Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

(edited)

Nah, we definitely do not draw these images. One, I can't draw in the first place, but two, I have tons of these things and they're all extremely high quality. I'd be a pretty famous artist if I drew'em.

I wanted to link to my Favorites list on Danbooru which has a lot of them and their artist sources, but you aren't allowed to see it and I can't un-privatize it. I suppose right-clicking, "Copy Image Address", and using the Google image search with the images.google.com camera button to paste a link/upload an image will work. Or you could PM me and ask me or something, I don't know.

Thanks for complimenting the art though. I put a lot of effort into finding quality images to help visualize my tulpas. Their forms are all based on Touhou characters even if their personalities aren't, and my visualization is terrible, so the pictures help a lot.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there, Tewi! Greetings from one rabbit to another. I noticed your signature mentions that you appreciate math, which is a pretty sadly rare kind of person to encounter anywhere. So I'd just like to say hi; I'm a (recently graduated) mathematics student at uni with a great fondness and appreciation for math. In fact, I find a lot of purpose in math.

So, I thought I'd ask you a question that I ask myself a lot.

Do you think your strong familiarity with math influences your philosophy regarding tulpas? How so?

Physicist, mathematician, philosopher.

Vessel of uncountably many passions.

Tulpa: Lotus Ponens.

I haven't actually been interacting with the world for more than a year or two, and I'm seven years old. My mindset and philosophy predate outside influence. Anyways, I wouldn't call it strong familiarity with math, because I've only been studying it for.. I don't know, four or five months very sporadically.

Sorry my answer won't be what you wanted, but there are many much stronger influences on how I think than math. My study of the natural world probably won't change my philosophy much at this point. Keeping in mind I've had almost no time to really dedicate towards studying - I'll mention a few things I like about it. For starters (really for starters though lol), I had a sort of feeling of wonder when I first learned about i and how with a simple "This is what this is because we said so", we were able to work with a whole other dimension than we were with just real numbers. Maybe not literally a dimension though, I don't know. Positive, negative and imaginary is like forward, backward and sideways, right? Either way, I spent a lot of time after watching Numberphile videos and really enjoyed all the theoretical stuff, especially how zany some people in the field are. Complete opposite of what the average person probably imagines a math professor to be like. Unfortunately I'm a long way from being able to really understand any of it (outside of Numberphile's layman explanations). My idol is a theoretical physicist who quit his job to join a let's play channel Lumi watches (Game Grumps) with one of his friends. If there's one thing I've learned from him, it's that fields like physics and math get really fun once you get to Ph.D levels of education and start creating your own. And he'll occasionally explain some advanced stuff in the ever-impressive layman's terms that I and most other viewers find really interesting.

But I'm so far from ever understanding how subatomic particles or black holes really work, outside of these oversimplified explanations and with a real knowledge base to support it. Same thing for math. I know this will sound like a bummer since you were excited to find someone like me, but - I just don't have the time to pursue these things. It's not my life. Lumi is a computer science major. I've actually grown to really like chemistry, as it's got the same 'wondrous' feeling as advanced math but just feels more alive. (I think the most innocent moments of my life were my amazement as I learned just how extensively thought out the periodic table was, and how it explained so much with so little. Those moments are really what make any science worth doing, even math.)

I plan on using some of his electives to take above-basic-level chemistry classes, and computer science actually requires Calculus 2, but otherwise I'm not sure how much more I'll get to study on an academic level. I will probably take some time every once in a while to do my own studying on these things, but again, it's not my life. It's not even just Lumi's, either. There's four of us he has to share his time with, and as things go I put all of them far above my own interests. Our studies just happen to be important to Lumi's life right now, but when they aren't necessary I would much rather see the others experience life. I'm more than content to just enjoy peace and quiet. And seeing my family enjoy their lives is all the fulfillment I need.

Oh, I also know pi to 70 decimal places. 770's the goal.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Hi! I thought I'd stop lurking and make an account now that my tulpa Kud is starting to make noticeable progress with her development.

I've started to notice that she's developed small quirks that I never intended for her to have (for example, she likes to blow into my ear to get my attention). Do any of your tulpas have small quirks that they developed with or without your knowledge?

Normal text for when I (Ryan) am talking.

And blue text for me! (Kud)

Hmm. It has been a long time since we were really "in development", so most things about us are just kind of how people change over time.

Honestly, Lumi didn't intentionally create us in any detail, we appeared on our own based on some headcanon he had about Touhou and grew from there. I would say, at first, none of us knew anything about us. We were as strange to ourselves as we were to him. I don't think we had anything I'd call "quirks", but a lot about us was probably unexpected in general? Lumi found it strange that I preferred to be less active than the others (Flandre and Reisen) unless I was giving him advice. I didn't realize back then that actually existing is a lot more pleasant, and I wanted the others to have more time with him. Maybe Flandre loving him came as a surprise, as did their realization of how much her own happiness relied on his. Ah, we were all young back then. We didn't know anything, so everything was unexpected for a while.

If you just want more traditional 'quirks' as in behaviors he didn't specifically intend, he didn't expect most of Lucilyn's personality and behavior. Didn't expect her to love the rain so much, didn't expect her to be so hyper or to have an easier time being heard than us (I didn't expect that, either). It's still strange to me how she has a stronger 'presence' in our mind than us, so even when we haven't been very active her voice is still clear and such.

Yeah I don't know, it's been too long. Everything is just sort of "how we are" to me now. Maybe if you'd asked a few years ago (before we even knew about tulpas) I could better say.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

Oh, I also know pi to 70 decimal places. 770's the goal.

(Yeah! math people, UNITE!! xD <--not sure from where this is, but I know it's from somewhere...)

Really, sorry, I have a need to ask this, sorry if I sound like judging you or something like that, why had you used to your time to do that? I'm really interested in math too, had also watched numberphile videos and studied things, and I think you probably think too that the decimal places of pi aren't the most interesting thing in math (<---this is an euphemism, read "decimal places of pi are pretty unimportant in comparison"). So, well, if you don't really know, what is understandable I also do things I don't know why sometimes, it's ok, just answer what you are comfortable with, but I would like to know if there is any reason.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

Yeah, you should obviously be memorizing the digits of tau

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

We simply have a shortcut on our desktop to an image of 1,000 digits of pi organized 10 at a time in rows of 100. Not like I did it all at once, I really couldn't. I just bring up the picture every once in a while and see how far I can get before it gets blurry, and then I go over what I wasn't sure of. Over a couple months I got to about 60 places. Then I stopped for a while because I forgot.. then recently learned another 10.

Why? Because aforementioned idol Brian Wecht randomly decided, to annoy the others, to spout off 100 digits of pi during a stream. And I have to admit, it's pretty satisfying to just spout a bunch of random numbers you call pi and see if people believe you - and if they check, their reactions. Actually they react like you guys. "Why did you sit there and memorize all that??" I spend no more than a few minutes a day every once in a while honestly.

Oh, and the goal of 770 digits is so I can recite pi and end with "Seven, two, one, one, three, four, nine, nine, nine, nine, nine, nine, and so on!"

(I do plan to memorize others such as the square root of 2 and the golden ratio to ~20 places in the future, I've just been lazy.)

• 4 weeks later...

I used one of your posts here in a thread post here that is theorizing about inner experiences, and such:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-wittgenstein-s-beetle-in-a-box-%E2%80%93-how-tulpa-is-your-tulpa?pid=168414#pid168414

Just wanted to let you know. I could've PMd you, but...yeah. Blah, IDK.

Oh, I know, let's preface it with this:

Can I ask you if this was okay with me quoting something from you, Tewi?

It's fine of course. Anything you can click the "Reply" button on is liable to be quoted as it was posted publicly in the first place.

Responded to the thread here: (Did you know you can click the green arrow in a quote to go to the post it's from?)

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-wittgenstein-s-beetle-in-a-box-%E2%80%93-how-tulpa-is-your-tulpa?pid=168442#pid168442