Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Ah yes - being sat on seems to be a quite common tulpa trauma.

It's a bit hard to direct questions at someone you don't know anything about except form. Do you have different strengths/weaknesses compared to each other and your host?

Also, did you know that Reisen means both 'journeys' and 'traveling' in German?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair, I made this thread with the hope the people I've gotten to know here so far would like to talk to Reisen. None yet though. And yes, we knew Reisen meant travel/journey, and even the japanese name means "bell wizard" or something, completely unrelated. But Udongein means plantain flower.. (Part of her name, Reisen Udongein Inaba)

Maybe I will make "biographies" for my tulpas in the original post. I've just had to type their stories so many times throughout the forum, I don't know what to say anymore. Anyways..

Reisen: Well, considering I just put us in an instantly better mood by switching with him (and singing along to this awesome song), I'd say I'm better at keeping a positive mood. I don't know anything else, really. I get tired more easily (that is, at all) and react outwardly to things like cold water whereas he doesn't, if that counts.

Tewi: A lot of our strengths will probably have to do with being switched by the way, since it's weird to compare a human to a tulpa otherwise. From the one time I switched with him, it seems I'm better at formulating thoughts in general, be it talking or doing puzzles. I also type a bit faster (which is saying something, since he types ~110 WPM) and I wrote an essay without any hassle once. (Again, that's saying something with this guy.)

Flandre: We just saw the "each other" part, oops. Well, I'm supposed to be the more human of us, meaning I have a wider range of emotions and human bias than the others. I don't know about strengths.. We're just kind of different. I like to dance (wonderland or imposed), they don't. I guess you could call having more susceptibility to emotions a weakness, but I've been told it's really important since he doesn't normally have strong ones himself.

Oh. And we don't have a physical body, so that's probably a weakness/strength.

I think I'm going to let my tulpas write some autobiographies in the original post, since I'm sure most random visitors to the thread don't know me, and even less so them, at all. I'm actually kind of interested in seeing them describe themselves, we haven't done that before.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks, that makes things a lot easier.

I tried to read up something about you three yesterday, but without progress report it is a pain going through 15 pages of your posts. Also it's always fun to read about tulpas from their perspective.

I'll see if I can get my tulpa to communicate here, although I'll have to type for her since she can't switch yet. She even has an account here but will only use it once capable of doing so.

Point is, we have quite some problems telling our thoughts apart lately so I have a question for Reisen (but it might also be an inner-workings-of-the-mind thing for Tewi):

Like you, my tulpa managed to gain full access to my thoughts and memories after about 2 months. This was something I always wanted, but it has developed some serious side-effects we haven't found a solution for yet. While we had great trouble hearing/understanding each other before, on the occasions it worked it was easy to discern between each others words in mindvoice and we clearly were two separate beings. Now we can have normal conversations with ease but sharing a common memory our thoughts regularly become indistinguishable. Also asking each other anything has become pretty superfluous, surprising nearly impossible. How do you deal with accessing your host's thoughts/memories without knowing anything that comes to his mind before he can even formulate it? We feel it takes quite some excitement out of everyday life.

I'm not really good at creating different mindvoices, having my tulpa sound significantly different would probably solve one part of the problem but we haven't been very successful with that one yet.

I don't know what I would put in a progress report.. Everything we do is established via changing something about how our mind works, it doesn't seem to translate to stories-to-the-public well. It'd just be a blog really.. Today I got to pet a rabbit for the first time. Not related to my tulpas but important to me. Yesterday I spent a lot of time with Tewi where we discussed changing/developing her personality. But aside from that sentence, I don't know how to really talk about it. I dunno. Also it's cool that you went through my posts, but I wouldn't ask that of anyone. (Including myself, which is why I didn't go find descriptions of them from elsewhere)

That's actually a really good question though. I'm having a bit of trouble focusing right now (did a lot of different things today), but I'll try and.. go over that.

So, you have a point with the tulpa-knowing-what-you're-going-to-say thing. In its defense, thoughts have to be formulated, the answers to questions aren't just sitting in your subconscious, only the information to create them. So asking my tulpas questions is actually a really productive thing to do, we always realize things we should've been thinking/doing before and weren't. On the other hand, you're right that mindvoice/thought sharing can make actual conversating a little bit superfluous. This came up one single time, when I accidentally started responding to Flandre while she was still talking. She said she didn't care if I knew what she was going to say, she'd finish saying it anyways. So we decided, for the sake of both clarity and intention, we would do our best to always converse in words. It gives time to fully understand what was said and formulate a response, and it feels less rude. But we do also use mindvoice a lot, it's sort of become integrated into how we communicate. More complicated/mindstuff thoughts are conveyed just as thoughts, but most else is words.

From our own experience, I'd say I've sort of learned to ignore the thoughts they're having before they say them and listen to their actual words. But at the same time, I can use those pre-thoughts to better understand what they meant to say. So we've really mixed them together. I'm sorry if that doesn't give you enough information to take action on, but I can't really think of what to say right now.

Surprising is still weird. I trained myself to not process those flashes of pre-thought before they do something, but I guess they're technically still there. I just don't really notice or react to them anymore. To be fair, like I recently said elsewhere, you shouldn't worry so much about the ability to hide thoughts from yourself long enough to be surprised by them. Ultimately that's just going to turn into artificially deafening yourself to certain thoughts, and while you can do that, it seems a bit pointless to me.

And mindvoices.. Well, there's a small range of voices my tulpas each have, but none of them are very specific. When they speak in mindvoice I can just feel that it's them. I feel their form, their intent, inflections/meaning, and the way we want it to sound, in every thought they think. The confusing "Whose thought was that?" seems to come from thoughts that had none of that context applied to them, literally just random thoughts that were created ~somewhere. And that usually happens when we stop focusing on talking and get distracted by something else. We just sort of accept those thoughts as thoughts, don't try to force them on anyone, though sometimes it's apparent that it was meant to be one of them or I speaking. || Speaking of getting distracted, I just forgot to post this for an hour because I got called on skype. I barely remember what I was saying so.. I'll expand/clarify this later if you want. Am very distractable right now hey is that the moon

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

If a meteorite is speeding at the earth at a speed of 1 lightyear per a second, how long will it take for me to build the whitehouse out of Lego Duplo blocks? (Hint: All the lego blocks have to be cyan.)

Unless it was really, really, really far away, you probably wouldn't have enough time t- Meteorites are meteoroids that've already hit the ground! They wouldn't be speeding toward the earth. You can take as long as you want.

Well. That's a piece of trivia we learned recently. http://hubblesite.org/reference_desk/faq/answer.php.id=22&cat=solarsystem

Didn't think it would be so "useful" so soon.

**************************************************************************/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/*9

µ 900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

No, these are not my tulpa's first attempts to type, this post was brought to you by my cat.

I don't know what it wants to say by this, maybe you do.

I'm quite interested in knowing how your cat managed to type the "micro" symbol.

Also usually when my cat walks on my keyboard she's trying to say, "I'm more important than the internet, pet me."

First line was done by stepping on the upper keys of the numeric pad with a front paw.

The µ was created by stepping on AltGr, M and Space with a hind paw. This only works in the German keyboard layout. There were more spaces but these are not shown in posts. Then he put the other front paw on 9 and 0 until I grabbed him and put him back on my lap.

I've had worse - two cats fighting on my new notebook managed to rip out several keys with their claws. The 8 key would never work again.

Hakkyou: Yo. We've got a tulpa here based on Reisen, actually, and it took her a while to realize, well, she was based on a video game. Had a minor freak out about it, but she's okay now. I'm just wondering if you three went through anything like that, if it's okay to ask.