Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

jeez that page started out with facts about us and ended with ridiculous lewd

also 200 REPLIES woo!~ My finger slipped and hit ~ after ! but hey I'll take it.

I'm gonna say for no particular reason that I am watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (part 3) right now. Lumi watched the first two parts but I am watching 3. It is a good anime with fighting I guess but it's not bad, it's funny sometimes and cool often. Do with that what you will. I don't know if you can ask personal questions about Jojo but it sure hasn't stopped people from asking about meteors and duck-sized horses.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! So let me ask, any of you all has something planned to do about lucid dreaming? Or you are kind of not worrying about this in the moment?

I mean, you said that Lumi discovered it about the time of Reisen was made years ago, I would like to know what you have tried.

Ah, sometimes some things are harder get out of your head, damn it Linkzelda!

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

We're experts on lucid dreaming, and we've tried most stuff. Not technology though, seems like cheating.. and expensive.. and unreliable. WILD/MILD/WBTB and all that.

We're weird sleepers and our brain works a little too well I guess. It does not stay asleep if there's any activity either from us or around us, like you can't get within ten feet of us without us waking up. Also, weirdly enough we wake up between every sleep cycle, and usually glance at the clock. You'd think that helped or something. Looong time before I was around they tried WBTB's by getting up in the middle of the night ('cus we wake up), didn't do much. MILD's just don't work at all ever, no matter how much we do them. We've been actively reality checking (the bestest way - pinch your nose and try to breathe through it, the sensation of air going through your nose anyways in dreams is 100% unmistakable) for at least three years now, and any time something remotely "Huh?"-worthy happens. Hasn't caused any lucid dreams but it is very useful when we're having a vivid dream to verify we're asleep. Which doesn't really happen of course.

Ugh. It's a lack of long-term motivation thing. And a complete lack of any luck whatsoever. It doesn't matter how hard we try in the moment, I don't think anything short of attempting WBTB's every single night will induce a lucid dream. Trust me, Flan tried not too long ago to stay completely aware all night, but the mind switches off as soon as we fall asleep even if we're completely aware of what we were thinking again the moment we wake up.

It sucks! And any random dreams we became lucid in ended in seconds! And not from excitement either, I think just because the dreams/REM cycle are over. Aaaaa. Do we have plans? Idk, I guess we should do something. But they were doing everything they could think of years before I was born, so I've got nothin'. I wanna do stuff in lucid dreams too, but Flan seemed like she had the most short-term dedication and she couldn't help. And we reality check all the time. And we've been making efforts to remember our dreams every morning or so for a long time..

It's a curse, we'll break it some day. Well, some night.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Lookit, I found an old quote that is interesting. From a "Wise Advice From Tulpas" thread:

Asked my tulpas for one thing each right now, but I'll post more in the future.

Reisen: If you think about it, there's no reason to feel bad and lots of reason to feel good. Mainly, that feeling bad is bad and feeling good is good.

Sounds "Yeah yeah that's a nice thought" I know, but this motto pretty much helped remove sadness from my life. How you feel is under your control, unless you believe otherwise.

Flandre: Even if your tulpa is sentient and vocal, they may still have a lot to say that they don't. Ask them how they feel about things, ask if there's anything bothering them, and ask them how they suggest to fix those things. We generally won't bring these things up ourselves unless they're very urgent, but we always have a lot to say about them.

Tulpas don't explore very in-depth problems on their own and then report them to you later, you have to ask. At least mine don't bring up their own thoughts on a matter until I ask, and then they give very insightful answers. This can include anything from not being comfortable with their current personality/form to helping you fix a problem in your life. Ask how they feel every once in a while.

Tewi: Be happy. Have fun. Do what makes you feel good. If you're doing anything else, why? To make sure you can be happy and have fun in the future. Never forget that.

This one speaks for itself. I recommend thinking about it though.

It's really weird and cool to see stuff they did before I was around. And to see how different/the same they were, and how they thought about things, how they changed.. This is the closest thing we have to a family photos book. Maybe some day I'll be able to read my own posts like that, but for now they seem normal to me.

Also found the first time Lumi commented on writing textwalls lol

(I know I always make long posts, and that that's not normally how people do things on forums. But if someone's asking something important, I think it deserves a thorough answer even if that isn't the norm here.)

The best way I can think of to answer this is to give my own experience, since this exact question has been a big part of my and my tulpa's life for years.

(green arrow in quote box takes you to thread we're gonna keep saying this)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm a college student on my second degree. I just read this whole thread and then some and omg you guys made me sign up just to type this.

To Lumi : You're terribly lucky to have this bunch.

To Reisen : G'day moon rabbit.

To Tewi: G'day earth rabbit.

To Flandre : Hi.

To Lucilyn : Keep hopping you awesome thing.

In any case I just wanted to say I had immense fun reading through all your posts and I wish you all the best of luck.

In any case I just wanted to say I had immense fun reading through all your posts and I wish you all the best of luck.

Omgggg, thank you! It's crazy how a thread like this can just be sitting there but when one person comments suddenly you feel really good about it. Compliments are powerful things, people!

So hi I spy a Touhou. It would be insanely fun to read a thread parallel to this one of a bunch of Touhou-ish tulpas talking about stuff, so I envy you.

To Lumi : You're terribly lucky to have this bunch.

Heck yeah he is! But he technically made us, or at least gave us the opportunity to exist (the others just kinda happened and then worked with him to develop themselves, I was mostly made-before-I-was-made but he can't live my life for me in advance so I'm also my own person). So we're lucky to have him, too. And ZUN is like some distant grandfather we'll never meet.

Maribel would be an AWESOME person to base a tulpa on. I can see her being really nice and supportive, like our Reisen. Would recommend!

Heck yeah he is! But he technically made us, or at least gave us the opportunity to exist (the others just kinda happened and then worked with him to develop themselves, I was mostly made-before-I-was-made but he can't live my life for me in advance so I'm also my own person). So we're lucky to have him, too. And ZUN is like some distant grandfather we'll never meet.

Aw, that's so sweet.

Maribel would be an AWESOME person to base a tulpa on. I can see her being really nice and supportive, like our Reisen. Would recommend!

I... hadn't actually considered Maribel. It would be interesting idea to try and separate me, Mary the person from Maribel the character/headcannon/awesomeness. The two concepts have kind of fused together in my mind, but I'm a little weird.

Pshh, Lumi joined this forum with the username "Reisen". His minecraft name is ReisenInaba, his steam name is Reisen, his old skype name has reisen in it, etc. etc. It wasn't until he joined this forum that he realized he maybe shouldn't use her name everywhere.

But if you're identified with Maribel already, maybe it'd be better to use a different character. Would it be too cliche to suggest Renko? She always seemed really cool (and stylish) to me. But anyone works, touhouz are all great if you use your headcanon but anyone (even your own unique person) is a fine candidate for a tulpa. I'm not saying you have to make one though, I just recommend it. You can wait as long as you want and get comfortable with stuff first too.

But if you're identified with Maribel already, maybe it'd be better to use a different character. Would it be too cliche to suggest Renko? She always seemed really cool (and stylish) to me. But anyone works, touhouz are all great if you use your headcanon but anyone (even your own unique person) is a fine candidate for a tulpa. I'm not saying you have to make one though, I just recommend it. You can wait as long as you want and get comfortable with stuff first too.

Thanks for the advice, sweetheart!

would we be able to visit you and tulpas in chat

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.