Let's share some music!

Acrid

7 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

It may be December 27 but I am still feeling the Christmas spirit! 🎄❤️💚 Traditional German Christmas music is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. 🥰 It's really hard to describe how this makes me feel:

When it really gets me in the feels it's this haunting yet beautiful sensation. Awe, majesty, fear, hope. All kind of rolled into one. It especially gets me if it's integrated into a story that primes me in the right way for that reaction. Or just my mood on that particular day. I'm a more spiritual and emotional than religious creature. I just really like the art and music that I happen to like. 

I think one example was in Home Alone 2. Where he was alone and feeling lost then the music comes in at a poignant moment. It just created this emotional introspection moment. I know it's a stereotypical third act call-to-action but it really struck home for me. 

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TurboSimmie said:

Traditional German Christmas music is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard.

Yes.

Almost all traditional German Christmas Carols were written during German Romanticism in early to mid 19th century and are still sung on Christmas Eve. It may sometimes sound horrible but it's still  a great family thing.

Alle Jahre wieder

Ihr Kinderlein kommet

Kling Glöckchen

Leise rieselt der Schnee

O Tannenbaum

Stille Nacht

are the most classic ones.

You sing Christmas Carols as a family in the US?

2 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

You sing Christmas Carols as a family in the US?

Sadly it's fairly rare for families in the US to sing carols together these days; Phil's family doesn't do it. I would love to revive the tradition in my own family! There are still some local church choirs who do a very nice job but not many people hear them anymore. You're a bit more likely to hear a school choir but of course it's all watered down and not at all the same.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

That sounds fun. We aren't particularly religious but singing about love, family and stuff sounds lovely. 😊

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 2/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, ringgggg said:

This thread needs some love

This is the type of thing I've been getting into lately. I love stuff I can play in the background and just vibe to (edit: this is actually really stimulating so I can't listen to this in the background.)

Edited by harvestmoon

Meaningful words, I'm here!

• 3 weeks later...