Question..

I'm sure some will disagree on the basis of a child's imagination, but I think it would likely be more difficult to make a tulpa at such an age.

I think that most children of that age lack an understanding of people, and an advanced concept of individuality. I would say that their theory of mind has not fully developed (not that everyone's ever does).

On the plus side, a child may have less inhibitions, and may be less likely to be consumed with doubt—which can be a good, or a bad thing.

Anyway, no, I do not believe that it would be any easier, or better for someone that age, and I would not personally recommend it, for several other reasons, as well.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I'd say some aspects like visualization and not doubting might be easier, but other things like sticking with it might be harder. Of course that's just a generalization. Everyone is different, and I'm sure there are eleven year olds who don't fit that stereotype.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest amber5885

I don't think that the age of the person is as important as the type of person when it comes to making a tulpa.

Some kids have no imagination an some adults have an amazing one. And some people can meditate and sit for long periods an others can't.

In my opinion, no. I started when I was 12, and was not doing well with forcing. It was easy to get distracted. Then I hit puberty, and my mind was even more distracted. Now that I'm a bit older and got my thoughts a bit more controlled, I'm doing better with my tulpa.

If you do choose to start now, just know that things change, and there will be obstacles. Don't give up once you start.

There is no reason an 11 year old can't make a tulpa. Most 11 year olds shouldn't for various reasons -- it's quite a decision to make and takes a lot of effort.

Also, if you yourself are under 13 we're required to ban you until you're 13 due to COPPA.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Questioning if one should make a tulpa to be contingent wholly on their age alone is going to involve a combination of normative ethics, i.e., how one ought to act; competencies an individual would ideally want to have (which is a matter of opinion) in advance to make things easier for themselves for potentially assessing themselves in progressive adversities that may come along their way when forcing.

Without some experiential learning of being able to create some objective on how one wants to live in their life, and how they go about in a journey of gathering knowledge and wisdom to see if there’s any incentive to attribute personal meaning and value towards making and interacting with a tulpa, they may end up spending more time speculating why they need to do so in the first place before actually doing activities pertaining to tulpa creation.

But remember, this is something that’s probably confined through your private and subjective experience, and at the end of the day, we’re not some moral magistrates/judges that dictate how you ought to assess yourself in your private and subjective experience. Just because a person has experiential foundations and learning of many challenges in life does not mean they’re in a perpetual state of happiness and perseverance that makes any challenge easier to handle, or even completely removed.

It’s not like having apprehension about your existence in life, or even the existence of a tulpa you implicitly believe to be real is contingent on your age. In other words, there can still be older individuals that face the confusion and purpose behind existence, but are able to cope with it a bit better because of that experiential learning they have in advance. But someone younger who may be able to absorb information through reading the anecdotes of others may be able to cut down the trial-and-error a bit, and build up from there.

People take other people’s experiences up for review when someone who’s just starting this out when they themselves haven’t experienced it personally. When they reach a common ground on certain experiences, then they’re able to consider those anecdotes as testimonies that are somewhat plausible for them.

And trying to find a sound framework on theories with consciousness, and how they can resonate with tulpas themselves is probably going to be a progressive learning curve where age is not going to be the only contingency in validating that it’s really relative on how one applies normative ethics (e.g. if one should create, or ought to create a tulpa, or not) with tulpas in general.

Things like having an existential thirst for companionship, and the plethora of reasons people want to make a tulpa may seem to involve one having some development in cognition, but if we’re purpose-seeking individuals going through nature and nurture and such, age is just a small stepping stone at this point; elitism, ageism, and other biases are merely justifications with some ethical framework behind them in some way.

If you can fully comprehend what Linkzelda just posted, then go for it. Really though, it pretty much comes down to maturity, and being able to gauge your own maturity is pretty dang difficult. The more control you have over your mind, the better your ability to judge things based on your morals, and the more dedication you have, the better you'll do. It's never a straight yes or no answer, rather you'll have an easier time on the higher end and may run into problems on the lower.

Of course, when I was 12 I was considered mature enough to become a moderator on a forum, and I know some adults that.. Well, you've heard this before. Everyone's different, decide for yourself. But don't forget you can consciously improve yourself, either. Working on your own self-development for the sake of your tulpa is a noble endeavor.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Now we're just patronizing OP to not use context clues. Most of the time, I try to aim for other people reading it in the future, and if there's any clarification needed, they can PM me if the thread fades away, and I'll happily go for making layman's terms. Though I guess it would be natural for us to be a bit ageist in undermining OP's ability to use context clues, and thus feel it's probably contingent in them not being suitable to force. :P

There's a missing "JK" in there somewhere, and maybe a "Don't worry, I didn't either" too. Neither sounded very good though..

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.