What should the name be?

Pleeb

Seriously, the current name of this community and website is "Tulpa Info." Anyone have suggestions for names?

Here are some suggestions:

• Tulpa Information Central
  • Tulpa Syndicate

Everyone suggest/vote on a name!

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Tulpa Information Central" is just a suggestion if you are gonna change it. I like the name "Tulpa Info" as it is now.

It needs to have the name Tulpa set out so that it's searchable. possibly tulpa meditation since that's whats being promoted. Unless you want to leave it open to other similar type techniques. It may not be a bad idea to attract a diverse crowd. If people get stuck it gives more options to work with rather than giving up and getting discouraged. What are your goals for this website.

Seriously though, it doesn't need to be anything special. I'm absolutely fine with Tulpa info. It's simple, yet informative. It also implies we're a modest and simple community. At least, that's what I like to think.

Another thing are you trying to attract adults with this site? ... seeing things like "read this first asshole" on your guide makes you sound really immature, most will go elsewhere and credibility is totally lost Again I would suggest diversity but if you want a teenage site that's fine too. I'm just not sure where you going with it. That has to be reflected in the name and web description.

Of course I'm trying to attract adults to the site. That's why I built the guides page, I made sure to keep things such as "Read this first asshole" off, and why I tried to maintain a professional setup. The worst that we have are in Dane's guides (the FAQ, Tulpa for Dummies, etc) and Vandereich's thing that everyone begged me to put on (and I put a notice with that).

As for "Tulpa Info," it sounds like broken English imo, and it just felt awkward for me to title it in places like Wikipeda as, "Tulpa Info" for the site. But, it may just be me and my tendency to be overcritical and overthink things, in which case I can just leave the name as it is.

EDIT: There's also a better chance of Wikipedia letting us stay in their External links if the site looks like it's one of those reputable organizations.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I happen to think that Tulpa.info is very appropriate. I have absolutely no idea what else to call it.

Clair happens to think that the name fits as well.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Guest Anonymous

EDIT: There's also a better chance of Wikipedia letting us stay in their External links if the site looks like it's one of those reputable organizations.

URL wise:

Well, a quick look at a random, high profile page (MIT's) page tells me that the most prominent urls in the links are:

.com

.org

.edu

The screen caps of those sites:

http://i.imgur.com/SHmHi.png

Sadly, both com and org are taken, but edu isn't. I personally like .info, but you are the mod. As for names, Tulpa creation, tulpa centre, tulpa guides.