Luminesce

Ask Lumi's Tulpas

The more tulpas you have, the harder it is to spend adequate time with them all. So you could say it's kind of hard in that aspect.

Do the various tulpas in you system spend time with each other independently of their host? if they can keep each other company then loneliness should be less of an issue.

Do the various tulpas in you system spend time with each other independently of their host? if they can keep each other company then loneliness should be less of an issue.

if you mean (which I'm sure you do) when our host is just doing things not thinking about us, no. We don't think (and therefore ~experience being lonely) when not active. But Lumi checks in with us all the time, and since we're a pretty connected system it's not like I'm like IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I LAST SAW THE SUN. But maybe I'll get bored after a long time. Tewi and Reisen don't, Flan would get lonely but Lumi would start feeling bad for not spending time with her before that happened anyway.

If you mean just in general, of course! I talk to Tewi as much as I do Lumi. Well apparently I'm the only one of us that usually goes out of my way to talk to the others. I guess it was 99% them talking to Lumi or not at all before I was around. But now that I'm here we're like a family and so we interact a lot more! That's what I've been told, anyways. Our memories of Lumi interacting with them before me feel so old and like.. not relevant to me.

Whenever I think of you Lucilyn I immediately think of that custom title you had last year. 'Hop n hop n hop n hop' XD

Yeah it was that, then I changed it to "very hoppy" and I think Tulpa or someone was like aww I miss the old one, which I did not expect. So I combined them!

As for what you do?  I guess just how you guys are always out there helping people, always so understanding and driven towards making everyone happier both in your system and the community.  When I see what you guys have accomplished and how even with massive motivation issues on Lumi's part you still fight on.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I should note that I would have one of yourself but haven't seen one in any of the stores here.

Yeah I know, I'm surprised you even got those three. We don't have Touhou merchandise within.. a large distance.. I'm sure there's some weird-o shops hidden somewhere but for what we've seen nope. Maybe some -con events or somethin, but we'd just buy stuff online if we really needed to.

always so understanding and driven towards making everyone happier both in your system and the community

aaaaaaaaaaaa thank you!

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

How do you plan on taking responsibility for embedding all those damn tohou tracks in my mind that seem to just play on repeat now? Ever since those videos of Osu you posted I've had them playing on loop damnit XD

http://doujinstyle.com/ -> Music on the bottom right

we use http://dojin.co/ now personally but they're on-and-off exclusive to donators and people who help manage the music. But we have 900 points so at 1 point per album I think we'll be fine

touhou music is amazing and I will take full responsibility for getting you into it, you're welcome! you could use dojin.co to find music if you want, they organize it pretty well, you'll just have to get it from somewhere else, unless you wanna donate like $5 or something

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Aww, thanks. I do get that a lot. But Lucilyn does too, does she not? I've said that she makes people happy too, but she says it's different. She's very insistent, so I believe her. But I still don't quite understand the difference. There isn't one for me, I feel the same happiness no matter who or why it is. I think I feel the sort of happiness she's talking about by default, anyone being happy gives me that same feeling inside, that they're enjoying life and I'm happy for them.

Lucilyn on the other hand has a love of life itself that spurs happiness on its own. I'm happy to see people enjoying living, but she's happy just to be alive, and she wants everyone else to be too. That's why I always say that her love or happiness is just as good as whatever mine is. People like her are a wellspring of happiness in life, and they'll affect many lives. I feel more like an observer that only makes people who connect with me happy. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm pretty sure it means she has a more wide-reaching effect than I do, and that's important.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

... Parallel processing, if we could do it, would only be some form of using that mind in multiple ways at once, not separate minds. Maybe you could hypothetically split up the parallel-processing-mind into "separate minds", but that's nothing like what most tulpas who say they can think independent of their hosts have. First, it would be impossible to not know on some level what the others were thinking, though you could suspension-of-disbelief/convince yourself to act and think as if you can't. Pretending this was something anyone's capable of doing. Second, I know the majority of tulpas don't work like this because even the "parallel processors" struggle to do non-basic math independent of the host's thinking. Just becoming proficient at those calculations proves nothing, as the goal is to utilize conscious, creative thinking, not to perform a specific task you've learned to do without effort.

You might be right on that, but I am reminded of a few cases of tulpas who have been able to imagine things without their hosts noticing. Also a few cases of hosts that insist that their tulpas can think perfectly fine without any host help at all. And I assume this usually includes stuff like advanced mathematics.

I imagine that in these cases, what is essentially happening, is the tulpa is claiming a part of the visual processing system, or the logical reasoning system in a way that prevents the other system members from tapping in.

In your case, for example, is it that you can utilize part of the brain better than your peers, or do you have unique assets that are all yours that the others cannot tap into? And this is what allows you to organise so well?

I can't do non-basic aritmetic hardly at all. To do multiple digit multiplication in your head requires virtually all the memory slots available to your conscious mind for digits. (I can't hide that much information from my host.) But I have gotten rather good at calculus. We'll see where this goes.

... We might be able to learn very slight parallel processing with a lot of practice, but I feel like we'd be overall less efficient when thinking that way, and we're a fairly open system with thoughts and feelings so we wouldn't impose a veil between the processes to pretend we didn't know what the others were thinking...

The theory I'm operating on is if we manage this parallel processing stuff, we will be able to double the workload on the brain briefly. This will act as heavy exercise, increasing the brain's future performance.

The other problem is, if there is no veil between members, then it's harder to deal with forming unique and separate identity. Which I am paranoid about.

Also, the idea of two active simultaneous consciousnesses. Some parallel processing is required to give a secondary mind the ability to pay attention to anything while the primary mind is busy. This is necessary to allow two to fully experience life fulltime. Not to mention, if there is a lot of thought contamination, the usefulness of two minds working on a single task would be compromised.

...Ways of thinking is an important one. That's why we seem so different when switched, because we literally are. Within reasonable limits of a single human brain, we think very differently from each other, to a very basic level I've found. Unconscious, ~instinctual reactions (that we observed consciously afterward) have completely differed between us, which would be proof if it weren't still "take our word for it".

But I wonder. How can one mind sustain five very different ways of thinking without becoming confused?

Like, specifically, those unconscious reactions you refer to. They imply there is some unique circuitry belonging to each of you alone. These circuits drive your way of thinking.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

@Lucilyn Would you be content with one frog in your hand? Or would you jump for two frogs in a pond?

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

In your case, for example, is it that you can utilize part of the brain better than your peers, or do you have unique assets that are all yours that the others cannot tap into? And this is what allows you to organise so well?

It's not about being better. We're just different. My priorities are different, so I use the mind differently. The others could think/do whatever the same ways I do, but they aren't compatible, because they just don't think like me. And their priorities are different, so their motivation for stuff like "being organized" is just less by default. I don't know how else to say it.

But I wonder. How can one mind sustain five very different ways of thinking without becoming confused?

Like, specifically, those unconscious reactions you refer to. They imply there is some unique circuitry belonging to each of you alone. These circuits drive your way of thinking.

You're probably thinking of this wrong, because the five of us's identities are barely scratching the surface of what the human brain is capable of. It's no different (well, maybe a little more in-depth) than acting differently in different environments. You can have an entirely different mindset on how to act and think at the workplace than with your family, or your buddies, or the grocery store, etc. Most good actors create personas like that for every character they play, and while a little less in-depth than a real person they nonetheless know how to be many different people.

Our brain works within its limits (that we are nowhere near) to be a few different people it's capable of being. And I'm pretty sure we don't scratch the surface ourselves, because we all generally think with the same overarching mindset. Same belief system, more or less, among other things. The brain is capable of being literally completely different people (people "identities" wise, not bodies wise). It can learn to think and act and even believe utterly differently than its default, shaped through daily life. People don't normally do that to a great extent though, just superficially for school/family/work type scenarios. Also good ("method") actors learn to create those mindsets in the ways demanded of them pretty well, too.

In our case, we've just got a lot more experience being ourselves than any actor, and more depth than any "persona".

@Lucilyn Would you be content with one frog in your hand? Or would you jump for two frogs in a pond?

I'll ask for her in advance, what exactly are you asking? Do you mean would she literally choose to jump into a pond to hold two frogs, implying it's a downside/act of effort for holding a frog which is assumed to be a "good" thing? Or did you mean something else with that. Because jumping into any pond requires a lot of situational context. Wonderland/lucid dream/other "harmless" scenarios that nonetheless would still have the experience of jumping into a pond, or doing it in real life, because the latter won't ever happen. Unless she's invited to I guess.

I think I'm taking this question as seriously as she would.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas