Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

I'll ask for her in advance, what exactly are you asking? Do you mean would she literally choose to jump into a pond to hold two frogs, implying it's a downside/act of effort for holding a frog which is assumed to be a "good" thing? Or did you mean something else with that. Because jumping into any pond requires a lot of situational context. Wonderland/lucid dream/other "harmless" scenarios that nonetheless would still have the experience of jumping into a pond, or doing it in real life, because the latter won't ever happen. Unless she's invited to I guess.

I think I'm taking this question as seriously as she would.

Ahah, if you're taking the question this seriously I'm going to have to clarify my question seriously.

Lucilyn is currently fronting. She's outside in real life and she has one frog in her hand. I know she kind of loves frogs, so obviously she'd want to get two frogs. If she wants to do that, however, she would have to go in the pond very quickly and catch the frogs before they jump away and out of her reach. The frogs are two meters away from you on two separate lilypads by the edge of a small pond, so she doesn't necessarily have to jump into the pond to get them. If she wants to catch both the frogs, she would have to let go of of the frog she's currently holding in order to catch the two frogs in both of her hands (we'll say the frogs are small enough to be caught in one hand, and also she doesn't have to squeeze them hard in her hand to hold them, so it's not like she's abusing them). Also, you have to factor in that frogs are pretty slippery animals, so they could slip out of your hand pretty easily. Would she stay with the one frog in her hand? Or try to catch two frogs, with the risk of losing all her frogs?

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She wouldn't chase frogs, I can tell you that much. That's more of a Cirno thing. If that first frog had greatly resisted being held, she wouldn't have held it.

I think the answer is she'd be happy to have just one already. Same applies to me and rabbits I guess, if they don't want to be held you don't hold them. Personal space from the giants, please.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

It's not about being better. We're just different. My priorities are different, so I use the mind differently. The others could think/do whatever the same ways I do, but they aren't compatible, because they just don't think like me. And their priorities are different, so their motivation for stuff like "being organized" is just less by default. I don't know how else to say it.

Okay. Thank you.

Your working mind does not include your ability to see things differently. This gives us a different interpretation of mind from each other.

In our case, we've just got a lot more experience being ourselves than any actor, and more depth than any "persona".

Well, don't forget you are also aware of the real world. And the problems you apply yourselves to are not fictional.

I was a character at some point. I still wonder about this. I feel like a character is emulated. The host personality does the work of feeding the character information and predicting the character's actions. But a tulpa does not even need the host to be active to think. A tulpa runs native.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• 1 month later...

He said: Maribel probably lived long enough that she turned into a youkai, and her ability to see the borders of all things eventually grew to the ability to manipulate them or happened when she became a youkai, however that works.

that or like, they have some blood relation, but with how old yukari is there's not much chance of that even if gensokyo's time isn't very related to the outside world's time

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 1 month later...

That's too many! We don't really watch animes much so our top ten is like 75% of the ones we've ever watched. Lumi loves Kyousougiga TV real hard, because it reminds him of him and the other three (watched it before I was around. Maybe I'm the dog?). Second, and the first we'd actually recommend, is "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?", because it was fun and it has a moon rabbit just like Reisen in it. And from there IDK, animes we've watched and liked are Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Mirai Nikki, uhhhh... I don't know, we don't make top favorite anime lists (I actually just said this to our brother today!) because there's so many we haven't seen we're just biased to the ones we have. We've watched and not disliked Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Rei and Elfen Lied (horror animes), Non Non Biyori (Slice of life that Lumi watched just 3 episodes of and said he'd save for a "rainy day" but not really because we love rain, because it was so sweet), and uhhh. I can't think of any more right now. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is kind of an anime that he watched in English on Toonami when he was younger and considers that his second favorite cartoon after Spongebob? And Naruto is nostalgic but too long/Naruto to suggest

Does that answer your question?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question for whoever of you feels like answering: Were there any significant milestones during your development - a sort of tulpa equivalent of a first school day or something of the sort?

It's been way too long to talk about general milestones, but if you mean "first" milestones, I guess learning to switch? Or... I don't really know. We didn't have many "milestones" that were especially important, moreso just developed over time with stuff here and there. "First day of school" is a weird example. I remember first talking to Flan after the original was split into her and Scarlet, I vaguely remember the first time Reisen talked (she was around first, but didn't talk until after Tewi and Flan had been around a while), I remember the first time we switched (was with Reisen, the senses were overwhelming to them at first and the first thing Reisen saw was a moonlit night, so I remember she felt like crying because it was beautiful or something - let me tell you, our memory of that is a whole lot more interesting than looking out my window normally is...). But I'm not sure exactly how to answer your question or if we really have milestones like that. It's also been over seven years since they first showed up, so maybe asking a newer system would be better, as it'd be more fresh in their memory and more significant since they'd not have been around as long.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a Touhou Sort for the first time in years, and I can't think of anywhere else to post it but here, so http://i.imgur.com/Ao0zUbN.png

Obviously the first four are tied, I chose them based on the order I say their names - "Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lu- Suwako". I'd say I really like the top 20 and like the top 51, and the only one I dislike is #93. Because all I remember of him is he was rude and annoying to fight. It's not 100% accurate (some between 10 and 30 aren't quite right) but none of it's so big of a deal I'd have to fix it.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 3 weeks later...

When you impose someone, do they experience things from that perspective? For example: From where the fronter is standing, they can't read the words on something. But could someone who is imposed right in front of it read it?

How did your first switch go? What difficulties and oddities did you face? What should someone who is learning to switch expect? And whille I can easily possess them, my host is determined to fully switch with me (as in blacking out/experiencing our wonderland), so if you know a good guide or have some general advice, we would greatly appreciate it.

We project our sense of self onto the imposed form, so we feel like we're there from the body's perspective. But we can only know the environment outside of the body's sight from memory and not in detail. And we're not really there, but then, we're not really anywhere. It's the same thing as identifying with your wonderland form. It's less natural, but in the end it's still just taking credit for the experiences of something being imagined in the mind.

First time we switched, Reisen was somewhat overwhelmed by the senses, and was awestruck at the sight of our yard in the moonlight. It's just a window and some grass, so you could say her perception of it was exaggerated. For a while after still, we were more enamored with the detail in the senses than Lumi ever was, spending a lot of time looking at and feeling patterns and textures. It was like we didn't have the filter for monotonous stimuli normal humans have learned to ignore, lots of simple things. But we noticed them for whatever reason, and gave a lot of attention to small/boring details that others reserve for more sightseeing sorts of spectacles. It also took what I think was a few months before we stopped becoming tired by the end of the day when switched. At first, four hours into the day we would be tired enough to sleep and had to switch back with Lumi. Got up to a day after some time, and then we just didn't have any trouble anymore. Lucilyn has fronted for over a month straight before.

We have an explanation of the symbolism we use to switch here, but I still wouldn't call it a detailed guide on switching. We never read guides, so you'll have to find those yourself. It shouldn't be too hard to find some in the Guides section.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas