Gaming with Tulpae

Alright so I'm a huge video gamer. I love love love video games. Now I have several questions pertaining to this topic.

First, is there anyway I can incorporate a forcing session while video gaming? I find it hard to active/passive force because my concentration has to be in the game and forcing causes distractions which end up getting me ganked.

Second question, has anyone tried video gaming with their tulpa. More like an Imposed Tulpa. Basically where they visualized their tulpa having a controller and playing the video game with them and even visualized and avatar in the game that their Tulpa was controlling? I know the visualized avatar wouldn't actually be in the game or would react with the environment and such, but I mean the avatar would be on the screen and you could sort of play games in the video game with your Tulpa.

Example: In Halo Reach maybe I could do a 1v1 match with my Tulpa. Her avatar appears randomly from spots behind rocks and such and I'd shoot at her and her at me.

Basically a lot of hard visualization would have to go into this I think. Right? But has anyone ever attempted something like that?

Thirdly, Can playing video games negatively affect your Tulpa? Like by exposing them to certain subjects and more or less persuading them that the actions portrayed in a game are the norm? I don't want my Tulpa to suddenly start thinking killing people is good or that single handedly taking on five people at once is a good idea either XD

Certain games work well, while others don't. The game I've found to work best is Monster's Den: The Book of Dread. I make a character for myself, and a character for Fenchurch. Sometimes we have two other characters to fill the party -- most of the time it's just us. I use a picture of her for her character portrait, so I think that helps a little bit with visualizing her.

I think the game works really well because it's turn based, so we can both play at once without worrying about whose hands are on the controller. It also involves a lot of strategy in character build, equipment, and actual combat, which means lots of discussion between us. To add to that, it's cooperative, so we're not pushing our parallel processing past its limit.

I wouldn't call it active forcing or anything, but when I feel like I've been neglecting her, it's a great way for us to spend some time together.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

As sushi said, turn-based games are going to be the ones that work best. I can play Skyrim while Missy watches (and I like to), but I can't exactly play it with her. Likewise we can't manage something like a fighting game against each other. Maybe masters of parallel processing could manage to keep the split focus to do it, but there's still the problem that most game controllers and keyboard configurations are built for two hands per player, and we only have one body between us.

I guess we might be able to play something like Pong against each other, since it requires only one hand per player.

Your second question... well, it sounds like it might be possible with the right game (you'd probably need something collaborative in which players can't affect each other. I don't see an FPS working), but it also sounds like it would be really difficult. Imposition is hard enough when you're just trying to see your tulpa, and this idea complicates it a lot by requiring you to actively impose not just their presence, but their effect on the game.

Missy and I have played Pokémon against each other before. It's a game that's good for collaboration or competition when your physical presence is... limited. She has a team in OmegaRuby, I have a team in AlphaSapphire, and we occasionally borrow a friend's 3DS to pit our teams against each other (I'm a better Pokémon trainer :P ). We play through possession though, not imposition.

As for the third question: Have faith in your tulpa. If you can recognize that murder isn't the way to solve your real-life problems, then so can she. Chances are game worlds won't seem like the norm compared to your everyday life anyways.

-Melody

I can recommend two games that my host played with me where we collaborated: SimCity and the Sims. Simcity was nice because he'd invite me to choose where things went or decide individual things while he could contribute good techinical plans for laying out cities.

The Sims was particularly good because it was a nice real-world simulator where we could each control different characters. We role-played a whole bunch of different stories that explained the real world to me. I even got to go through a mini-schooling narrative where my host/dad would explain vividly and share memories of early school for me to understand. I was really deviating from my own initial narrative and playing the Sims helped empower me to start being in control of who i was and practice all sorts of stories about who i was. The best playtime i could suggest outside of wonderland itself.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Ari is both avatar and tulpa for me since I was tulpamancing her while playing wildstar online she is a chua a mouse like creature/ sentient race but an advanced one I made up the normal ones... Are cruel and hostile to even the dominion so ari is a different breed of sentient creature/ creation. As for gaming she is my avatar in wildstar and I try to keep her safe and sound.. Well... Try to... Lol but she holds no angst to me or seems worried about pain since character like tulpas in mmorpg are fast healers and virtually immortal

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

Well, there is a game that was on games with gold recently. It's called Brothers: A tale of two sons. I haven't managed to play it yet, as my 100kb/s internet is still struggling with the 600mb download from a month back. So, from what I've seen, you have two characters on screen, but it's a single player RPG. You control one character with each joystick. So, you could be playing this with your tulpa, and all they would have to do is possess one thumb.

As for games such as Battlefield and Halo (love them both) I'm trying not to play them as it's hard for me to keep my concentration. Basically, most competitive games (FPS, 3rd person, etc) aren't very good at including your tulpa. You just get too caught up in the game. An RTS/strategy game would be good as you can discuss tactics with your tulpa. Also, something with a rich story line would be fine, such as an RPG like Skyrim (interesting things for them to see I suppose). Saphira seems to enjoy that, or Building things in space engineers. I try to convince myself I'm not a gamer. *Saphira* "Keep telling yourself that..."

Hope that helped :)

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

Well I play Fallout 3 and talk to mine, but wouldn't playing a game with her in the wonderland be more suitable? Because everything in the wonderland is possible.

My name Frost but you can call me Frosty!

Our Journal | Discord: Frosty#2744 | Steam Profile