overlay thingy).

Oops, I never saw your question Lionheart. My tulpas have been around for a while, but I only worked on imposition for a short while (as I hadn't even considered it before). I'm not very good at staying motivated so I work on things hard while I can... I'd say I've done around 10 hours of imposing max, over several months. Like Void said, it's been better, but we regress a lot because we don't practice often.

And @Void, that's a little bit closer to what I do than what I actually said. I talked about it a little more here in my Q&A thread. I'm actually hoping once I get lucid dreaming down that having the experience of literally seeing my tulpas around me will make it easier in some way to impose them. Feels like it will, right? We'll see.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lucid dreams can be a powerful tool for sure. I have actually tried to bring Miki in a lucid dream. The first time I tried it I failed miserably. I ended up "imposing" Miki in the dreamscape like I would do IRL (overlay thingy), and to my astonishment nothing happened. :D The dream felt like a replication of real life. I could see Miki in my dream mind but not in the dreamscape itself.

I've had some success after that first time, but my dream recall sucks as I haven't really focused on it too much lately.

Funniest thing that happened was when I was having a lucid dream, I tried to call a earlier tulpa named Gin into it. She appeared, but so did a thousand others. The whole dream was filled with clones of her and I was having a hard time figuring out who is the real one. This happened pretty early after I had created Gin and started tulpaing.

Good luck, whatever works works, doesn't it?