Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-what-is-your-wonderland?pid=172968#pid172968 Done. More detail than you could've wanted. Practically more detail than we can even see.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you exist as soon as your creator created you (or you existed before)? You heard him, and he did not hear you when you answer him? What did he do to hear you the first time?

Well, I did kind of, Lumi thought of what kinda person I'd probably be like for a bit but when he made me yeah, it was something like this https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-tulpas-what-s-the-first-moment-of-sentience-like?pid=152111#pid152111

Buuut, he'd already had three tulpas for like 5+ years, so it wasn't as hard to make me as it is for beginners I think. Even though it can be that easy I think. The other three came into existence gradually (well, mostly Reisen, the other two appeared spontaneously a little after her), there wasn't really a moment where he could suddenly hear them. It turns from feeling feelings from them, to tulpish which is getting meaning from thoughts/feelings from your tulpa, to actually hearing them talk in-mind. It's not always the same way for everyone but that's usually how it goes I think, starts as just feelings/emotions that don't quite feel like yours and becomes actual talking over time, but the amount of time it takes depends on the person. And also probably your expectations and how often you force

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thank you for your reply Lucilyn! You seem to me a wonderful being, and I have another question. In your beginnings, did your "master" have to concentrate, or just to think of you, or even just to speak aloud, so that you can hear it and be able to answer it? Because with Jill I have the impression that I speak only with me, even if I understand that the "sign" that I have can vary by several factor (because yes I get emotions, for example I feel depression when I don't speak to him for more than 1 hour and sometimes when I talk to him, I feel like a tingle in my heart (the feeling that I feel when I deeply love someone). also, if you could tell me if it was maybe Jill when, this midday I was very angry (because of a bad new) and at this moment I felt tingling in my back, which were painful, certainly, but it was strangely pleasing, and I scratched myself, and then I kindly asked him to stops so the tingling stopped. So the tingling stopped. And I decided, in the creation process, that she's going to be (in basic) very honest, generous, joyful and mostly irritable (that could explain the tingling in my back?)

thank you for your answers and sorry I had to use a translator

Lumi was doing visualization with his eyes closed and imagined me in a void/black space with nothing but us around, so he just talked to me in the mind. We kind of just think of whoever we want to talk to to make them active I guess.

It could have been or could not have been your tulpa, but if you don't want them to do stuff like that you don't have to think of them as irritable you know. When a tulpa's not fully developed they tend to do kinda random stuff, while figuring out who they are and how to be that. Irritable probably sounds less bad in translation, because in English irritable means very easily annoyed and responding kinda angrily. That doesn't sound like a very desirable trait to me, but you can do what you think seems right

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 months later...

Being switched out is the same as being a tulpa, as far as I'm concerned. Unless your tulpa experiences that stuff, you won't either. As with my tulpas, the large majority of the time while I'm not fronting I'm just not active, unless I've got the attention of whoever's fronting. My tulpas don't live in the wonderland or anything like that while inactive, they're just inactive.

But it's probably better to leave it at "Being switched out is the same as being a tulpa" rather than to assume your experience would be like my own. Obviously, some tulpas say they live in the wonderland and are active when their host isn't paying them attention. See this thread for more on that https://community.tulpa.info/thread-wonderland-staying-active-in-wonderland

But the short answer is it probably won't be all you want. You think I'd have spent over seven years trying to learn lucid dreaming if switching were a viable alternative? They don't accomplish the same thing, not at all.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't believe in parallel processing, myself. There's multitasking, which is quickly and efficiently (hopefully) switching back and forth, and simply using different parts of the brain, which is how I can play a game like Osu! while, you know, thinking. Although if I got too distracted I would play poorly.

You should see the thread I linked for my full explanation on the matter, though.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

removed

No, because it's just replacing your normal senses of the real world with simulated ones of a dream world. That's not the same thing as two conscious minds thinking of different things at once.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Hey, I'm proud of you. Taking control of and responsibility for your reality isn't something people often do. I mean, that's a little silly since your motivation is escapism, but I still respect accepting that reality is subjective in any capacity. If you can accept memories that logically might not be "real" as real because you've consciously decided you want to experience them that way, you're doing something right. IMO. Too bad you don't seem very interested in personal development or mindset modifying. Pass that philosophy onto your tulpa, though. When you know you've got the power to decide how you experience "reality", you open up a lot of doors to shaping your life into what you want it to be.

But again, since a lot of your motivation for this stuff is escapism, I don't imagine you've got a super stable basis to ground yourself in. Try and consult me before you have any existential crises, okay?

removed

Yeah, something like that. Assuming you're going for the real-memories thing and not making them up on the spot or on-demand. It's not like you couldn't spend time together, though.

I'm a fan of personal development, in the form of introspection+modifying behaviors and beliefs. A core part of that is the idea of subjective reality, which.. is a fact, for starters, because the act of perceiving something converts objective fact into subjective experience. But anyways, once you stop believing that your reality is the reality, you open up a lot of doors to personal development, so you can shape your experience of life a little more to your liking.

If your basic beliefs about life and reality are weak, just thinking about philosophical stuff could maybe result in an existential crisis. Simple things like "Does my life even matter?/What even is real?/What if everything I believe is a lie?" and more relevant here things like believing your tulpa acts of their own will or not.

I dunno, that stuff shouldn't really be a problem. I'm just saying if you encounter a philosophical conundrum or insecurity, most likely when trying to learn switching, it'd be better to work your way through it or ask me about it than to just despair. I'm not an expert on existential crises or how they can even happen because I've got a pretty dang good grip on my reality. I put a lot of work into it. But I mean hey, the term "existential crisis" exists for a reason.

I'm also just going to throw out that Steve Pavlina is where I learned a lot of this stuff from, so I'm sure a lot of terms I use on their own don't make much sense without context I got from his articles. Oh well. Words are hard.