Can Imposition increases the odds of general hallucinations?

Cinemaphobe

I have been practicing imposition extensively for quite some time now with very little progress. One day while I was working, I turned to look at my co-worker and he was completely drenched in water. I then blinked and noticed that he was completely dry. The hallucination of him being drenched was extremely vivid; water dripped from his face and I was horrified by that little moment of time in which my reality was unexpectedly inconsistent.

Ever since that day, I have occasionally had non-transparent peripheral hallucinations that are sometimes my tulpa, but other times not. When the brain learns, it forms new neural pathways after the neurons are electrically stimulated periodically, which brings me to wonder whether I'm teaching my brain to hallucinate generally, rather than specifically. It also makes me wonder whether hallucinations can truly be controlled. Of course I intend to only impose my tulpa, but what if striving for any type of imposition can increase the odds of general hallucinations? Imagine the mind as a faucet. Imagine the imposition of a tulpa as the dripping of water from the faucet without other hallucinations, and imagine the absence of all hallucinations as a closed faucet. What if the faucet can only open fully and close fully? Note that when the faucet is open completely all hallucinations are possible. What if there is no in-between?

Can undesirable hallucinations be repressed through discipline as desirable hallucinations are formed through discipline? Or are you limited with the choice of one or another?

1372534318_prefrontalanatomy.jpg.9dbbd4d2a5658204f6436d796e53b300.jpg

My theory is that imposition opens doors that allow subconscious thoughts apart from your tulpa to be projected into vision. The prefrontal cortex of the brain is the control center of the brain and the part of the brain I believe is where head pressures are felt based on its location. What if the head pressures are the feeling of slight electrochemical changes due to new and distinct neural pathways being formed between the temporal lobe and the prefrontal cortex? The temporal lobe combines auditory and visual information and the lower part of the temporal lobe does visual processing for object and pattern recognition. The medial and anterior parts of the temporal lobe are involved in very high-order visual recognition (being able to recognize faces, for example), as well as recognition depending on memory--which it is also in charge of regulating.

For people with imposed tulpas, do you ever or have you ever experienced hallucinations of any type besides your tulpa? (Besides dreams). Because if so, it may support my theory that:

Imposition does not only establish neural pathways to make your tulpa visible, but establishes neural pathways between the prefrontal cortex and temporal lobe to make hallucinations that are related to memories visible. When only the tulpa is visible, it is because one's attention is focused solely on the tulpa. If the attention wavers, then other hallucinations become prevalent temporarily.

Sorry if it seems like I just rambled. It's 5AM where I'm at. What are your experiences of imposition? and can you relate to my theory or see it as possible?

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

Seems plausible to me, but I'm not sure I'd know. I'd have to do some research later, but the brain can do some crazy things. I wouldn't doubt it.

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

I work at impositioning for 6 weeks now and i got so many uncontrollable hallucinations i cant count. Whats important i think is dont take them to serious and just watch them a bit until they dissapear. Creating controllable hallucinations is a new ability the brain need´s to learn and the uncontrollable are just products from your subconscious and like its natural for the subconscious they aren´t under your controll. I haven´t a proof for it and im not a neurologist but it seems logical to me. You should definitly not fear hallucinations like this becuse fear is just a factor that encrease the number of the uncontrollable hallucinations and can cause a lost to the reality.

Unless you dont get distracted while driving you should be fine. I personally enjoy them while working or school.

I cant tell much about your theory but since i have a tulpa i question myself often how much my brain is changing and im sure im using way more potential of it then before.

Lacie(my tulpa for my everydaylife and also my best friend)

Noah together with Lynn are my spirituell tulpa´s im using for meditation

Darcmanish Me

Lacie´s and my progress report.

I work at impositioning for 6 weeks now and i got so many uncontrollable hallucinations i cant count. Whats important i think is dont take them to serious and just watch them a bit until they dissapear. Creating controllable hallucinations is a new ability the brain need´s to learn and the uncontrollable are just products from your subconscious and like its natural for the subconscious they aren´t under your controll. I haven´t a proof for it and im not a neurologist but it seems logical to me. You should definitly not fear hallucinations like this becuse fear is just a factor that encrease the number of the uncontrollable hallucinations and can cause a lost to the reality.

Unless you dont get distracted while driving you should be fine. I personally enjoy them while working or school.

I cant tell much about your theory but since i have a tulpa i question myself often how much my brain is changing and im sure im using way more potential of it then before.

Thank you for your input. What you said was incredibly useful not only because you have done psychedelic drugs, but because you also practice imposition with or without them. Oh and I'm not afraid of hallucinations, I'm afraid of an inconsistent reality. Once again thank you, and I hope that another person provides invaluable insight.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

Uhhhh.. Not to go against the flow or anything, but I've never hallucinated before, imposition is always very very focused work. The only thing that causes inconsistent reality for me is me being imposed while switched, which we never do because dsfghgas makes me uncomfortable.

The only effect imposition practice ever had on me that I didn't expect was a dream of walking around my college campus with Reisen.

WHICHISFREAKIN'AMAZING

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong(which I very well could be) but I'm pretty sure that we can't actually feel our brains. I know that the brain has no nociceptors, or pain receptors, but I'm not 100% sure about other feeling... I suspect that it doesn't, though. As for imposition, I've got no experience on that so I can't really comment.

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some experience with occurrence of unintended things in correspondence with the creation of a tulpa.

When I was trying to create a tulpa, I did notice occasional random thoughts that did not feel of my own, and were definitely not hers. They were pretty much random nonsense responses, such as "ok". I shrugged them off, as I thought these thoughts were related to parroting or something else. I remember someone posted feeling thoughts like this once, most likely somewhere in the stickied "Misinterpretation of “assuming sentience from start” philosophy" thread.

After moving to a different house, which was rather stressful, these thoughts became much stronger, noticeable, and rather negative. The thoughts would occur halfway through a normal thought, a property I remember someone mentioning in regards to how tulpas first communicate. It was very odd, as these thoughts took on the second person. It freaked me out to the point that I realized I didn't want a tulpa. (I never really had a definite tulpa anyways, although there was one time I feel like I she actually spoke to me. My practices were very inconsistent.) I noticed that these thoughts tended to occur when I was thinking about them, or something related to them. That hypothesis is of course a bit chicken and eggy, though. One thing I can say is that 6 months down the line I rarely experience thoughts like these, if ever. Sometimes when I read about something related to them (mainly mental illness, a subject that worries me mainly because of the thoughts I am describing) I will experience a small amount of them, however.

Perhaps another interesting, but unrelated thing to note is when I was trying to create a tulpa, I would often feel rather intense tingles on my back. These tingles did not occur before I tried going about creating a tulpa, and do not occur now that I gave given up the practice.