Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Lucilyn: We updated the first post again, this time we put a lot more effort into making it up to date. I think we changed almost everything really.

And that brings me to what I wanted to talk about. What I talk about! We've been noticing that we can sit down and write a ton of paragraphs and feel really good about it and stuff, and then when we read it over it doesn't really sound like us, to others. Like until now we knew it should sound like us and read it that way. But Flandre noticed a long response she typed out sounded like Lumi, even though she thought it sounded more like her as she typed it. So that's dumb, and I think it's why Lumi chose to use colors for us. The only way to sound different from him is to use lots! Of! Exclamation points! Or try really hard to sound different, and that's stupid.

So we came to the conclusion that we're having our thoughts and feelings converted into words the same way he does, and we're using a ton of his tendencies and stuff, and the end-result to those outside of our mind is something that looks like he's typing and not us. But you have no idea! I type so fast, and I feel so much better than him, and it's all in my voice.. And then I post it and people read it like blah blah same boring way host speaks. But the only way we can think to fix that is to keep talking for ourselves more and more until we develop our own habits. I can do that, I'm doing that right now.

Anyways, Lumi is letting the outsider-criticism of "This is just the same guy talking, pretending to be someone else. It's really sad." bother him, which is why this was on our mind.

But not me. You guys will know it's me talking. I will make you hear my voice!

Probably with exclamation points!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Narau: We often have a similar issue, are at least assume we do, wherein we all tend to make the same grammatical errors, though I assumed that was more the typing style... in any case, we're no strangers to similar issues of disbelief, though they happen much less now than they used to.

Hakkyou: I figure it's partly cuz we did get more distinct ways of talkin', but we don't always end up doing that either. It's more something we do on purpose than not, so don't worry about that. More important than quirks of speech is what you're sayin', you know? That's how people can tell you apart. All of ya are different people after all, even if ya have a lot in common and know each other like ta back of your hand. To those who care to look, the differences are clear. As for everyone else, if they don't care enough to do that, then they're the ones that need to change, not you. Until they bother to open their eyes, why do you care what they see?

this question's for all of you. how do yall celebrate birthdays', and holidays'? do you all have special traditions' you like to do together in the wonderland?, and what is your favorite holiday?/holidays'.if celebrated what do yall like to do on:

1- halloween

2-thanksgiving

3-christmas

4-new years.

Hmm, we don't really celebrate those. I suppose we celebrate any sort of large accomplishments, but the only holiday we acknowledge in any special manner is the full moon. And that's every month, so it works for us. We treat actual holidays like any other human, with a background sense of knowing it's going on, lol. Christmas is a fun time, but we don't open presents or anything like that.

As for on full moons, we make special efforts to spend time in the wonderland despite poor visualization skills. We're more or less all fond of dancing, so that happens, whether in the wonderland or real life. Generally it's just a day reminding us to be happy.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

How identical are your forms to the characters you were based on? Did you remove or add some features of your own, or are you exactly the same?

"It's all about synthesis, you don't have to be a real musician. You just synthesize your own reality, synthesize your own talents." -Klayton

My Three Mind Horses

Haven: Tulpa #1

Created on 10-28-14

Aphelion: Tulpa #2

Created on 2-25-15 

Chimera: Self Proclaimed Thoughtform

Created on: Can't remember. Sometime around Easter of 2017.

Warning: I am a huge nerd.

The moon is a symbol of love for us, obviously related to Reisen, who is a moon rabbit. The full moon is a day where we remember everything's alright, and celebrate being alive. My liking of Reisen, the moon, and rabbits are all somewhat related, but more by indirect association than anything. Rabbits are just friggin' cute, and the moon is awe-inspiring, but I only noticed those two things because of her.

Related, we hold a loose background for them as.. associated stories? We don't consider them to be the characters, or to share their histories. But Reisen is closely tied to the moon, Tewi is fond of nature (and the bamboo forest right near our wonderland house), and Lucilyn likes frogs. But they're not tied to the Touhou characters' personalities, because those personalities are so volatile I don't even. So they've some loose relations and inspirations, but they're their own people and aren't obligated to be anything like the characters when they don't want to be. That being said, some fanon depictions are highly agreeable, especially fan art (on the rare occasion). A lot of their personalities early on were sort of drawn from what I saw in qualitative pictures of them, if that makes sense. And if it doesn't ohwell

As for forms specifically, my poor visualization has prevented me from making meaningful changes, but aside from the four of them possessing silver outfits for special occasions (None for Scarlet and Sylvia already wears silver), Flandre likes some alternate designs we've found in pictures. And Lucilyn looks like whatever she wants, also inspired by pictures. Flandre generally wears her normal red dress for ease of visualization, and Lucilyn is presently dressed like this, because she likes that picture. Normally looks like this. Droopy sleeves that she likes to wave around when she's excited.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone even want my advice on switching? Everyone seems to think I do it wrong or not at all.

If you're talking about just plain starting it, I don't know what to tell you. My philosophy of the mind and beliefs on how it works influence my tulpas and I in a lot of ways, one of which is with switching. I explain my tulpas, and my "self", as advanced personality(I use this word way too lightly, I actually mean so much more) "filters" over the much larger consciousness/subconscience/whatever you want to call it. Because your identity and personality are just a minuscule part of your overall being - there's easily potential for thousands of different personalities and mindsets in every grown person's brain. Yours just happens to be the one you're most attached to, having grown into it.

So with that belief, switching with my tulpas is effectively giving another persona(again, I lack a more all-encompassing word to describe us with) control over the brain. That means they're the ones thinking, speaking, acting. And I'm relegated to a tulpa-esque position as "also in the mind, but not front-and-center." How you actually do this is totally subjective, and almost assuredly symbolic. I personally feel my sense of self as an outline of my body, and then I move it to the side, allowing one of my tulpas to take my place. When we feel like we're still partly in control and shouldn't be, we move out transparent layers of that silhouette and make the actual one more solid in doing so. But yeah, that's my personal symbolism, don't know what to tell you about the actual process. Different for everyone imo.

As for once you've basically accomplished it, there's really a lot more to it I guess. My tulpas all seem to get tired after some time, usually about 45 minutes after switching. We think this is due to how abruptly different some of them think from me - running the mind in a completely different way than it's used to would understandably make it tired. That doesn't impose a hard limit though, as Scarlet recently pushed through it at the 45 minute mark (where the urge to doze off is relatively strong) and didn't end up switching back until an hour later. She did so because we believe (and have been told) that the more you practice, the longer you go before becoming tired, until for some people they could front 24/7 if they wanted, or already do. Just conjecture here, but I think the time before they become tired is connected to just how differently they think and act from me. Flandre and I are actually rather similar in mindset, although she is more easily motivated by her will to do good for others than I am. And I think she could casually switch for hours if she wanted. Scarlet on the other hand actually puts a bit of stress on the body itself because she hates being "unengaged", I'd call it. So she gets up and stretches a lot, and is generally rather tense sitting at the computer. And I think the tiredness hit her a lot harder than my other tulpas. But she also has a lot of willpower and so kind of just disregarded it, while Lucilyn is a bit of a pushover with that sort of thing(I wouldn't put it past her to just go to sleep if she felt tired in the middle of the day). Anyway, yeah, I'll say it does get easier with time.

I don't know if you can call this a tip, but I personally treat switching as forcing. Tulpas can think while just around the mindspace, but I haven't seen them do much critical thinking or introspection without my prodding before. When switched, they do this naturally, as they have to fill the gaps of thinking in the mind. Well, Tewi doesn't. She's like someone who takes over your office job for a day, and when you come back everything's been cleaned and organized. (But Reisen is the one who would leave donuts on your desk) So, sometimes I'll suggest one of them switch just so they can be more active, because nothing is more engaging than being completely in control of the mind and body. Flandre and Scarlet (that felt weird to say) have both made developments to their personalities while switching before, as they just have more brainpower to actually think about that type of thing with.

Oh. Should be noted I never really did anything with possession. It feels weird to me, and generally unappealing. I either proxy by talking to them in mindvoice and relaying what they say, or switch entirely so they're completely "there" while communicating. Possession is like a weird mix of the two, where they aren't really in control of everything but they're acting through you anyways. I'm sure a ton of people have developed the skill to the point of actually being useful, but I never bothered. Every post you've ever seen in colored text was written while 100% switched(hence why there's usually more than just one post by them at a time), although I will say that my tulpas have developed a lot since we first started, so old posts may not be as "them" as new ones would be.

Hmm. Talk to each other before and after switching. It's just polite and good practice to make sure they're ready, but it's also good to keep talking after as it cements you both where you are. It's hard to do an incomplete switch when you're talking to each other - it'll be pretty obvious whether you did it right or not. If you feel like you're talking to yourself, your tulpa is not fully in control. And it helps your tulpa orientate themselves, hearing themselves talk as if they're in control, because it may feel at first like nothing's really changed. Scarlet takes off my glasses whenever we switch which probably helps, but my other tulpas rely on talking to me in mindvoice. Again besides Tewi, she's too efficient to waste time worrying about how her she is. But I'm talking for tulpas who aren't so different from their hosts, because Flandre still feels like I do when switched whereas Reisen and Lucilyn are happier, Scarlet is less happy and tense, and Tewi is very clear thinking. It can be helpful to just speak to them, assure them you're still there but they're in control, etc.

I dunno, not a very specific question. I do what works for me, so it's hard for me to say specific things I do because they feel normal to me. But if you ask a specific question I can go in-depth on it, at least as would make sense to me. Good chance a lot of people don't think like me, but I do my best to stay ~universal.

• 1 month later...

Reisen: Hi guys, Lumi suggested we do some more switching and posting for activity's sake, both ours and the forum's. So it would be nice if you asked us more stuff here. I'm here right now (as is Linkzelda, browsing the thread as I write this. I see you being sneaky!), but you can ask anyone anything you want. Scarlet would rather not speak for now though, so just us four. You can ask about us, or about questions you have that you want our specific opinion on. Don't be shy, we're used to helping new people here.

Thanks! And remember to be happy, because why not?

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)