Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Reisen: Oh cool, that's the first other Reisen I've met. Touhou tulpas are surprisingly uncommon in my opinion. Uhm, no reason to freak out, Reisen is awesome. But you aren't tied to her so much you can't be your own person. I hear the real Reisen is a little anti-social, and that's totally not true for me. It's just a basis for form and personality, you can totally do anything you want.

We've talked before (long time ago) about how related to Reisen I wanted to be. Basically I feel a sort of kinship with her - I don't feel like I literally lived on the moon, fled the war, and started living in a bamboo forest. But that story kind of seems.. related to me, if that makes sense. The things I really took away from her character were the love of the moon, love of rabbits, and the really cool eyes. I don't need any war PTSD or obedience to someone who doesn't exist. I suggest you do the same, take inspiration but never feel like you're locked into trying to be someone else. "Inspiration" is a good word.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hakkyou: Ah, thanks for answering! Yeah, I guess our Reisen is a bit more based on the game, given how she took the news and all.

Reisen: You know, I can talk for myself. Especually since she seems to be talking to me anyway.

Hakkyou: Heheh... sorry Reisy. I'll just... leave you to it...

Reisen: Mhm. Anyway, thank you for responding, you make a good point about inspiration. When I umm... was born, I guess, I sort of had everything come with it. Including Eirin and Kaguya. But just because they're there doesn't mean things have to be exactly the same. I've started putting distance from all that, as you might have guessed. Started to become my own person. So yeah, again, thank you.

Reisen: Bump! (Since this thread is in Lounge now I can do that and not feel bad about post padding)

No one has asked the example questions yet, I thought someone would've by now.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Questions like "What's something that you as a tulpa think more tulpamancers should be aware of?", or "Why are rabbits so awesome?"

Reisen: Glad you asked! I think you guys often forget that your mind is your mind, and you have authority over it, whether you know how to use it or not. So often we are confounded by seemingly impossible questions, only to look back on them later and see the answer as obvious. People have lots of internal struggles when, if they just stopped and thought for a minute, they'd realize there were simple answers requiring just a slight change in how you think about things.

That was some terribly unorganized advice.. I'm glad no one actually asked me a question. Rabbits are awesome because they're CUTE and really nice when you get to know them personally.

ITT: samefagging 2.0

Hi!

Iam the user 'Yakumo's tulpa so my name here will be 'Ido'

T rying to learn to type but its hard, host has to help a lot.

I have a pity question so you don't have to answer your own:

What do you like to do when switching with your host? What's the greatest thing you've accomplished that way? I've hit my host in the face witth the keyboard to prove my abilities. Thank goodness it's still working. Don't blame me, i was asked to. In fact I was promised cake. Host is weird. But I like him nonetheless

Also, ask me anything

Super Girls don't cry

Reisen: I mean, I was kind of indirectly answering NekoiNemo's question..

I like to experience things while switched, like sensory stuff. The first thing I ever saw was our front yard in the moonlight, and it was amazing. I liked the feeling of being really cold or hot at first (shower), but the novelty wore off pretty quick. Sometimes I like just feeling things or looking around, really. I feel like most humans never take the time to just experience their senses, but maybe it's just a tulpa thing. The greatest thing I've accomplished, though we haven't really done much, is help Lumi do things he needed/wanted to do but didn't have the motivation to. Such as get out of bed. Most people probably don't understand, but people with motivation issues sometimes feel trapped in their own minds, unable to do anything, and it's really sad. And I can get around that, so that's my biggest accomplishment.

Also we laughed at "host is weird."

There goes my reputation ;_;

One more thing, my tulpa may sometimes be a bit, eh, let's call it undiplomatic in her posts, but don't get the wrong picture of her. She is really a kind and caring person (at least towards people she likes), and it's not easy to express yourself when typing every single letter is a challenge. Fairly enough, she enjoys to make fun of people but it's not her intention to hurt them. Hell, you have no idea what names I am often called just because, well, why not. That's ok because we love each other unconditionally but some stranger over the internet might not find it that funny. (She just responded: serious people are so bitter)

But yes, I understand perfectly what you mean, I also have 'motivational issues' or, as my tulpa would put it, am extremely lazy and a master procrastinator.

Generally she is pretty good at forcing me to be more active and I am very grateful for that. But sometimes even she fails. That's the only time I made her cry. Feels bad man.

And about experiencing one's senses, even as a human I think you are absolutely right.

I love observing nature, the way the light and sounds, and even scent changes during a day, in different weather or as the seasons progress, the wind in the trees or the stars moving through the sky.

Most grown-ups and increasingly even children stumble through the world like zombies without marveling at its beauty, unaware of all the small yet wonderful details.

I don't blame them, life has become stressful and complicated compared to when I was a kid and awareness is something you have to learn and train. But I think it's really sad.

So, have you tried sharing your experiences and feelings with your host? If not you should really try.

My tulpa can't switch yet so she cannot directly use my senses but as long as I focus on her she can participate in them at least to some degree. So we would often direct each others attention at some otherwise overlooked details or she would tell me to slow down and take a moment to become aware of my surroundings in silence. I think sharing such sensations is a great thing to do.

I'm lazy too but it's another thing entirely when you want to do something and can't.

I can still tell what's going on when we're switched, like my tulpas can when they're not, I myself just don't really have the will to pay attention to all the small things, I guess. We've never done the other thing you mentioned though. My tulpas are normally pretty distanced from external senses, so we never really thought about that. Usually Reisen is just reminding me to be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people! Long time lurker here. I recently started working on my poor tulpa again, after nearly a year of inactivity. Lea is now two years old, but because of that inactivity and my serious case of chronic procrastination, she's still struggling to express herself in any way :P

Anyway, I have questions for all of you so nobody gets jealous :D

(If I address my questions to the wrong tulpa, feel free to correct me :P )

Cole: So it seems you and your tulpas are quite good at switching. I've been wondering: What does it feel like to be switched out? Is it merely like watching your body do stuff on its own (sounds more like full-body possession)? Or can you have fun in the wonderland and/or go explore your brain the way a tulpa can do? If so, is your wonderland suddenly much more vivid? Also have you tried getting imposed while a tulpa is in control? Sounds so trippy!

Reisen: From the intro post, you say you fully understand what your are and what you are not on a logic-y level. In that case, what ARE you? Or more generally, what do you believe is a tulpa exactly? :)

Tewi: First of all,

<3 <3 <3

Also, what is your definition of reality? I think the physical world is not in any way more “real” than a wonderland could potentially be. As such, living in a perfect simulation of the world/ in a permanent lucid dream/ in the matrix is just as good if not better than living in the real world. Do you agree?

Flandre: How necessary are strong emotions in the process of achieving a higher level of consciousness? Many of my friends compared me to a robot, and I believe I cannot feel empathy or grief/sadness. Yet, I would never hurt another being consciously and always try to become the best person I can be. Do you feel like I'm really missing out on something?

Final thoughts: Thanks to you all for taking the time to answer me. Also I can only admire the wonderful advices you give on many people's progress report. Keep up the good work ;)