Can anyone actually "see" their Tulpa

Darkdutch

Please tell me how long it took and what it's like. Like how did it happen did they just show up one day did you have to visualize them? Sorry lots of questions ^_^ also how did you train to get it to that state

When you say "see,"do you mean like actually see, as in a hallucination? That would be imposition and it's generally accepted that imposition takes years to master. If you meant "see" as in see in your mind, then that would be visualization. The way you visualize anything, including your tulpa, is to just imagine it. I like to use an apple as an example: imagine that you are holding an apple. If you can imagine what that would look like(as well as feel and the other senses, to some degree) that is visualization. I had to move Markus around for a while when I first started with her, since she couldn't move on her own.

Anyway, hope I helped. Good luck!

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

It definitely doesn't have to take years. FAQ_Man and Irish both got imposition within a year of starting. Irish took about 3-5 months of imposition work per tulpa if I'm remembering right.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

It definitely doesn't have to take years. FAQ_Man and Irish both got imposition within a year of starting. Irish took about 3-5 months of imposition work per tulpa if I'm remembering right.

Really? Holy crap, that's awesome :D

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

We've recently had several new members who claimed to have mastered those techniques within some months or even weeks.

I'm not saying they're all fakes but it makes me think. Generally people seem to progress a lot faster than some years ago. Maybe they just inspire each other to believe in their skills?

As for me, I've been practicing imposition for about a month* and I don't see a damn thing. Nothing. I can feel the presence of my tulpa and imagine her like in wonderland but actually seeing her?

Nope

*although not as hard as I should my tulpa says

The biggest factor by far is what experience you're already able to do going into it. I've talked to a few generally artsy types who could already impose stuff, or nearly do so. Also one person outside this community who made something very similar to Glitch's HUD servitor, created and imposed just through visualizing it to pass time when bored.

I suspect the people who have imposition in weeks either were able to do something like that going in, or just had to poke the right thing in their brain to activate it. Others need to spend longer making their visualization clear enough for imposition to work.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I'm not very artsy, and just as bad at visualization, so none of this came naturally. Rather, I'm more comfortable with observing and changing my thoughts than most. Imposition was just as hard as normal visualization was for me, that is, took a lot of practice to be remotely satisfactory. But I had an easier time starting imposition than some others because my brain is ~good at coming up/experimenting with new thought processes. So while the actual vision to imposition took me a few weeks of practice to really kick in at all (transparent-overlay-over-normal-vision-in-my-mind), I got the feelings of sensing my tulpas down quicker, ie tricking my mind into thinking they were there. More important to me than vision was that "6th sense" feeling that comes with other peoples' presence, which is what I consider second most important in imposition (after your tulpa feeling like they're really there).

... Visualization is arbitrary, it's just a mental muscle that can be developed with practice, like dream recall. More important are the mental workings and beliefs behind it all. And depending on the person, that can take a lot more or a lot less work than the visualization.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

With the long image streaming sessions I did in the past, both recorded and unrecorded, it's more of seeing a veneer of their existence imposed whenever I do open-eyed visualization. But lately, closed-eyed or opened-eyed, I seem to be getting there. I just need to put in more grandiose hours to have this occurring naturally to the point where their projection is somewhat consistent.

Though I feel that if I reach that point, I may have a moral and ethical impasse to come to terms with. But once I do, I think my main adversity is knowing what would be the difference between reality and a dream. I don't feel mastering imposition is wholly contingent on so many months and years like others have stated. I would be willing to throw in an ad hoc claim if someone did long hours (3-7 hours +) every now and then, e.g. two times a week at the very least, their visual prowess presumably would be augmented to the point where that same veneer of their tulpa's existence is easier to impose. But not everyone can sacrifice that much of their time without some doubting lingering in their mind, but in my experience, the risk is worth it when you realize the type of joy you can experience going to such lengths to make them real in your private and subjective experience.

I seem to see my tulpas and entities through my minds eye and sometimes in real life. They Usually appear briefly and sometimes I sense them walk behind me or touch me... When I am not expecting it I tend to literally jump a mile high. Recently Ari woke me up by saying my name out loud and I remember feeling his/ her little furry hand grabbing at my hand... I was sort of half asleep but I woke right up when that happened

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia