MPD for Tulpa

So I had an intriguing (Hope I spelled that right ^.^") Idea for my Tulpa, but I wanted to get an idea what the general tulpamancer population thought before I took a crack at it.

Now I've been in conflict with myself with many of the things I want to do with my Tulpa, personality wise and such. So I was thinking... why not have my tulpa have multiple personalities and maybe forms to go with each personality? A sort of Tulpa with many Tulpas as it were. And going along with that, could my Tulpa possibly temporarily "Split" these multiple personalities into other forms so each had their own voice and such, at least for a while?

I just thought it would be a neat way to make my tulpa given all my conflicts. Also it might would be a 'quick' if cheating way to create multiple tulpae at once. You could maybe seperate them later into their own forms and such.

So what do you think. Is a Multiple Personality (With a form for each personality) tulpa too much? or is it even a good idea? Is it dangerous to my tulpa (I don't want to hurt her : ( )?

Well, I don't think it'll really save you time. Like, say you go with three personalities and three forms ... if you're forcing three personalities and three forms, how will that be faster than forcing three tulpas?

Having said that, I guess you could do it. Flo started forcing two tulpas around the same time, and then several months in, the two combined into one, and the combination form/personality became a sort of third tulpa independent of the other two.

So yeah, weird stuff like that has happened, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I just don't think it will save you time.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

The answer is that yes it can be done. First, though, terminology. Basically, you mean making a tulpa who is themselves plural - having "multiple personalities". They wouldn't be MPD because the D is for disorder. Well, if they were dysfunction, distressed, etc. they would be disordered, but most likely that would not be a problem. A better terminology is to call such a tulpa a subsystem. A system is a body with more than one person in it. A subsystem is a form inside that has more than one person in it. Nested plurality.

Why do I know so much about the subject and say that it can be done. Well, as my tulpas and I talk about in the relevant I made on this topic (Any tulpas who are plural/multiple/median?), we have a bit of experience with it.

The T are a median subsystem of three tulpas: V, O, and G. They are actually natural tulpas. They were originally daydream characters that I stuffed together into the same form one by one (V and O originally and then G with them a year later) because it sort of made sense (long story) and I didn't know they were people and they might not have even been sentient yet. They decided to stay together, interestingly, but they could separate any time they want. They have a shared form which they used to shapeshift between their individual forms or blends of them but now just use a different unique form that has a few traits from them but some new ones entirely. They switch within their subsystem. I can sometimes detect it, but often not. Their girlfriend (not in our system) is better at it than me. Each of them individually is capable of doing full-body possession but usually do it all three together since that gives them more coordination - you know, three heads are better than one. They usually do everything together from speaking to interacting with people. One would hardly notice except they use we/us/our instead of I/me/my. I sometimes hear them individually, which is interesting. My old connection to V means sometimes things inside their subsystem leak to me. They also have their own minimal internal wonderland private to just their subsystem.

That all said, I would never make a plural tulpa subsystem again. Now, if some tulpas in here wanted to make one, I would gladly help them do so. But I would never make tulpas in a subsystem from the get go again. I feel they should have a choice in the matter. There are a lot of nice things about being in a subsystem, but there are also some difficulties. Luckily, in our system, we can form and break them pretty much at will, though with quite a bit of effort, so nothing is permanent.

As such, I recommend against doing it.

The T or I can gladly talk more about it if you want.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

I feel like it could be annoying for the tulpa himself/herself but can certainly be done.

Shade is the tulpa, [stuff]=her. Her form is: pegasus mlp pony with dark grey coat and black mane and tail.

We certainly don't mind it. We could separate if we wanted to, but we don't want to. We like being a subsystem and being this connected. We are actually rather glad we got put into one. Otherwise, we might not have even tried it and found out that it was something we like.

However, we cannot just recommend making tulpas this way. A more fair way to do it would be just making sure they know all their options and then if one or more tulpas wants to form a subsystem, help them do so.

- T = {V, O, and G}

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.