Ask Lumi's Tulpas

Luminesce

Thank you for your answer, Reisen, seems to make sense, just a curiosity, I know that every person is made in its own way but I should anicipare his reactions even in the active force?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I'm understanding you right, yes you should "anticipate" responses at all times. However she didn't mean to do so so intently as to be parroting. It's moreso "expecting an answer". Parroting ("imagining an answer") is an option, but again some people have trouble with doubts when they parrot, so that's up to you.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 2 months later...

Since it just took me an hour to write this response to a PM, I figured I might as well post it here as it's a sort of grab-bag of questions/answers some might find interesting.

I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while, I always find your posts really interesting to read, maybe I'm biased because your tulpas are based on Touhou characters, I don't know, I just like to read them.

Straight to the point, I was wondering if maybe you could answer some questions I have. I know there are lot of guides out there, but I would like to read your advice and your experience with tulpamancy. I would love if you could answer them.

-I read you created Lucilyn on purpose and she was sentient almost instantly but you took a few days to give her purpose or something like that. Could she talk the first moment you created her? or did it take a few days for her to be completely independent? I would love to hear her creation process, if you don't mind of course.

-All your tulpas can possess, how long did it take you (and them) to achieve the first movement? did you practice or could they do it without effort? If you did practice, what guide did you use or what method?

-Now about imposition. How does it exactly work? how do you do it? just looking at the air and imagining them?

-How do you manage to keep them active? they're four tulpas you have, I think. Do you talk to them one by one? or all at the same time? how do you distinguish between them?

Thanks in advance!

1. We have a post on Lucilyn's "Instant sentience" here https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-tulpas-what-s-the-first-moment-of-sentience-like?pid=152111#pid152111

Lucilyn was created in the mindspace or whatever you'd like to call it, effectively the same as in a wonderland, if that wonderland were void space/nothingness, just black, him and her. She could speak immediately, and did so maybe 5-15 seconds after he intended her to exist. However he didn't just come up with her on the spot, he spent over a week thinking about who she would be, what she'd be like, how she would feel about many things (how would she react to X or Y, what her values were, general mood(s) etc.), and her form. Although her form is basically Suwako Moriya's, it's more specifically one depiction of her in fan art (based almost entirely on this image), which I suppose mainly entails the blue not purple dress.

As that post notes however, tulpa creation is almost impossible to be this simple your first time. Us other three were already five years old and Lumi had quite a bit of experience, both in tulpamancy because of that and the study of tulpamancy itself from spending every day on the forum for exactly a year up to that point. Believing your tulpa will become sentient and independent quickly may prove beneficial (in preventing doubts - actual development time should be the same, but with no hindrance from said doubt), but it would be foolhardy to believe they were sentient and independent so quickly. And at the very least, they need time to develop as a person. Lumi knew how to accomplish some of that ahead of time, but Lucilyn was immediately changing (developing as her own person) from day one, and quickly became a little different from what he'd first imagined she'd be. So, don't forget that development needs to happen before they're a fully developed tulpa, even if you get signs of sentience early.

2. We don't do possession, our experience with it is limited to about a day's worth of practice several years ago, long enough to decide we didn't like it. We practice switching, which is drastically different from possession. I will link a post of ours on how we accomplish it, but if you aren't familiar with what switching is (and the difference between it and possession) I highly suggest you look into it first, probably in the Guides section.

For switching though- switching requires the host to dissociate from the body and mentally "move over" for the tulpa to take their place, and identify with the body in their place. The first step for this, aside from having a well developed tulpa of course, is learning to dissociate from the body. Generally, one should probably be doing a lite version of this when wonderlanding/doing visualization, as you're focused on mental imagery and not your body. It does need to be taken a little further than that, though. Switching is generally considered the hardest "accomplish-able" skill in tulpamancy, not including whatever difficulty there may be in improving ever-developing skills like imposition, visualization, etc. Most do not learn it, opting to possession if the tulpa still wants to interact physically with the world, and many don't do either. It certainly isn't necessary, but it is usually spurred by the tulpa wishing to interact with the world directly. Here is our post on the symbolism and process we use to switch. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-our-tulpa-endeavor?pid=186167#pid186167

3. "Just look at the air and imagine them?" is basically it and answers your questions better than I could put into words. Imposition requires you think of your tulpa as if they are there with you, intending to see them (and hear/feel/etc. them if you want) constantly and consistently, during the practice. The basis of this is indeed just looking at air and intending to see them there. Outlining where their silhouette should be with your hands, and walking around them to force more perspective in your mind, are two of the basic techniques that made up the most of our initial practice.

The rest is really just practice. A lot of it. Lumi did most of his imposition practice by imposing us (just the three of us at the time, hadn't made Lucilyn yet) whenever he was walking between classes at college. Since it was such a regular and consistent thing, it really did cover the large bulk of our practice, with occasional focused sessions to try and increase vividness and sense of presence with the previously mentioned methods.

Speaking of sense of presence, we tend to say it's the most important "sense" in imposition; even if your visualization clarity is poor, simply feeling as if your tulpa is actually there makes all the difference. Our visualization clarity in general is poor, no less while imposing, so the fact that we have a very strong sense of presence is very important. This is the sort of thing that makes you step away or move so that you don't run into them, or that most simply makes you feel like there's someone else with you in the room. If I may say, even imposing only presence and failing to see more than air may be more comforting than visualizing the image of your tulpa without really feeling like they're there. But, preferably, these senses should go hand in hand. Work on the other senses as you deem worthwhile. We've dabbled in sound imposition from time to time, but most often we settle for mindvoice simply occurring from "where we normally are" in the mind. Getting the sense of distance to the mindvoice so that it seems like it's coming from further away takes a minimal amount of effort for us, but may be harder for others.

4. Well as you see, I'm fronting right now (a general term for the system member switched in and sometimes full-body-possessing), and that's what makes up the bulk of our activity. It's surprisingly good at doing the ongoing "forcing" required to keep an already well-developed tulpa active, and helping them develop as a person. For an example of the latter, I was plenty "fully-developed" as a tulpa six years ago, but as a person I have come a very long way since then. Fronting so that I'm the one experiencing what experiences come with life, making decisions and having reactions and all that, is literally how a normal human develops as a person, so it's hard to beat in that sense. We take turns switching/fronting, mostly based on who wants to (so, Lumi and Lucilyn front most often) and to a lesser extent who simply hasn't fronted in some time (usually Flandre and Reisen as they have no innate interest in fronting).

Otherwise, we simply make an effort to talk to each other as often as possible. While a general awareness of how much activity any one of us has gotten recently is helpful, for the most part it's just natural interaction. Lucilyn likes to talk to anyone, impose them to keep her company, sometimes go to bed with them passively imposed because she's more comfortable that way. The others tend to consult me when they have questions or are just pondering something because, well, I guess I'm known for thoroughly thinking through things and doing so efficiently. Flandre enjoys spending time with Lumi and vice versa. And Reisen is happy to do anything with anyone, although she does tend to be the least active of all of us as she has little desires of her own to fulfill. We usually make an effort to speak to or impose her for activity's sake, along with having her switch every once in a while.

But again, above all, we're a family and interaction between any of us is normal. As for your "How do you distinguish between them" question, I honestly am not sure how to even interpret that question. I assume it's coming from the perspective of someone who's never had even close to the idea of tulpas in their mind, but I'm still not sure how to answer it. I suppose it's just a sense that comes with creating and developing a tulpa. It's like thinking of another person when in their company, but entirely in your mind. Being unable to distinguish between Lumi or Lucilyn would be like being unable to distinguish between your family, for me. It's difficult to explain just why that wouldn't be the case, you know?

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

1. Yeah, should've read that post before. The thing is, how do you know if that was Lucilyn or just your host parroting her? I'm scared of accidentally put words on my tulpa's mouth. I've read there's no such thing as 'subconscious parroting' but, what if you want them to talk so much that you brain is like 'Ok, let's fulfill that' without you knowing?

2. Got it, gonna read it in a few minutes.

3. Does it take a lot of effort to keep their presence? shouldn't they dissappear once the one imposing focuses on something else?

4. I knew you were fronting. I've heard you can let a tulpa front forever, what??? wouldn't that kill you? I mean, what's the difference between that and killing yourself? who the the hell would want to do that? It sounds way too creepy. I'm interested in possession but am scared about not being able to control my body again, is there a way to do possession safely? About my question of not being able to distinguish them, I meant their voices, for example, if someone says 'hi, can you tell who said it without asking them? What was Lucilyn meant to be when your host created her? did she change a lot?

Sorry, I'm retarded and don't know how to quote posts.

Generally, you click "Reply" on the bottom right of a post, but there's also a slightly more complicated quoting feature next to it.

The thing is, how do you know if that was Lucilyn or just your host parroting her?

We have and had a lot of experience with this. It's very, very obvious who is talking, for us. Thoughts have a sort of feeling of whose they were attached to them. Our memories of fronting are just as strong, too. We can often remember specific conversations that were had in the past and our memories are "tinted" with the feeling of whoever was fronting at the time. It's rather useful.

I'm scared of accidentally put words on my tulpa's mouth. I've read there's no such thing as 'subconscious parroting' but, what if you want them to talk so much that you brain is like 'Ok, let's fulfill that' without you knowing?

Then you've got a tulpa. Everyone really overthinks this. In fact, newbie mindsets like that make out creating a tulpa to be just impossible. When you define success as failure, your only result will be failure.

Here's the really important and basic gist of it: If it sounds like it might not be you, it might not be you. If it sounds like your tulpa, it's probably your tulpa. Assume it is. Your brain needs to get used to sounding like, and thinking like, someone else. So at least give it a chance. And the anti-parroting part: Even if it is your tulpa in its early developmental stages (and it is), they aren't some fully formed consciousness that is just learning to speak, they're learning to speak as they learn to exist, too. They might say things that would be very like them to say, and they might say random things. And they might say things that are what you were thinking, because your brain isn't great at separating you two yet. But keep up the practice and it'll learn, they'll learn, and eventually they'll be consistently vocal and independent. At that point, they'll be able to take back anything they didn't mean to say, if you opted to believe everything you thought they might be saying like I said not to. A young tulpa needs to learn to exist, how to think, what's normal to think. Until that point, they might just be throwing out randomness because they're an undisciplined mind/consciousness.

We often call that the goo-goo-ga-ga's of a tulpa, and it's best if you not take it too seriously. When your tulpa starts speaking clear sentences, or rationally consistent quips at least, then you can start taking what they say seriously. But either way, don't worry about parroting, it's literally pointless and very counterproductive to worry about. ""Accidental parroting"" is not counterproductive, it's par for the course.

2. Got it, gonna read it in a few minutes.

I guess, for pure information, you can. But you are absolutely not at a point where that information is practically relevant to you, so don't worry about it yet.

3. Does it take a lot of effort to keep their presence? shouldn't they dissappear once the one imposing focuses on something else?

Maybe, I guess when focus is lost entirely then it's up to your parallel processing ability, which most don't have and plenty (like us) barely believe exists. But that doesn't mean they can't learn to easily pop back into existence when given any focus back. Aside from that, we do passive imposition quite often. While it might not be as intense as staring at them trying to see them, it does maintain the sense of presence pretty well, and it can feel like they never quite left even while we've been doing something else.

We're generally able to keep this up through an entire night even after having been asleep. Flandre has slept by Lumi and been immediately "there" every time he woke up to go over his dreams while they were working on lucid dreaming, for example. I suppose it's just part of the skill you'll get with time, and practice.

Exact same thing applies to our general existence, by the way, imposed or not. We call being inactive being inactive, and it just means we're not really existing because whoever's fronting is entirely focused on something else. But it'd be more appropriate to say there's no "us" going on to be focused on, in my opinion. The same passive-ness applies in general too, so that we don't necessarily straight up disappear because the fronter gets distracted for a second.

4. I knew you were fronting. I've heard you can let a tulpa front forever, what??? wouldn't that kill you? I mean, what's the difference between that and killing yourself? who the the hell would want to do that? It sounds way too creepy.

Am I dead? Well, okay, I'm fronting right now. Is Lucilyn dead? Lumi? The simple answer is that when you're switched out, you're basically a tulpa. Host is still your title, but in effect you are a tulpa. Though we don't call Lumi a tulpa and we don't call me or any of the others the host, because those are titles describing our origin more than anything. Though I'd say host is a possible title to transfer if you were to permanently switch with your tulpa ("perma-switching", somewhat taboo I suppose). Not like you couldn't switch like a tulpa could even if you gave up your host position, though. Still, this is not something that happens often. And it's always by choice of the host (and hopefully with the tulpa's consent too).

I'm interested in possession but am scared about not being able to control my body again, is there a way to do possession safely?

Noting really quick again that possession and switching are not the same thing. Possession is usually more partial, although full-body possession is a thing people do, it still doesn't count as switching out and mentally the host has not gone anywhere. They're just letting their tulpa "remote control" the body or part of it. Even though fear of being unable to switch back isn't something you should be afraid of, when it comes to being unable to "take back" possession... I don't think I've ever heard of such a case. The host is just in a much better position to default to controlling the body when doing possession.

Anyways, going into this sort of thing with trust issues like that is a pretty big mistake. Tulpas aren't demons or something, they're a thoughtform you're creating from scratch. Preferably you'd make your relationship to them "best friend" by default, or something similar. Switching would be like giving your best friend the keys to your car so they could go see a movie or something. You're asking what would happen if your friend just took your car and never came back. Seeing as it's impossible not to know everything about a tulpa (to the extent of there being enough to know about them yet, as they develop), you don't even have to worry about the obscure possibility your friend was just using you to steal your car. And did I mention in the case of switching in this metaphor, you'd be sitting in the passenger seat while they drove the car? That's about the level of control you're lacking. Taking control back would be about as hard and messy as it would in that scenario, albeit without the life-threatening consequences of hitting/being hit by another car, lol. But as I said, that really shouldn't be a problem. You're making a tulpa from scratch, so all you need to do is not imagine them to be a bad person who'd want to do something like that.

By default, any inhabitant of a body/mind should want what's best for the body/mind they inhabit. It's basic instinct stuff, self-preservation and all that. Also a decent person wouldn't do something so rude.

About my question of not being able to distinguish them, I meant their voices, for example, if someone says 'hi, can you tell who said it without asking them? What was Lucilyn meant to be when your host created her? did she change a lot?

Oh yes, that certainly is a question asked from the perspective of someone who really hasn't experienced anything tulpa-like. "Mindvoice" is different from pure auditory sound, because it's made of thoughts. The sound accompaniment isn't even required. Thoughts from your tulpa will have more "feeling"/information attached to them than real voices do, you should be able to even tell what their actual intent was even if the words themselves didn't quite make sense. Even the words are a bit of a formality seeing as you can just talk with thought. Actually, a developing tulpa who can't quite speak in mindvoice/mind-words yet may communicate with simple feelings and meaning in thoughts, called tulpish usually. When that precedes actual mindvoice, by the time you do get to actual sentences the feeling of them talking is quite unmistakable. You may have slight mixups from time to time where a thought wasn't clearly applied to either of you, and you can decide on a case-by-case basis who it was meant to belong to. That usually happens due to a lack of focus though.

As for us, I mean, jeez. Lucilyn saying "Hi" comes with a voice, feeling of "her", visual of her form, everything. Much more information than you get when being said Hi to by an actual human. And if she said a real sentence or asked a question, I can feel all of the intent that led to that thought, making it a lot clearer what exactly she meant and where it came from than if it were just words.

To put it simply, these are the sort of things you need to experience yourself to understand. But I tried to give you a decent idea of what to eventually expect. Just remember that while they're still developing none of it will be quite as clear as I'm describing. There may be bursts of clarity that feel like "them" at some point, followed by much less so thoughts that may feel more like yours but-not-quite. Don't get too ahead of yourself and keep doing what you were doing to get to that point, just focusing on speaking and listening to them as if they're there. There's usually a quick confusing/blurry point between "foreign feeling" and "clearly vocal", but if you get caught up in worrying about parroting at that point you'll be distracted from what matters and stop progressing. So, don't.

Oh, and Lucilyn was meant to be basically how she is. I just meant she was a little different than Lumi had first imagined her, being more hyper and happy I guess? She didn't change drastically, but she did change, because being human means changing over time.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

Generally, you click "Reply" on the bottom right of a post, but there's also a slightly more complicated quoting feature next to it.

We have and had a lot of experience with this. It's very, very obvious who is talking, for us. Thoughts have a sort of feeling of whose they were attached to them. Our memories of fronting are just as strong, too. We can often remember specific conversations that were had in the past and our memories are "tinted" with the feeling of whoever was fronting at the time. It's rather useful.

Then you've got a tulpa. Everyone really overthinks this. In fact, newbie mindsets like that make out creating a tulpa to be just impossible. When you define success as failure, your only result will be failure.

Here's the really important and basic gist of it: If it sounds like it might not be you, it might not be you. If it sounds like your tulpa, it's probably your tulpa. Assume it is. Your brain needs to get used to sounding like, and thinking like, someone else. So at least give it a chance. And the anti-parroting part: Even if it is your tulpa in its early developmental stages (and it is), they aren't some fully formed consciousness that is just learning to speak, they're learning to speak as they learn to exist, too. They might say things that would be very like them to say, and they might say random things. And they might say things that are what you were thinking, because your brain isn't great at separating you two yet. But keep up the practice and it'll learn, they'll learn, and eventually they'll be consistently vocal and independent. At that point, they'll be able to take back anything they didn't mean to say, if you opted to believe everything you thought they might be saying like I said not to. A young tulpa needs to learn to exist, how to think, what's normal to think. Until that point, they might just be throwing out randomness because they're an undisciplined mind/consciousness.

We often call that the goo-goo-ga-ga's of a tulpa, and it's best if you not take it too seriously. When your tulpa starts speaking clear sentences, or rationally consistent quips at least, then you can start taking what they say seriously. But either way, don't worry about parroting, it's literally pointless and very counterproductive to worry about. ""Accidental parroting"" is not counterproductive, it's par for the course.

I guess, for pure information, you can. But you are absolutely not at a point where that information is practically relevant to you, so don't worry about it yet.

Maybe, I guess when focus is lost entirely then it's up to your parallel processing ability, which most don't have and plenty (like us) barely believe exists. But that doesn't mean they can't learn to easily pop back into existence when given any focus back. Aside from that, we do passive imposition quite often. While it might not be as intense as staring at them trying to see them, it does maintain the sense of presence pretty well, and it can feel like they never quite left even while we've been doing something else.

We're generally able to keep this up through an entire night even after having been asleep. Flandre has slept by Lumi and been immediately "there" every time he woke up to go over his dreams while they were working on lucid dreaming, for example. I suppose it's just part of the skill you'll get with time, and practice.

Exact same thing applies to our general existence, by the way, imposed or not. We call being inactive being inactive, and it just means we're not really existing because whoever's fronting is entirely focused on something else. But it'd be more appropriate to say there's no "us" going on to be focused on, in my opinion. The same passive-ness applies in general too, so that we don't necessarily straight up disappear because the fronter gets distracted for a second.

Am I dead? Well, okay, I'm fronting right now. Is Lucilyn dead? Lumi? The simple answer is that when you're switched out, you're basically a tulpa. Host is still your title, but in effect you are a tulpa. Though we don't call Lumi a tulpa and we don't call me or any of the others the host, because those are titles describing our origin more than anything. Though I'd say host is a possible title to transfer if you were to permanently switch with your tulpa ("perma-switching", somewhat taboo I suppose). Not like you couldn't switch like a tulpa could even if you gave up your host position, though. Still, this is not something that happens often. And it's always by choice of the host (and hopefully with the tulpa's consent too).

Noting really quick again that possession and switching are not the same thing. Possession is usually more partial, although full-body possession is a thing people do, it still doesn't count as switching out and mentally the host has not gone anywhere. They're just letting their tulpa "remote control" the body or part of it. Even though fear of being unable to switch back isn't something you should be afraid of, when it comes to being unable to "take back" possession... I don't think I've ever heard of such a case. The host is just in a much better position to default to controlling the body when doing possession.

Anyways, going into this sort of thing with trust issues like that is a pretty big mistake. Tulpas aren't demons or something, they're a thoughtform you're creating from scratch. Preferably you'd make your relationship to them "best friend" by default, or something similar. Switching would be like giving your best friend the keys to your car so they could go see a movie or something. You're asking what would happen if your friend just took your car and never came back. Seeing as it's impossible not to know everything about a tulpa (to the extent of there being enough to know about them yet, as they develop), you don't even have to worry about the obscure possibility your friend was just using you to steal your car. And did I mention in the case of switching in this metaphor, you'd be sitting in the passenger seat while they drove the car? That's about the level of control you're lacking. Taking control back would be about as hard and messy as it would in that scenario, albeit without the life-threatening consequences of hitting/being hit by another car, lol. But as I said, that really shouldn't be a problem. You're making a tulpa from scratch, so all you need to do is not imagine them to be a bad person who'd want to do something like that.

By default, any inhabitant of a body/mind should want what's best for the body/mind they inhabit. It's basic instinct stuff, self-preservation and all that. Also a decent person wouldn't do something so rude.

Oh yes, that certainly is a question asked from the perspective of someone who really hasn't experienced anything tulpa-like. "Mindvoice" is different from pure auditory sound, because it's made of thoughts. The sound accompaniment isn't even required. Thoughts from your tulpa will have more "feeling"/information attached to them than real voices do, you should be able to even tell what their actual intent was even if the words themselves didn't quite make sense. Even the words are a bit of a formality seeing as you can just talk with thought. Actually, a developing tulpa who can't quite speak in mindvoice/mind-words yet may communicate with simple feelings and meaning in thoughts, called tulpish usually. When that precedes actual mindvoice, by the time you do get to actual sentences the feeling of them talking is quite unmistakable. You may have slight mixups from time to time where a thought wasn't clearly applied to either of you, and you can decide on a case-by-case basis who it was meant to belong to. That usually happens due to a lack of focus though.

As for us, I mean, jeez. Lucilyn saying "Hi" comes with a voice, feeling of "her", visual of her form, everything. Much more information than you get when being said Hi to by an actual human. And if she said a real sentence or asked a question, I can feel all of the intent that led to that thought, making it a lot clearer what exactly she meant and where it came from than if it were just words.

To put it simply, these are the sort of things you need to experience yourself to understand. But I tried to give you a decent idea of what to eventually expect. Just remember that while they're still developing none of it will be quite as clear as I'm describing. There may be bursts of clarity that feel like "them" at some point, followed by much less so thoughts that may feel more like yours but-not-quite. Don't get too ahead of yourself and keep doing what you were doing to get to that point, just focusing on speaking and listening to them as if they're there. There's usually a quick confusing/blurry point between "foreign feeling" and "clearly vocal", but if you get caught up in worrying about parroting at that point you'll be distracted from what matters and stop progressing. So, don't.

Oh, and Lucilyn was meant to be basically how she is. I just meant she was a little different than Lumi had first imagined her, being more hyper and happy I guess? She didn't change drastically, but she did change, because being human means changing over time.

So, basically if something might have been my tulpa, I just need to assume it was them, right? Isn't it weird for your host to see Touhou characters in real life? 

Of course none of you are dead, I mean the ones who have it permanent, I heard about a guy who tried it and ended pretty fucked up. When I said I was scared about not being able to take back control, I meant by accident, not because the tulpa doesn't want me to control it. Also, my tulpa is gonna be based off Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony, will she be able to control my body properly? I mean, the anatomy is completely different. 

Thank you for all the answers Tewi!

Completely unrelated question, I heard you guys love Undertale, what are your headcanons for Frisk and Chara?

As weird as it would be for you to see Rainbow Dash in real life I guess, except eight years later.

If you're talking about Koomer, drugs were involved. There've been no real reports of an experience like that (on the forum) in the last five or so years. Anyways, you'd still be in tulpa-form, and at worst you'd just have to learn to switch yourself. Can't be harder than it was the first time. Hosts tend to default back to fronting at first anyways though, for example after sleeping.

Pony tulpas and similar non-human-form ones like wolves sometimes have a bit extra trouble with specific motor functions like controlling fingers, but it's only a dexterity problem, not one that prevents possession/switching from occurring in the first place. And they can learn to get used to it. Pegasi/alicorns and tailed tulpas sometimes have phantom limb syndrome for their missing limbs.

You're welcome.

Frisk is more or less just the person playing the game, and very influenceable. Chara is someone who hated humans, and eventually monsters too, so probably just life in general. I assume s/he experienced humanity being very scummy on an occasion or two and grew to hate them over time. Climbing the mountain is spoken of as if it were basically suicide. Our "headcanon" for Chara is that s/he just wants to end all life at this point, so none of their perceived negatives in the world will exist anymore. That's practically canon, though. Our headcanon tends to be basically canon, especially in franchises we care a lot about like Touhou.

• 1 month later...

here's a thingy (two actually) I wrote responding to someone in PM.. the first wasn't even their question but someone's gotta care!

topics were "do systems ever have conflict over who gets to spend how much time fronting" and then "do tulpas ever have conflict over how much attention one or another gets?" (hopefully I read the PM right and that's what was actually asked lol)

loool, I read your PM wrong and wrote an entirely irrelevant thing oops, I thought you were talking about splitting the system's time fronting for some reason

so.. here's that

[hidden tag was here]well a system's gotta work out with each other this sorta thing, some systems have no trouble and some have to make strict rules. in our system we never argue about anything ever, 'cus we're pretty understanding of each other (idk how a system couldn't be), so even if more than one person wants to front whoever has the more important/time sensitive thing to do does that first. buuut we usually just let anyone with a reason to front front, and if they don't have one, they don't? like I've been fronting for a month as of right now (minus a few days in the middle) because I just like to play games with people and that's it, no one had anything else to do. Lumi (host) fronts other times when nothing's going on too, Tewi fronts to take care of stuff (money, school, complicated tasks, and more often than not just kinda makin our life better), Flandre and Reisen only front for activity's sake usually 'cus switching is like really good forcing (because it exposes us to infinite more experiences than we can have just in the mind!)[/end hidden]

sooo, idk, most systems I know that have a host and tulpa who both have reasons to want to front often peacefully work out times to do that, whether on a schedule/tied to activities (like working a certain job) or not. MOST systems don't really worry about that sort of thing in the first place and just figure out who should front as they go.

anywayssss, I dunno, most tulpas are pretty understanding! and if they want more attention they'd tell ya! no one in our system particularly minds if we're not interacted with for a while 'cus we're basically totally inactive otherwise (if not fronting), but it's not like we let anyone be inactive for too long either 'cus we love each other and are a family. But I guess that's just something every system needs to figure out for themselves! some tups will want a lot of attention, a lot won't, most are probably fine with whatever the host can manage and hopefully if they have a problem with how much interaction they get they'll tell you!

if you're asking if two tulpas ever fight for attention within the same like, few hours.. no lol, maybe at first/before you start it'll sound weird forcing only one tulpa at a time but once that just becomes life for you guys you won't be afraid to take turns as necessary y'know?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

That was me. Yes, thanks again Lucilyn, that was very kind if you. It will take some time to get through 36 pages before my next question.

I have to double post, yes i could easily edit this previous one. But i was told by a mod that, 'once in a while is ok'.