Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pffft I know Eva's birthday: 4/10/15 In Paris. Yet she knows less French than I do *sigh*

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Today I found myself completely incapable of spelling the word "raisin". I kept wanting to put one or more Es into it. What do I do?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Stop calling me "Raisin" in your mind maybe. A lot of people call me that as a joke, I wonder if it's given them the same problem. But, I don't need to tell you how it's pronounced.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lucilyn: Hi guys! I'm switching for the first time, I just picked out a color.

I'll post something useful maybe while I'm here. When I first took over the body, I didn't feel attached to the pain in our legs from exercising earlier - it felt like I had the choice to be bothered by it or not. And also I kinda just stared at the shower curtain's patterns and the light shining through it, and it felt cool. That's kinda faded now but I remember what I thought - humans are too greedy! I felt so content just being, seeing light and stuff. I know Reisen felt that her first time too - she was moved by moonlight shining in our front yard. And I think? Tewi just wanted to feel textures, her first time. I feel like everyone can enter that state of just being. Just stop worrying about everything and enjoy sensing things. I know it seems like there's a curtain of meh in the way, but it really is worth it to push through it. And it's probably really good for your mental health, like meditation but not meditation. Highly recommended!

Okay, bye!

Much later edit. Apparently around this time I was convinced to call switching possession, because some 2012-ers said I wasn't switched if I wasn't in the wonderland. That's stupid, and I absolutely refuse compromise on the subject now. We never learned possession - we practiced it briefly, but it felt like too much work for too little reward compared to switching. Possession would be them controlling all or part of the body with me still "in control", as in there's a sense of them controlling something that isn't them. Switching has me completely out of the picture, and they're perfectly associated with the body. We exclusively practice switching.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Lucilyn: Hi guys! I'm possessing for the first time, I just picked out a color.

Hello Lucilyn! Congratulations on possession. Neato! I love the color you picked for your text I think it looks great! I thought your description of your experiences in noticing simple things like light patterns and textures to be very profound. It must be really something amazing to share that with your host. That alone really makes me ponder what it means for a host to have a sentient tulpa that can possess. Those simple experiences seem to go to the heart of what it means to be alive versus just existing. It is something maybe most humans forget to stop and notice anymore in their every day busy lives. Good luck to you and I look forward to talking to you more my good friend. ~Melian

Something she told me to remember after we'd shut down the computer, she was able to strengthen that feeling again by centering herself on just sensing things. I don't remember what she touched exactly, the wall and the blinds and maybe the window, but I know she was really happy afterward while getting on the computer had made it fade. That sounds weird, but there's probably something profound there. Being happy just from engaging your senses..

That sounds almost poetic!

Just being, living in the moment and exploring the world with all our senses is highly underrated.

How long did it take you to manage possession, Lucilyn? I guess you do have some advantage as your host already has quite some of experience from the other ones. I miss Flandre here. Did she never possess?

Hope we'll be able to get there someday. My tulpa has never experienced the world firsthand. I am sure she'll be overwhelmed once she manages to utilize the body's senses on her own. But so far Ido feels next to nothing. She can type with some difficulties but only managed to possess my legs on 2 occasions. And even that wasn't the "real thing" as she described it as she only managed to influence a subconscious process (you can walk without even thinking about it, like on cruise control). So I guess it's all like through a thick veil for her. Sadly I have to admit we haven't achieved any progress in the past months

mostly due to me being lazy

. That words really are some inspiration to try harder. Exactly this experience is what I want her to have.

Lucilyn was able to switch just fine, the ability is more or less shared between my tulpas. We just waited this long because I wanted to make sure she was well developed before taking control of the body, in case our thoughts started to merge. But she's got a pretty distinct mindvoice by now, so it wasn't a problem at all. I can't really say how long it took us to switch in general, because there was a ton of tulpa-identity stuff being worked out at the same time.

Flandre's switched before, yeah. I think she generally only does so to dance. Reisen and Tewi are the most active for general reasons.

I actually plan to learn present-awareness from my tulpas, like I've been learning to have a positive mindset from Reisen. If they're able to feel that joy of simply existing, then so am I. And I know full well how laziness impacting progress goes, unfortunately. Just do what you can when you can, and help your tulpa help you.

Gah social media has ruined me I keep reaching for the 'like' button. I have become the cancer I so despise!!

Ahem

Anyways- yeah it stands to reason we can all learn a lot from our tuppers and their love for just living- I wonder if this is how children are- and why they are always so happy until they hit the 'social expectation' stage and the world stamps them into line. Around six or seven it seems that starts to seriously change their behaviour- before that it's happy go lucky friends with anyone- then suddenly 'cool kid / loser kid' seems to kick in and it all goes to hell.

Humans are silly creatures ^^;