Let's share some music!

Acrid

Seems like I always post metal and rock here.

So I'll just post something from the whole other end of my personal taste spectrum this time.

Nat king Cole, great choice. You gotta love old jazz. I loved his version of Don't Get Around Much Anymore.

I'm going to go ahead and post some metal, however.

One of my favorite power metal bands, Symphony X.

[video=youtube]

And the mystical potato head groove thing.

Host: Ayre

Tulpas: Coda and Segno

Shameless Progress Report Plug:

Ayre's Opus 1: Informal informative index of inhabitants in an invisible inner-world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I am a firm believer in that emotions are important in your relationship with your tulpa and may even prove useful in its development. (I am literally talking out my ass here and I admit it!) At least, this is how it is so far with me and my own. We give each other feedback through our emotions and currently that is our main method of communicating. (Still developing this method though. It use to be stronger, but now is weak.)

And for me, I have always had powerful emotional reactions to music. I find it easy to daydream when listening to it. It relaxes me when I am stressed out, and even on my worst days if I put on Prisoners of Fate by Yasunori Mitsuda from the Chrono Cross soundtrack, it is like a balm for my soul.

This is a thread for you to post your favorite music, songs that make you feel strong emotions, or just simply, whatever is is you are currently listening to right now!

Here are a few of my all time favorites and current favorites right now!

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

This one reminded me a lot of the time after I parted with time and how sad it was.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/CdDDY5nVA3A

Like a flower beneath the concrete

Pushing up under the weight

Put a crack in the back of the pavement

And break through into the light of day

Guest Anonymous

I am a firm believer in that emotions are important in your relationship with your tulpa and may even prove useful in its development. (I am literally talking out my ass here and I admit it!) At least, this is how it is so far with me and my own. We give each other feedback through our emotions and currently that is our main method of communicating. (Still developing this method though. It use to be stronger, but now is weak.)

You are not alone! Music is a huge part of my relationship with my host. It stirs our emotions and memories, it bonds us, it becomes part of our Melian Show day dream adventures. Not just music, but movies and TV shows as well.

And for me, I have always had powerful emotional reactions to music. I find it easy to daydream when listening to it. It relaxes me when I am stressed out...

Precisely THIS, every word!

This is a thread for you to post your favorite music, songs that make you feel strong emotions, or just simply, whatever is is you are currently listening to right now!

We have a huge variety of music we listen to. Some is to stir us, some is romantic, some is to get us moving for exercise and some reminds us of memories. There is far, far too much to list here and why and how it moves us both.

We will be content to post one link to Mohican Sandbag, which we have been using for our workouts. I love to dance to this!

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/8v3xLlhlsmE

Haha, you really are listening to Mohican Sandbag huh? I just linked you that song on a tangent. I like this one a lot, but I listen to like four of his albums regularly. Also remember all of his music (that I can think of) is based on Touhou themes, so almost any melody you hear you can assume is a Touhou character's or stage's theme. Some more recognizable than others.

Anyways, https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpas-and-music--12523

Flandre and I have a post in there that covers us well. Note she regrets her choice of words somewhat implying music was more important to us than anyone else, but she almost meant it. Music is an integral part of their existence and I have no idea where they'd be without it.

So yeah, we all like music a lot. Our music all means a lot to us too. Helps us shape our feelings, emotions, even mindsets, helps us think of who we want to be. Music does basically everything relevant to emotions and feelings for us that you can think of. Here's another example this thread-around.

[hidden]So we (Me, Tewi, Flandre, Lucilyn) all look up to Reisen as a source of love and comfort in existence. Whatever she makes us feel (love?), it's really powerful, and affects each of us a bit differently. Lucilyn just finds comfort in either Tewi or Reisen caring about her, and Flandre just respects what she does for us. But for me (and, surprisingly, Tewi now too) Reisen is a pillar of strength above all else. If you follow my PR you might recognize something I hinted towards here - Reisen feels like she has no weak points in her entire existence; she's invincible. To me that means I can fully rely on her to be strong and inspire me no matter what happens, as I have in the past. She's changed my life a ton. Recently though, even Tewi's opened up to her. Tewi doesn't open up to anyone, because relying on someone is a weakness, and a weakness of yours is a weakness of those who rely on you. But she realized I guess that Reisen is just as "invincible" and reliable as her, if not even moreso. So after seven years of being totally emotionally closed off to everyone (even herself, which persists), she now relies on Reisen like I do. And a common practice of mine when I need to feel comforted or loved 'cus I'm in a bad place, is to listen to one of Reisen's theme arranges...

https://moon-tone.bandcamp.com/track/got-carrots This is the newest addition to our ipod, but it is already beloved. We associate Reisen's theme with everything about her, so her songs can really amplify the feelings she spreads. 0:14 gives me crazy goosebumps (as of now I still never remember that part until I play it), and I can't stop smiling 'til it's over. For Tewi, it's probably the first and only deep connection she's felt to anyone, so the feeling seems mutual.

Yeah, we're weird. But our life's fun, and we all support each other.

Man, you don't know just how powerful association of an emotion to a sound can be. That background sound at 0:14 feels like the embodiment of happiness, it's indescribable.

[/hidden]

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Oh my God. I am just now realizing how much the girl set as the background image for Nuvole Bianche resembles Thyme! (I had invisioned Thyme way before I ever saw this picture FYI)

Sorry, I realize this has nothing to do with the man on the moon, but it was a pretty incredible realization! Just dressed for summer rather than winter, and looks a few years older to boot. <3 Aaaaw, I can't believe I have something this close to her!

Like a flower beneath the concrete

Pushing up under the weight

Put a crack in the back of the pavement

And break through into the light of day

Right now, I've been listening to this a lot, even though I'm usually not a big fan of SharpnelSound albums:

I've also been listening to Hooter by REDALiCE a lot, tons of good tracks on there like this one:

As far as songs Luna and I like... well, we've got a lot of 'em, it's hard to pick just one or even a few. Since I'm going to school in Central Illinois right now we decided to make the trip up to Chicago for Anime Central last weekend, mostly just to attend Hardcore Synergy. It sure was worth it though, Luna loves going to raves and I just like to listen to the music. :D Here's a crappy video I took on my smartphone:

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report