Tulpa-con

Thevious

If there was a convention in real life to spread the word of the Tulpa phenomenon, as well as a reason for Tulpa.info memebers to meet up or what ever, who would go. I know this would do a lot about location and money realated topics. But just a answer, and your thoughts on the idea. There could be artist that would do quick sketches for like 5$ or something for wonderlands or tulpas. Food, socialization, Ect.. even games that with out a Tulpa/ the use of dual processing would be impossible. I thought this was a unique idea and would like your thoughts on it.

Violet is a tease.

Thevious

Violet

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it would be lots of fun. I've never been to a convention for... well, anything really.

Obviously there'd be certain concerns about security, spotlight, and giving public access to some of the sorts of people that we might not want knowing about tulpas, though. Easier and safer than a full-blown con would be something smaller-scale, like a (probably invite-only) meetup.

-Melody

Just a idea, if a lot of people thought this would be cool, we could get more specifics to see if people would go, and possibly happen. But I just thought of it.

Violet is a tease.

Thevious

Violet

Well, someone has to post it:

I can just imagine it. Every single corner of the meet-up room occupied by pizza face teenagers staring at their feet and pretending to text someone on their phone. Occasionally glancing up in hope of any out, so as to avoid contributing to the communal spaghetti pile in the center of the room. Greasy fat neckbeards with enough chins to reach 57% of the way to the moon, extending a hand covered in a 2in thick paste composed of cheeto dust and sweat, in a vain attempt at starting a conversation. Through the thick lisp and accumulated spit, you can hear him choke out "SAY HI TO MY TUPPER" as he giggles to himself for using internet humor. He stands inches from you, staring, while waiting for you to talk to his tulpa. His breath smells of sour Mountain Dew and canned chicken as he inches closer to your face. Just as his face is about to touch yours, what sounds like a deflating balloon bellows over the loud speakers.

You breathe a sigh of relief as everyone turns to face the stage in the front of the room. You see a man with a neckbeard extending into his chest hair indistinguishably stutter into the mic as he begins to hyperventilate. You can make out a nametag pinned to his shirt with a witty phrase about imaginary friends. The nametag says "Pleeb". You can see trickles of spaghetti sauce dripping from his back pockets as he finally manages to introduce himself, and tells everyone that his tulpa is going to take the stage to finish the announcement. He stands off to the side while staring at the empty space where he once stood. Every few seconds he nods reassuringly, before nervously glancing at the crowd. After a few minutes an audible "plop" is heard as a pile of spaghetti drops from each pocket as he realizes nobody can hear his tulpa. A steady stream of marinara is flowing from his pockets as he tries to make it stop with a joke about orange showers. But it's too late. With each socially inept faux pas, the spaghetti stream becomes a torrent.

There is now a 5in. deep pool of spaghetti. As everyone tries to tell others to watch out for their tulpa as they flee for the exit, the spaghetti torrent turns into a spaghetti tsunami. Waves of pasta sauce sweep everyone into the spaghetti ocean. As the morbidly obese drown in their own failure, the survivors begin to climb the peaks of fat to stay above. Unable to handle the girth of the situation, many retreat to their wonderland, while drowning themselves in the now 20ft deep spaghetti tsunami. You attempt to swim for an exit, but realize they are blocked by the bodies of neckbeards. You're trapped. As you begin to lose your strength, letting the maroon waves of spaghetti overtake you, you realize that you helped cause this. A single noodle slides down your cheek as you kiss your tulpa goodbye, and you begin to sink into the saucy abyss.

It could be cool. It could also be a disaster.

How many of us are old enough to attend without parental permission? Also, what would people do at a tulpa convention? There's no official merchandise, no one to give autographs, no costumes to wear. Ok, so there's food (spaghetti and orange juice, for sure). Socialization? Well, we are sorta a community of shut-ins.

I mean if it ever happens, I'll be there selling tulpa bracelets or something.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I think it'd be better than that lol, we can think of something... But I have no words for that eh... Quote you put up....My first time seeing it.

Violet is a tease.

Thevious

Violet

What would we even talk about? What panels would we have, and who would run them? It would make more sense to me to have a meetup instead of a full-blown convention, lest we have a repeat of the ball pit from the con we don't talk about.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Panels: possession/switching, imposition, coming out, and tulpasex -- twelve panels on tulpasex because that's where the most interest lies. Maverickthecat will run them all. Simultaneously.

But yeah, a meetup sounds good too. Probably better suited to the size of the community.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Oh god. I attend Brony meets every while, and while I've been gifted with a group that isn't full of totally inept neckbeards, we'll occasionally get one or two that shows up. It's awkward enough with them sitting there, laughing and nodding while the five or six of us are having regular conversation, but when they're actually trying to be social, things get painful.

And not like, "Why are you talking" painful, but "Oh god I can't hit my head on the table because I'm trying not to be rude but what the fuck why are you using memes from 2010 in real-life conversation please no more" painful. I like to imagine most of the tulpa community being that way, to some degree.

May be totally off, and it might be great or something, but yeaahh. This isn't the first time somebody's brought up a Tulpacon, and the general notion is that it would be so bad.

However

twelve panels on tulpasex because that's where the most interest lies. Maverickthecat will run them all. Simultaneously.

I would attend just for this. So if we can make that happen, I'll just plug my nose, and buy the best weekend-pass I can.

I do not believe this will work, and in fact will only serve to harm the community over all. This practice is not only niche, not only misunderstood, but is seen by many outsiders as either insanity, or a mockery of those who suffer with DID by bored teenagers who have an inordinate love for cartoons about horses/schoolgirls. Hosting a convention about such a topic will likely only serve to make it, this site, and the entire phenomenon the butt of jokes and hostility.

The user base is not very mature, are often not well adjusted, and the discourse of the site thus far does not reveal the subject to be much more than a mental toy. At the very least, this place needs to be given time to mature before a gathering is even considered. This is not the same as hosting a convention for a cartoon, or a game: People do NOT try to institutionalize people who watch cartoons are play games.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace