Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Hello! This is the Beginner that PMed you, and I feel very encouraged to see this forum. Here's a question: If I ever succeeded in making a tulpa, would they get hurt/angry if I don't wish to share their existence with my loved ones and friends? I've already brought up tulpas to one of my internet friends, and she shut if down immediately. I'm afraid of facing an experience like that in the future, with more family and friends. I don't want to be ashamed of my tulpa, but I don't want people to think I'm crazy because tulpacy is not common knowledge...any advice?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-your-tulpas-your-friends-and-you We've had lots of threads on the topic, here's the most recent one. Definitely read the posts and don't just look at the poll though. You should only tell people if you have a reason to, if you don't know how they'll react. If you know they'll be open minded about it, or if you feel the need to share your tulpa's existence, then you should bring the subject up with who you plan to tell first, get their general reaction/opinion on it, and then decide whether it's a good idea to tell them. Like, say you heard about this thing on the internet and thought it was interesting etc. etc. what do you think, and if they don't say "Bunch'a crazies!" then maybe.

But it's okay not to tell anyone. Just wrote this the other day,

They can't know, of course most people have only heard of either possessions(/hauntings) or hallucinations when it comes to voices in your head. So don't blame them for that. But if they don't seem the type to be convinced otherwise, just don't bring it up, it could very well be for the best not to tell certain people about your tulpas. Some people don't tell anyone. Also if you want to, bring up the subject first as if you don't have a tulpa but ask about the idea of it, and if they respond positively then maybe tell them. And at worst if you don't tell anyone, you still have all of us on the forum to talk to!

And to change your username, make a thread in the Talk To Staff board here: https://community.tulpa.info/forum-talk-to-staff

But I do like your current one, the question mark is unique sounding.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

• 3 weeks later...

The more tulpas you have, the harder it is to spend adequate time with them all. So you could say it's kind of hard in that aspect.

But we feel like a family, and that's really nice. They're all equally important to me. Also keeps things from getting boring.

Also, I don't think the Buddy system does anything, and I've added literally no one in the years I've been here. I actually don't add people online on games, skype or steam unless I know them well. It doesn't super matter here... but mostly I just want to keep the list clean. Be really weird to have a single random "Buddy".

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Reference post https://community.tulpa.info/thread-lumi-s-dreaming-thread-dreams-of-moon?pid=179312#pid179312

Yesterday/last night was the full moon, so we're aiming to do some wonderlanding and/or imposition.. today I guess. It's just Flan and me right now. Going to bed. Read that post.. I couldn't explain my sleeping the schedule the first time.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 5 weeks later...

It's a full moon again. Also I have 1000 more posts than I did when I started this thread. Also I have the same amount of posts as Mistgod. I just read every single post in this thread for the first time in over a year, and also fixed a lot of broken links (replaced puu.sh with imgur), so if ever you saw broken ones you should maybe look at them again. I've got Lucilyn next to me right now (telling me to sound more excited) and I feel like making a large post similar to Lucilyn's 10k views post where she wrote a bunch of 'facts' about us. But I'll be referencing the thread itself for this one, with stuff that stood out to me for one reason or another going through it.

Might as well go in chronological order. First, this quote of Reisen when someone asked us how we were different from each other:

Well, considering I just put us in an instantly better mood by switching with him (and singing along to this awesome song), I'd say I'm better at keeping a positive mood.

An awesome song indeed, in fact we've linked that video more times on this forum than any other URL, period. That's an account of us enjoying the song before Lucilyn was made, who basically immediately claimed it as her theme song, and it's been heavily associated with her since. Expanding on that,

The greatest thing I've accomplished, though we haven't really done much, is help Lumi do things he needed/wanted to do but didn't have the motivation to. Such as get out of bed. Most people probably don't understand, but people with motivation issues sometimes feel trapped in their own minds, unable to do anything, and it's really sad. And I can get around that, so that's my biggest accomplishment.

Reisen seems to have filled some of the roles Lucilyn now does in the past. Being happy, helping me with motivation, that sort of thing. I kind of forget what it was like before I had Lucilyn along with them, or just what old times were like in general. Day-to-day life was so month-to-month back then that I just don't remember it, only important events and details. It was really interesting to read all that old stuff, things have really changed around a lot.

{Talking about switching with Tewi}... She's like someone who takes over your office job for a day, and when you come back everything's been cleaned and organized. (But Reisen is the one who would leave donuts on your desk)

There were actually at least 8 months where my tulpas were affected by switching-fatigue, apparently. I thought it was only like two months, mainly. I believe we switched much, much less often back then (2015), and maybe that's why it felt so short. But in just this thread, I see a post by them in February 2015, and then a post by me saying they tend to get tired while switching in October 2015. As of the last year though, there's absolutely no tiredness from switching specifically, with any of them.

Explanation of Tewi's "It feels good to exist" comment, becoming more active and less passive

Best quote I found was the last line in this one, Sock asked "How important is touch as a sign of affection for your girls?" This was between Reisen and Tewi's answers:

Reisen left me to talk about the intimate stuff! Whyyyyyy Well.. Yes, touch is really useful for bonding. But our visualization is rather poor, and that means Lumi subconsciously avoids doing it, like he does with most things he's bad at. But we're going to be working on it soon.. Uhm.. I think he benefits a lot from it, yes. We're the reason he's not depressed anymore, feeling like he has someone who loves and understands him. And he's much better now, but he can always be in a better mood.

wedon'treallydosexmuchatallifit'snotaspecialoccasionbutmaybewe'dbemorephysicallyintimateinluciddreamsthanjustvisualization? TEWI HELP

Reminder that you can always (unless someone breaks the quote) click the green arrow on a quote to go to the original post it's from. Maybe not on mobile though, dunno.

First time I mentioned Lucilyn on the forum, about 3 days after her initial development but before she was developed enough to talk on the forum yet.

A somewhat depressing post by Tewi literally about why you haven't seen her recently

I swear she'll be back soon, and she's just as covered by my "You need to switch for activity's sake" thing as Flandre and Reisen are, now that we're out of school for the moment.

My tulpas' name pronunciations, and a mini lesson in Japanese pronunciation. My name's pronounced loo (loop), min (minute), ess (especially), loo-min-ess.

This quote of a quote speaks for itself:

I found a cool quote! It seems really relevant to stuff we've talked about before but I don't know how exactly. But it is an amazing quote!

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."  - Sam Keen

Update on the shiny Pokemon representing them thing, we got them all and are still waiting on Nintendo to release Pokebank for Sun and Moon to play it. I have a shiny Audino for Reisen, shiny Lopunny for Tewi, shiny Ninetales for Flandre, and a shiny Politoed for Lucilyn (named Pyonta). Debating whether to use my shiny Mawile named Rumia, who I hatched before all the others as a test for the masuda method and named after a friend (named after a Touhou character like I used to be with "Reisen"). Still unsure on that. Also, they're all still unevolved and level 1, though we did EV train them.

I linked this song a long time ago in this thread, citing it as an example of something that might affect Tewi's voice if I'd heard it recently, "but moreso her personality". Well, it may certainly have had an effect on her personality, just because of what it (and she) means to me. Really, I can't put into words how the song makes me feel, so if you know us you can just infer for Tewi and I.

[video=youtube]

Thanks for reading, thanks for visiting tulpa.info, thanks for being you! Good luck to you all, and my tulpas and I hope you enjoy your lives as best you can. As Tewi apparently said years ago,

"Be happy. Have fun. Do what makes you feel good. If you're doing anything else, why? To make sure you can be happy and have fun in the future. Never forget that."

You lot are an inspiration and I literally think about you daily as a point of motivation. Got a few pendants on my keychain of Reisen, Tewi and Flandre. To me it's like one of those forcing reminders I guess.

Well that and they're pretty damn cute XD

You lot are an inspiration and I literally think about you daily as a point of motivation.  Got a few pendants on my keychain of Reisen, Tewi and Flandre.  To me it's like one of those forcing reminders I guess.

oh my god that's amazing you're amazing

we don't have any touhou memorabilia except the picture of Tewi that Lumi drew

oh also oh my god x2 for being thought of as inspiration daily. Like I know we help people but wow if we help people that much. not even 100% sure what we do that's so inspiring but I won't question it!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I should note that I would have one of yourself but haven't seen one in any of the stores here. Touhou has its own section now at the Animate stores, but only a small one is near me. Would have to go to Yokohama or shibuya perhaps to find a bigger range.

As for what you do? I guess just how you guys are always out there helping people, always so understanding and driven towards making everyone happier both in your system and the community. When I see what you guys have accomplished and how even with massive motivation issues on Lumi's part you still fight on.

Yeah it's awesome. All of you are. Whenever I think of you Lucilyn I immediately think of that custom title you had last year. 'Hop n hop n hop n hop' XD