Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have in the past (Flandre doesn't like being sat on). Recently I stopped doing so because imposition requires focus and obviously I should be focusing on something else while sitting in class.

And as far as I'm concerned, they already do. My career will in some way-shape-or-form involve personal development, as that's what I base my life around. My tulpas have been my most valuable tools for working with my mind, often just by being people to talk to. You could consider some posts I make on this forum a small part of my "career", and they help with those sometimes too. Well, they make their own sometimes, too. But yes. Our career is simply to help improve peoples' lives in the best way that we can, of course they'd want to help.

And uh, no air guitar.. Though Flandre did the TF2 Pyro's melee taunt while I was thinking about how unlikely it was they'd ever do that.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

My tulpas don't really do much normal-people stuff to be honest, if we're not specifically spending time together or practicing imposition they're sort of just around.

It's pretty much the same for me. When I'm not chatting with them or or they're chatting with someone else, they seem to be just around, though sometimes I can't talk because they're off in the wonderland too. There are certain people they talk to, some of them, and they get more active when they are around, but other than that, they're off in their own little world.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpity. I'm making a new tulpa (recently named Lucilyn Suwa, original name + inspiration's namesake) but she's not quite ready to answer questions yet. But, since most of my time has been going to her, I figure it'd help keep the others active if I revived this thread.

I know there are a few other ask threads

(Mine's the original!)

, but remember this was less to learn about my tulpas and more to answer questions that you specifically wanted to ask a tulpa. Which could be pretty much anything, I guess. But obviously we'll answer personal questions too, if you'd prefer that.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'd like to ask Flandre about Lucilyn.

What is she like and what do you think about her? And what about having another tulpa in general?

Flandre: Huh, wonder why you asked me. We haven't really talked much with Lucilyn yet, but the mind's pretty open so I can talk about her anyway. I think she's kind of like who I was supposed to be when I was created - excited, happy, that stuff. But since my role now is more to be the most human of the group, giving advice and answering questions and doing the things Reisen and Tewi don't, there's space for someone like her. Even though I see some of myself, or past self, in her, I don't really feel jealous. She's doing the motivation stuff that would be too much of a stretch for any of us to do at this point. I can't say much more about my relationship to her though because we haven't even really met yet.

As for her generally existing.. I saw a lot of people in the "Number of Tulpas" thread say they'd never make more than one, or they had and didn't like it. That seems a bit sad to me. When you have more it feels like a family, and when you all specifically have different purposes you can work together really well. I'm hopeful that Lucilyn can fix some of the problems we've had for.. well, forever. It's quite a responsibility she's being given. If it wasn't apparent, Lumi doesn't make up exactly who or why we are, we do what you'd call "deviating" based on our purpose. Lucilyn was made with ideas like being an excited, less annoying alarm clock(joke, but true in a sense) and getting him to think more positively when he needed it. But after last night, it seems like she's going to do a lot more - they want to rework the source of the problems, which means completely overwriting a lot of base behaviors. It's quite an undertaking I could only compare to Reisen helping him through depression, and I've certainly done nothing like that.

Well, this is starting to be a lot of text, and it probably hurts to look at (we might update these color codes soon). Basically, she seems young (mostly because she's literally a week old, but partly because she looks like this) considering the importance she's being given. But she's catching on fast, and I think we'll be able to help too.

I feel like I should mention this endeavor isn't something we'd really talk about in a progress report, definitely not a reason to make one. It's about his life, not tulpamancy. But you asked, and we're always willing to talk if people are willing to listen.

On a side note, I wonder why no one else posts here. It's been long enough for everyone to see it.. And we appreciate questions about ourselves, but remember you can ask literally anything you'd want to ask any tulpa, not just us. It's a Q&A, not a progress report, though it certainly feels like one when you ask about our development =P

Huh, wonder why you asked me

my role now is more to be the most human of the group, giving advice and answering questions

Well, there you have it. Also Reisen herself posts a lot more than you do so it's nice to read something from the others as well.

About having more tulpas, I guess it's just like having kids IRL. It's quite a big responsibility and you should make sure you are able to adequately care for them. I agree having some sort of tulpa 'family' sounds nice but I feel I am barely able to give one tulpa enough attention. We've talked about this issue and for now Ido is quite happy to be the only one.

And I'm sorry this thread doesn't get the amount of attention you hoped for, but it seems to have started quite a trend. For my part I often wonder why tulpas are so passive and don't ask questions or talk to each other more often. Ido does comment on other threads every now and then but mostly thinks it's a waste of time and would rather see me in wonderland or improving her abilities than online.