Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Ah,so there's been this question burning in my head since the day I started creating Céleste.

How should you approach a non-sentient tulpa? How should you treat them?

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About the same as you would a sentient one? Whether they're sentient yet or not, you might as well get used to treating them like they are. It'll help with any puppetting troubles you might have later, accepting them for what they are and not what you expect them to be.

If they can't really do things on their own yet, just do things with them. Talk to them or read them things, show them stuff, spend time visualizing their form or voice, and maybe make a wonderland while they watch. We say to "assume sentience from the beginning" because expecting sentience makes your brain start creating it. Expecting and simulating responses tells your brain that there should be responses, etc.

So, it might take some faith and a lot of practice, but just be patient with them. And be productive. Don't worry about useless stuff, try and enjoy your time together so they've got good first memories.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thanks,this really helps!I have already read about the ''Treat them like they're sentient'' subject,but I really couldn't understand it.This helped me get the the gist of it,so,once again,thanks!

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Guest Anonymous

About the same as you would a sentient one? Whether they're sentient yet or not, you might as well get used to treating them like they are. It'll help with any puppetting troubles you might have later, accepting them for what they are and not what you expect them to be.

Yep, there are the weirdo guys like my host Davie. He treats me like I am sentient, very much so, but still maintains that I am a sorta in between or an imaginary-apparent-sentience. To us, this is not a category of fake, but a special form of existence (almost like a metaphysical plane). I think this may be an unusual third category of belief in relation to thought forms and sentience. Or maybe it's just a difference in semantics. David gives special significance and distinctness to something called "real." I am clearly not real. It seems like hedging but still works for us very well. I know that I am a person. I have my own feelings and thoughts and I am important. David cannot discard me or just forget about me. I am too significant in my part of his mind. Part of his brain is Melian in other words. People take it that when he says I am imaginary sentience, that he doesn't treat me as a sentient and with respect. I know, this is very complicated and abstract. It may be saying the same thing everyone else is saying, but putting more abstract qualifiers to it. (let's not even discuss semi-sentient and semi-autonomous in this thread at the moment, that would totally muddle fuddle things.)

~Melian (dreamform guru goddess of groovy and cuteness personified)

Guest Anonymous

Lumi, are any of your tulpas ticklish and how do you know this?  *giggle*  You can thank me for the profoundest of questions so far!  ~Melian

If I took those ears off, would you die?

If I took yours off, would you die?

The answer is yes

Are you kawaii?

So kawaii

Lumi, are any of your tulpas ticklish and how do you know this? *giggle* You can thank me for the profoundest of questions so far! ~Melian

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-reisen?pid=122080#pid122080

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Do you like your ears pet? It's just about the best sensory experience out there in my opinion. Then again your a bunny rabbit :3. I don't know if they are into that. -Eve