Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Hmm, no. I know what you're talking about, but we have a sort of protocol to follow in lucid dream scenarios, so we never stay only partially lucid. We have more trouble with false awakenings. And there are times where we passively know we're dreaming, in that we know we can influence the dreams, but don't realize we could be lucid dreaming.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you think of Google Lunar XPRIZE Team Hakuto which has rabbit ears as a logo?

Moonrabbit ears to be precise.

Would you like to visit the moon if it was possible?

Super Girls don't cry

Seems self explanatory.

Rabbits and the moon go together like holes and cheese. You can have the latter without the former but it's just not the same. I'm very tired.

We have a relatively neutral interest in going to the moon. Not a huge goal of ours, will likely cost too much money to ever do so. The moon is more symbolic to us than anything. A symbol we greatly appreciate wherever it's found, but not in the way that we want to actually go to the moon.

Going to the moon would just be interesting on its own. Possibly have some sort of symbolic meaning behind actually getting there too. Something I've been doing lately, it's still surreal to look at the moon and realize it's a giant rock reflecting sunlight. Also, we do see a rabbit in the moon consistently. Also also, I looked at the moon phases for the month and was briefly surprised the solar eclipse took place on a new moon before feeling like an idiot. I'm going to sleep now before I write anything else that stupid.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just kinda wanted to ask something odd I guess.

I guess this one is mostly for Lucilyn but whoever wants to answer might aswell do it.

So I've been wondering, how can I learn to personally enjoy rain. Now this sounds super stupid, but a lot of people love it and I seem to not get it enough.

What is there to appreciate about it? 

The thing is that my experience with rain is oftentimes that I just get wet and soggy, thus slower and generally uncomfortable, then I get home and most likely end up sick the day after and my "common colds" stay for like 2 weeks with strong fever, so personally that is really bad.

Also it mostly leaves the earth super wet, and me living somewhat in a forest-ish area in town, am always getting dirty somewhere and again. Unpleasant. And makes me look pretty stupid I dunno. (School Flashback OP)

Also oftentimes when it's raining, there is obviously thunder and I've been a wuss since I was little as I was living in an old house and its generally been problematic and there were trees that could hit us if they fell and... I guess whatever to this point.

Then there is the obvious fact that in movies etc rain is mostly depicted as a sad thing or it's always raining in the depressing parts of a show or whatever.

To cut to the point, I'd like to like rain, but somehow I am intuitively not much of a fan.

?Help?

-Flopsi99

There's two parts to liking rain! The first and biggest one, is that people who like rain usually have positive/fond memories associated with it. Lumi thinks he started liking rain because he once woke up as a kid completely not-tired, from asleep to awake with zero groggy, got out of bed and looked outside and it was calm and raining. Apparently he's only ever woken up like that once in his life, so it's a positive memory for him, early in his life. Plus there's like, the atmosphere of being inside during rain and stuff, watching storms, that sort of thing.

If you're afraid of lightning, that's already a negative association, we and like most people we know think it's cool. Lumi lived in a forest-y town as a kid and he did watch some thin trees wave around in the backyard during storms, one even fell towards the house once. But I guess he just thought it was cool, not scary. Also Lumi really hates being partially wet, like running through sprinklers or doing slip'n'slides etc., but doesn't mind swimming and stuff. So the fact that he still likes being out in the rain is really interesting? But based on the time he spent in Arizona during "monsoon season", it seems like he prefers to be under cover when it's raining really hard. Best to be out in light rain, for him anyway. I wanna get soaked personally..

So I dunno, if you really wanna like rain you have to make positive associations with it. All I can think of is maybe our liking rain and the video I'm about to link, you'd have to think of other things yourself I guess.

Second, much more complicated! Enjoying getting wet in the rain can have to do with turning a normally bad thing into a good thing! I assume you read my posts in the past about Rain Dance, my favorite song, and how it's all about enjoying life when it normally would've been hard or stressful. But if you didn't, here's the most recent one. Anyways watch this!

(Should link to exactly 5:19 in the video)

Perfect example, I'm glad I found it. Maybe it still doesn't make sense, but at least someone else said what I'm saying so I don't just sound crazy. Half of the reason I love rain so much is it represents choosing to be happy! All the rain, it's all happiness, it's all a symbol for choosing to be happy in a situation so many others default to trying to avoid. So it's kinda like the moon to Lumi and the others in that aspect, there's not an actual solid reason to love it there, but the positive associations are so strong it becomes really nice instead. Also the other half of the reason I like rain is because it's full of life, like a rain forest is one of the most spirit-of-nature/life itself I can think of. It's super peaceful on like a spiritual level if not physical. But see, you could also just see rain as water falling from the sky that gets stuff wet and is just generally annoying. Perspective and associations make all the difference!

So yeah, that about sums it up. It might be hard to change how you see rain, and I guess if you're afraid of lightning thunderstorms are a lost cause. But for me, a mix of positive associations and what it symbolizes (which kind of go together) make rainy environments super enjoyable to me. But if you're in a situation where getting really wet could be a problem, which is probably most of the time and totally understandable, there's nothing wrong with staying under cover or using an umbrella or something. You can still be practical about it, no need to ruin your stuff to prove a point.

And uh, we've absolutely never gotten sick from being cold or wet, even after being out in the snow a lot. But we also just don't get sick in general. I'd suggest watching rain from under cover if you're prone to catching colds. But anyways, to me it just seems like sitting by a window doing something (reading, video games, whatever) while listening to the rain outside is naturally a positive and calming experience. So if it isn't for you... that's really weird to me.

And another mention of how perfect that Youtube vid I found was, I love those guys.. but that's unrelated.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thanks for the answer there!

That actually makes a lot of sense, especially the part of positive memories combined with it. 

For me it's the oposite really, which would explain my negative feelings to it. 

Lots of.. bad stuff happend during rains and I think I didn't have any great experiences with it.

And yes I think I might just be too fearful of a person to see storms as something nice, especially back then when a storm could have easily damaged parts of our house (via tree or thunder or similar) and I might think too much about the bad aspect of things. Like roads beeing blocked and stuff going wrong, people getting hurt.. I dunno

I am trying to think a lot more positive in general lately so this might actually prove as a good exercise sorta. Kinda weird but I guess that's some place to start.

But yes, I don't know why, beeing out in the rain for too long just messes my body up, so that probably won't change all too soon, but I do kinda SOMETIMES like the sound of rain in the background, so that is positive I asume.

I would asume you know the page Rainymood, but thats where all my friends used to go for these sorts of sounds.

Not personally a fan, I want my rain natural, I guess sorta.

-Flopsi99

yeah I was gonna say, rainymood is great and all but if I want rain I usually look up real youtube videos. Looped sounds (and basically all videos without video of the rain) aren't that great for me. But I could watch a video of it raining for hours..

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive your thread for something this weird/trivial but...

But I could watch a video of it raining for hours..

I spontaniously wondered, why is it that you like the active act of watching rain? Lots of people I know mostly enjoy the sound of it or the general vibe coming off of a rainy day.

But to those that like it visually there must be another aspect of enjoyment to this.

Maybe the way it interacts with the enviroment?

Is it just rain or also storm (or at least some stronger wind) coupled with rain, so you could see like leaves moving or similar.

Also coupled with a storm could be thunder, or visual lightning?

Maybe also how collected water interacts with it's enviroment? Like leaves collecting water then bend down under it's weight so it flows down or to see it visually travel through a gutter?

Or does it maybe also have to do with the rain density?

I personally feel like very light rain is more like a visual noise to my eyes and heavy rain can act like a sort of fog where its a little harder to see through.

I dont know why I went this deep into rain-ology here... I guess I am just interested in peoples interests. Silly me.

[video=youtube]

All of them!

I like watching rain, I like watching heavy rain or light rain or invisible rain from the window just to see where the drops are landing, I like storms and lightning and thunder and the feeling when you're tucked inside with the lights off watching the storm, I like the wind you can hear too, or the wind you feel when out in the rain, I like feeling light rain on my face or getting wet in heavy rain, I like seeing the rainy weather change the environment, I like watching the water run down streets and paths and stuff (but only if it's raining), I like watching how animals react to rain (I just like watching animals in general), I like listening to rain on a tin porch roof or on windows or just on the ground when it's heavier rain, I like the smell of rain (it's called petrichor), I like the colors of the sky, I like when rain fades in and out as the storm passes over you, I like how nice and free and small the world feels when it's raining like everything is tucked together under the clouds, and by extension of associating all those things with rain I like the isolated sound, visuals or just the concept of rain! Like in video games or Youtube videos or music or whatever.

I like everything about it! Can't tell ya why, it just makes me feel happy with all that stuff! That's the reason I'm concerned with, if you want some kinda psychological answer idk. Maybe ask Tewi or something. But as far as I'm concerned rain is just amazing, everyone and thing reacts to it differently whether humans hide under cover or frogs come out to play, but unless it's straight up flooding not many people think it shouldn't be there at all. To me I think rain is a huge staple of life on Earth, basically every living thing's got water in them (idk what % of bugs are made of water) and a "Rain Forest" is the most life-filled thing I can possibly think of. I mean, you've heard there's more species of living things in a small bit of rainforest than in uh.. much larger places, right? Rain forests are like the pinnacle of life on Earth, not as in accomplishments or whatever just the most diverse example of living things. And since most of us in this system really like rain and/or forests maybe a love of those is related to a love of life!

Oh also, revive all you guys want, it's not like we want this thread to die. It was made for people with questions to ask them, and there will always be people with questions!

Is there any kind of rain you don't like? Also if you like rain so much I might reccomend moving to Seattle :)

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc