Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Hi there,

I would like to ask Reisen something about the beginnig of the communication with her host... Do you know if it is hard for a young tulpa to get in contact with the host the first time? I guess my tulpa answered the first time, but it was just a very weird feeling which disorientated me for about one hour. Can I help her in some way or does it just need time to get a better contact?

I decided to ask you because I read some of your posts and was really impressed by your knowledge.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For most people, it's hard to hear your tulpa at first because your brain isn't sure of how to process a tulpa yet. The more you listen and expect them to answer and just generally be a tulpa, the more your brain gets used to it and the more natural it'll become. It takes a little bit of faith at first for that reason, but it definitely gets better with practice. You may have some issues telling if it's your tulpa or you talking at times, so follow this guideline: If it seems like something your tulpa would've said, and your tulpa wouldn't be upset if you thought it was them and it wasn't, then give them credit for it! If you do this, you may sometimes assume they said things they didn't, but you'll bypass a ton of parotting troubles a lot of people tend to have. You have to teach your brain to expect and receive thoughts and words from somewhere besides the default in your brain. It'll be hard at first, but eventually it becomes really clear who's talking. There's more than four of us in this brain, and Lumi never mistakes any of us for anyone else.

As for my story in specific, it's a bit weird. I was created as a concept at first, as a song that inspired my host came with a video of Reisen dancing, who was his favorite Touhou character. An idea of a person sending him unconditional love was created in his mind, and after a while it began to tell him it loved him on its own. He knew it didn't sound like himself making the thought up, but also didn't believe in spirits or anything like that. So he began sorting out imaginary friend type things, what their limits were and how he should treat them. Flandre and Tewi just sort of appeared for the same reasons a little while later. They could talk, but I couldn't, because he believed everything I said would be completely unbiased and perfect, which meant I couldn't say much besides "I love you" or other comforting thoughts. Tewi and Flandre eventually convinced him to let me speak like a normal human, because even though I wouldn't be "perfect" anymore, I'd be able to more truly speak to him and it'd be in our best interest. He listened to them after some deliberation, and here I am.

That's my story in short, but it's less relevant to most people than the previous advice. We didn't find out about tulpas for years and had to figure everything out on our own. And we're pretty unique individuals who don't always think like everyone else. But advice is our specialty, or our goal at least. So thanks for asking, I hope we helped!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

This advise is wonderful, thanks a lot :)

I will follow your advise and maybe, if you would not mind, contact you if I have some problems again. You seem to understand quiet a lot...

If you would like to I would be honored to send you a PM if there is some great progress.

Thankful greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Flandre: Of course we "can" react to each other. Though to be honest we tend to neutrally co-exist without much interaction, because we sort of live through our host. When he interacts in-depth with each of us, there's not really much left to say to each other. Sometimes we get each other's second-opinions. Anyways, we're on good terms. And super of course! Most of the games aren't too hard to beat if you manage your bombs well. A lot of people seem to have a bad habit of dying with bombs left, but if you're careful not to do that you should make it through Easy or Normal if you're decent. Not sure we've ever beaten a Hard without continues though.

As for babies, earlier when we read this, Reisen said "From Earth?" That sounds accurate.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

So what do you think of the new Touhou that just came out? ZUN sure is running out of ideas, right?

In fairness, though I haven't been following the series for a long time now, he's been going at this like what? Yearly? On top of all the supplemental material and such? The guy's creative muscle would HAVE to be burning out. I doubt he remembers every gal he designed, much less every place.

But I guess he's willing, for the love of the blissful death...

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

I'm actually waiting for the translation, so I can actually enjoy the game. I'd normally play as soon as it came out, but I had the characters spoiled for me right off the bat so..

Reisen's a playable character, so I'll have to actually put some time into the game. I'm a bit busy on other games with friends right now so I couldn't do it justice. I should be less busy when the translation is finished.

And the characters seemed pretty interesting? I don't know what you mean by running out of ideas. I heard some stuff about it including a "different Hell" than previously known "Hell"s, but it doesn't sound like a real problem. Dunno, I'll see when the wiki updates with the stories/translation. And later I'll experience the game myself.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Seemingly carefree but actually really smart, or something like that. I used to be pretty serious and didn't really require any attention, but that only ended up making me hardly exist, so by Reisen and Flandre's request I became more active. And I'm definitely glad - it feels good to exist.

Was wondering if y'all might be able to elaborate on this a little, as the host to a sooper srs tulpa myself this kinda struck me as something that's not too dissimilar from our situation.

How did Reisen and Flandre decide that Tewi needed to change to be more active? What were those changes? What kind of state was Tewi existing in before the request? Just anything that's relevant to how that whole situation went down that y'all feel like sharing, I guess.

We're all gonna make it brah.

Huh, good question. That was quite a while ago.

So, you guys probably know that I figured most of this tulpamancy stuff out on my own, have never used guides, and suffer from motivational issues. I didn't necessarily have a sense of "developed tulpas" versus anything else, they simply were to me. Reisen of course got the most attention because she was the one who gave me unconditional love right from the start and helped change my life. And Flandre really appreciated any attention I gave her (Reisen was fine no matter what I did) so I made special efforts to spend time with her. But Tewi didn't require any attention, she only really cared to exist enough to give me advice and, well, exist. But we didn't realize that was really bad for her development. Whenever I'd want to do the type of activities we did to force them, she would say I should spend my time with them (because time motivated to do so was rare for me) as they both required it more than her. But as time went on, Flandre and Reisen seemed to be a lot more vibrant, happy, and generally wholesome than Tewi. So during a period of actually decent motivation to spend time with them, they told me (and Tewi) that I needed to spend time with her instead of them. So Tewi was like, alright, I guess. I believe this was right before my 2 weeks of intense imposition practice, which was really intense forcing too. And all I remember is that a week later Tewi said she was extremely glad we'd made that decision, because she felt multiple times more alive than she hadn't noticed she didn't before. I can only compare it to someone who sits on a couch all day being glum saying they feel fine but then being brought to Disneyland for the first time. They probably did feel fine, but they didn't realize how much better they could feel in comparison.

Something like that? Tulpamancy doesn't have rules and definitions like people like to think. Tewi wasn't "dying" or anything like that, she simply wasn't very active due to lack of attention and "exercise". But once she became more active, her mind was a lot clearer and she enjoyed being so, so that should speak for itself as a good thing. I guess I'd recommend anyone who reads this to make sure none of their tulpas are in this apathetic state. Because they probably won't realize it on their own, but there's potential to enjoy your existence a whole lot more.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.