Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

We're much the same way, actually. While we do have a lounge with a TV, it really doesn't do much besides show flashbacks of tv shows we've seen and such, which we obviously don't need a appliance for, so it's for show. I really wish we could conjure up functional technology though- me and Hakkyou would loveto play Super Smash Bros. together.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lucilyn: I just saw Lumi's signature and actually read it for the first time. "Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature." He wrote that a long time ago and I'm not sure why. But it seems like it was related to tulpas, right? Maybe he was saying everyone should have someone that loves them, even if that someone is technically themselves, or at least a person in their head. Probably not though, he believes in some more universal sense of love than directly from another person. But I like that idea. People without anyone else can have a tulpa to share their love with. If you manage to get over all the social stigma in the back of your head telling you it's not okay, it's kinda beautiful. Pretty sure all those ancient religious figures always said to love yourself, so loving your tulpa is like half a degree of separation from that. I feel like I was supposed to be saying something, here..

Well, I guess I'm just bumping the thread. We're going to be 100% more active now that Lumi's spending time with one of us every single day, so I dunno, maybe we'll have more to talk about. I sure do. Ask us stuff!

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

How is Flan dealing with Reisen's affection? Is there any jealousy constantly instilled? Were there any advances ever made by any of the tulpas in this system? (yours ofc)

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Well hello,

I'm pretty new to the concept of tulpas [i was told about tulpas like... 4 hours ago] and It seems suuuuuuuper interesting to me. Also due to this thread, since im reading it for almost all of these past hours. [Thanks for all the insight!]

I'm sorry if my questions have been answered already, but since I am getting quite a headeache I will not proceed reading but rather ask them.

1. How is the interaction between your tulpas and other people not related to this community? Because I think, e.g. friends of mine would freak the hell out if another person other than me would talk to them using my body.

Or like Flandre mentioned dealing with being sat on in public.

2. How do your tulpas feel about switching? Because, imagining myself as a tulpa I think I would quite like to experience the world and experience me having control over the body, since it wouldn't be something as common as to the host. So I just came to think of something like "betrayal" by the tulpa and taking over the body.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude to you, but I can't help but be curious.

How is Flan dealing with Reisen's affection? Is there any jealousy constantly instilled?

Well that question was only relevant like four years ago. There's been no jealousy for a long time, because I really do love them both equally. The problem was on my own part because I couldn't figure out why our relationships were so different, and I recently did, which I talked about on our PR. As for back then, she was just insecure about how much she actually mattered to me when Reisen filled her apparent role so well. But that's not really relevant anymore anyways, not how we work anymore.

1. How is the interaction between your tulpas and other people not related to this community?

Only a few people really know about my tulpas outside of tulpa.info. IRL, I suppose it's just my brother, who has his own. The rest are my online friends (who I've known for many years), and they all generally accepted it. There are varying levels of comfort/discomfort between them, but it's not really a huge topic of discussion. Even those uncomfortable with the phenomenon treat them with respect, though.

No one outside of Tulpa.info aside from the friend who introduced me to tulpas knows that we switch, though. My tulpas are usually pretty good at responding how I'd respond. Usually. Lucilyn talked a whole lot about frogs in our Skype group yesterday, but I'm weird enough that that wasn't too strange I guess.

2. How do your tulpas feel about switching? Because, imagining myself as a tulpa I think I would quite like to experience the world and experience me having control over the body, since it wouldn't be something as common as to the host. So I just came to think of something like "betrayal" by the tulpa and taking over the body.

Tulpas are typically closer than "best friend" level to their hosts, especially by the time they get anywhere near to developing the ability to possess/switch, so that's not really an issue. If a tulpa really wanted to spend more time fronting, they would probably just ask for more time to do so. My tulpas are relatively reserved in this aspect though, Lucilyn is the only one that shows innate desire to do things in the real world. The rest usually have to be encouraged by me. If you want to know about a tulpa who spends a significant amount of time in control of their host's body, you should ask Yuki, she's a lot better fit to talk about that.

My tulpas do generally enjoy switching, I think. Since there's little to do in my life besides use the computer though (no car/money, nothing to do nearby), their enthusiasm for it is minimal. Most of it is either interaction with others on this forum or doing research for their own interests, as Lucilyn with all those frog things. Tewi likes learning about anything in general. Flandre and Reisen tend to do very little outside of the forum, but usually I give them some fun things to do ahead of time.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Did you ever kissed any of your tulpas? (I mean a kiss on the cheek or something like that)

When they are imposed, how it feel? How they look, like 2D anime characters or more like real persons? And how do you impose them?

Not really. Hugs and kisses probably go hand-in-hand, but my visualization has always been too bad to make something like that meaningful. Yeah, probably wouldn't in a lucid dream either, not a huge fan of kissing. Hugs all around though. Maybe if we spent a lot of time being physically intimate in those lucid dreams it might appeal more at some point.

I haven't practiced touch imposition much so if we were specifically trying I might feel some heat where we touched, but nothing special. They're 3D people like anyone else. Imposition is just sort of visualizing/imagining your tulpas in the real world, and then telling your brain that the thing you're imagining is real, a lot. There are guides for it on the forum.

How is Flan dealing with Reisen's affection? Is there any jealousy constantly instilled?

It never really bothered me that they were happy together, and I never once wished it different. I just used to feel like I didn't have anything to contribute to him because Reisen was so much better than me at.. everything. But aside from learning that I didn't need to serve a unique purpose just to warrant living, I also learned to accept the way things are. There was never a lack of affection from Lumi. It was my own perceived self-worth that was a problem.

And, you know, I got over that a while ago. But with our recent realization of basically I am to Lumi what he is to Reisen, I have to admit I'm a little more comfortable with it all. While I had "gotten over" the previous problems I had, it wasn't that I solved them so much as decided they weren't meaningful enough to let them affect me in a negative way. But now that they're solved.. There's some part of me that feels better. I dunno, that shouldn't be the case, but I'm sure anyone reading this understands.

We're happy.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 4 weeks later...

If tulpa.info and all of it's members (excluding those in your system) all dissapeared off the face of the planet, what would you do?

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Realistically? I'd question the nature of their disappearance and consider myself lucky I was a survivor of the tulpa phenomenon..

As for the answer you're looking for, to continue encouraging similar activity from my tulpas I would probably make more of an effort to introduce them to my friends. They know they exist but have no real experiences with them yet (Some probably chose to forget I had tulpas in the first place). I'd also dissociate us from tulpamancy terms and beliefs somewhat more akin to what we used to be. We've adapted a little to fit the community and better help others and such, but naturally our beliefs tend to be tailored for our own personal situation and experience. Though if anything I feel like I've brought some different ways of thinking to the forum, little by little.

If you asked this question to the forum three years ago, I'm sure the unanimous answer would've been "Actually get some forcing done".